Period's late, but negative home pregnancy test: Could I be pregnant?

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 22nd, 2012, 01:27 PM
Hello, I'm really worried about being pregnant. On April 13 I had intercourse an although we used a condom some got on my vaginal area, 4 days later I got a normal period, but ive ha all the symptoms of being pregnant, nausea, cramps, sore breast, mood swings. Now this month I'm 5 days late , I've taken 4 pregnancy tests all negative, I've also been really stress with school, work, and the idea of being pregnant. Is it possible that I'm regnant? And should I do?
May 24th, 2012, 05:09 AM
Well this is frustrating. I went off of birth control four months ago as we're TTC. I'm 27 years old, so TTC shouldn't be toooooo difficult. We've done our part in trying to get pregnant, so when my period comes, it's disappointing, but I get on with it and try again. While I usually get my period by the 32nd day into my cycle and no later, it's now been 37 days and no sign of a period coming on. I have a dull sensation in my pelvic region, which can best be described as pulling or stretching. I don't have typical cramps like I normally do when I feel my period coming on. I'm not sure if it's all in my head because I want to be pregnant, but in the last couple of days I've felt different somehow. Nonetheless, I'm getting negative pregnancy tests. I took 2 HPTs on the day my period was due, and one this morning, but all came out negative. Now I'm all out of HPTs and will have to buy them AGAIN if my period still doesn't arrive (isn't that so annoying?). It's frustrating because I either want to be pregnant and happy about it, or get my period and move on with it. If I'm not in fact pregnant, I don't understand why it is so late or dare I say skipped, as I'm not especially stressed, my diet and exercise routine remains the same, and I don't usually encounter this. A couple of years ago I did miss a couple of months of my period due to excessive stress and poor diet, but that was completely explainable. I've read about women who develop hcg slower or at lower levels, so I suppose it's possible that could apply to me should I be pregnant. Although, when I was much younger and made a very big mistake, I got pregnant when I was 16 (please don't judge this, I'm aware of what I did, and have been able to forgive myself- that's not why I bring this up). I got a positive HPT when that happened, but I believe I was 6 weeks pregnant by that time. I'm just so frustrated and want to know. I can live with the idea that I'm not pregnant and just need to try again, but the limbo is torture! And what's with these sensations I've been having? Do you have any thoughts? So glad we can all relate to each other on here. I also found some comments on here to be helpful: http://www.babycenter.com/404_when-can-i-ignore-a-negative-pregnancy-test_10315124.bc
May 24th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Hey I just found this web page n.wanted.to get sum.advice well were.do I start ok I have a normal 28day.cycle and I am always on time maybe one or.2day late.sometimes but right.now.I have not got my period in 2months.my last period was in March 23and it was a normal period it was 7days lol n now we are.almost at the.end of may n nothing no period I have taken at least 4home pregnancy test and they are all negative ( idk.what's wrong I have had.only alot alot of dizzyness and tired and a little tender breast nothing else can enybody.give.me.some advise?
May 27th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Hello all,

I was due for my cycle on Tuesday the 22nd. I have a standard 28 day cycle I have never missed a period, and I'm 30. My hubby and I want a baby. I took a hpt Friday night, and this Sunday morning, both negative. I have an appt on Wed..., but I would love some advice. I'm so nervous. I had cramps like my period was coming but nothing. I'm not really cramping today, only slight cramps here and there. I'm so nervous and anxious!!
May 28th, 2012, 01:28 AM
plz reply soon.........
my period is missing from 2 months n when i test it show negative...i don't want baby now,im a working women...plz tell if any medicine is there to stop the growth n kill inside only baby....
May 29th, 2012, 02:57 AM
Hey just free stress yourselfs guys,i'v been on a same kinda of situation.me and ma boyfrend had sex the day after my period but the condom broke i than took morning after in 58 hours,i thouth i was pregnant too.took about 5 preg. Test they were all negetive.i tahn started to have tender breast,which made think i was pregnant,thanks to god i got ma period 3 weaks late.so grls jst relax u gona u'rs soon.
June 1st, 2012, 06:08 AM
Its reassuring its not just me in this situation, I'm 25 and have recently started trying for a baby. I usually have a spot on twenty eight day cycle but I am currently eight days late. I tried a test on late day two and gained a negative result but after being told it might be to early to test then I tried again today (late day eight) but still negative . I know I should go to my GP but I know if he tells me I'm not pregnant I'm gonna be devestated so I'm putting it off. Anyone else feel like this? Good luck to all those trying xx
June 2nd, 2012, 12:55 PM

Last edited by annie_girrl; June 4th, 2012 at 08:46 PM.
June 2nd, 2012, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrina411 View Post
My last period was on June 29 2010.. I have taken 4 hpt and all came back negative. First, my breast have been extremly sore! And my aerolas have gotten a lot darker. Then I have been extremely bloated n nauseated. I started to get this sour taste in my mouth and I can not eat anything I used to LOVE pickles I hate them now. I go pee every 30 minuets and two days ago when I wipe there is dark brown blood on the tissue. It's not a lot and it doesn't happen everytime I pee. At night I can't get comfortable on my stomuch because I'm bloated with heartburn and gas. I havent thrown up but I do have diareaha. I'm getting so depressed because I feel like there is something going on with me and I know that all this isn't in my head but my hpt keep coming back negative.!! I have an apt on the 17th I just need to know if this has happened to anyone else. Thanks
Sabrina
I really hope you're still active on this forum. I'd really like to know what the final outcome of your situation was. I'm experiencing many of the same symptoms. I have 2 children and am no stranger to pregnancy. HPT's have come up negative, all 4 of them. I'm 8 days late, breasts hurt when looked at...etc.

Sabrina, were you in fact pregnant? If so, how long until it was confirmed by a positive test??
June 4th, 2012, 01:02 PM
My last period was February 6th, 2012 :/ it's already June and still no period I've been feeling extremely tired even though I sleep early I'm still tired I took 3 tests and still negative! I feel bloated and a lot heavier then before tired crazy mood swings head aches nausea and I'm only 19
June 6th, 2012, 04:19 PM
You can still be pregnant, I started testing about 2 weeks ago when I missed my period which was due on may the 20th. All of them were neg till yesterday morning when I got a faint pregnant line. So I tested again today and it was a darker positive with (2 test) same brand. This is not my first pregnancy this will be the 7th so keep trying tell you get your period or the DR says you are not....
June 17th, 2012, 11:53 PM
Glad to see I'm not the only one in this situation!. Period is one week late, negative HPT. BUT, sore breasts, nausea, major fatigue, back aches and the worst bloating I've ever had. Not to mention that my moods are all over the place and my significant other is pretty sick of it haha. I've been researching to see if these symptoms are anything else but none match up the same? Debating whether this is a trip to the OBGYN or my primary doctor incase it's something else. How likely is it to get a false negative even though my period is already a week late?
July 13th, 2012, 01:54 AM
I lost my baby girl in Oct 11 at 7 months to pre eclampsia and have been trying since for a wee baby. I missed my period in May, so did a test probably 4 days into missing my period and it was negative, tried again 2 days later and negative again. Still no period and feeling tired and needing to pee more, but I put this down to exercise and drinking more water. Anyway, went to Nurse yesterday for unrelated blood tests and explained what was going on, we did a test and i'm 7 weeks pregnant :-)

It made sense to me that I didn't get my period as I was using the ovulation sticks and I didn't think I had ovulated.

So the moral of this story is, pregancy and ovulation tests sometimes can be wrong.....

Keep trying ladies, it will happen for you xx
July 16th, 2012, 06:07 AM
Hi. I've never experienced this before. I had my period on the 10th of June. Then about 16 days later I had spotting. Now it's July 16th and my period is late. I took a test about 4 days ago and it was negative . Maybe stress is holding back my period
July 19th, 2012, 06:30 AM
I'm so glad I found this site! I've never missed a period and my last one was June 12th. I had some light discharge with pinkish/brown in it (sorry tmi) on the 28th-30th which I thought may be implantation bleeding. I'm a week late and have taken multiple tests all say negative. Some say positive hrs later, but I've heard to disregard a positive if its hours later that its just the evaporation line. Anybody else have this happen and not be pg?
July 25th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Hi i hope someone can help me im not sure if im being paranoid but i had sex about 2-3 months ago since then i have had a period my first one was about a week later i guest and the next one was last month but it was 5days late and not very heavy as normal, i was due on my period on the 18 of this month and it is now the 26th. I have not had any period pains. And im starting to get worrid about pregnancy... Iv got very sore breasts and very tiered alough i havent done anything... I took a test about 2 weeks ago or less and it was negative is it possible i could be pregnant and have bleeding ect pleaseeeeeeeee help.?????????????? Thanks x
July 31st, 2012, 04:24 PM
My periods have been regular 5/6, 6/3, 6/30. Today is july 31 and still no period. According to period trackers my period was due 27/28took a test but it was negative. When should i expect a positive test? I BDed several times this month but also curious if you think i couldve conceived 6/25?
August 1st, 2012, 10:51 PM
My periods just started to become normal. I had sex on June 26, period came on June 28 && lasted the normal 7 days. It's now August 1 and my period hasn't came on. I've taken several pregnancy tests but they were all negative. I've been having what I think are pregnancy symptoms (not sure, never been pregnant before) but I've been craving certain foods, rejecting my normal favorite foods because the smell is unappealing, lower abdomen/ pelvic cramps, feeling queasy && tired. I'm not sure if I waited long enough before taking the tests, if there is something wrong, or if I'm even pregnant. I'm very nervous with this being my first time && I'm not sure. HEEELP!!! LOL
August 2nd, 2012, 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apeksha View Post
plz reply soon.........
my period is missing from 2 months n when i test it show negative...i don't want baby now,im a working women...plz tell if any medicine is there to stop the growth n kill inside only baby....
Dear Concern,

please talk to with your family doctor or any good physician

thanks

AAS
August 12th, 2012, 01:41 PM
It is possible to be pregnant and get negative tests i had not had my period for 4 months and kept takin test they were all negative now i feel my baby kicking like crazy the tests are still negative so it is possible with my first child the test turned positive as soon as i missed so every pregnancys different

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search