Period's late, but negative home pregnancy test: Could I be pregnant?

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 12th, 2012, 01:42 PM
It is possible to be pregnant and get negative tests i had not had my period for 4 months and kept takin test they were all negative now i feel my baby kicking like crazy the tests are still negative so it is possible with my first child the test turned positive as soon as i missed so every pregnancys different
August 18th, 2012, 01:00 PM
21 dpo and 6 days late, one positive test when I was 3 days late, all 7 subsequent tests were neg. I will definitely update you on whether or not I'm pregnant no later than Wed Aug 22.
August 20th, 2012, 01:02 PM
It's really nice to see I'm not the only one in this boat. I have a 30 day cycle and I am never late as I always have my period on the Thursday. This month I am 11 days late and have taken 4 tests over the missed days but all results were negative. I went to visit a nurse to get advice and told her my senaerio with her contradicting her self telling me that they can't do pregnancy tests, but telling me the pound shop tests are just as good as there's. I don't know whether its that she didn't take me seriously or whay but I just want to know why I've not come on and if I could be pregnant? I have been getting period like pains and have a bad stomach felling sick during the days and getting on off migraines. Just need some advice cause at the moment as my boyfriend is on holiday I feel like I have none to talk to cause none can relate to how I'm feeling, thank you x
August 20th, 2012, 07:40 PM
I think you'd better go to see doctor.
August 21st, 2012, 03:50 AM
I've never been in this situation before so I don't know if I should see a doctor, nurse or what* then when I'm there what do I even say? I'll be happy if it comes back I am but I mainly just want to know why I've missed my period. 12 days late and still no sign...
August 22nd, 2012, 02:47 PM
I am new to this forum. I am so confused as to what is going on. My last normal menstal was in june. I had a short 2-3 days light one in early july and a 1 day very light spotting here in early aug. the hpt all come back negative and the quantitaive blood test at the dr. she said was negative as well. But, my belly is now hard just above my pelvic bone, and so round. My bbs have grown a full cup size and a half my pants are tighter, my bbs are so sore and my bbt has been elevated since june. I've read posts online in the past few weeks where they kept getting neg. test results and then at like 12 weeks and one at 4 months found out their intuition was right they were indeed pregnant. So, what shouls i belive? i really need advice here plz!!! I cant find a dr that will do any form of an u/s til my urine comes back pos.... plz tell me what you all would do
August 22nd, 2012, 04:48 PM
@SoMuddledUp wait until you are at least 2 weeks late then make an appointment at the health department in your area for a pregnancy test. There they will have you fill out paper work ask you if you are at least 2 weeks late and pregnancy test you. From there on they will tell you what to do if the test turns out positive and answer any questions you have and maybe ask you a few questions. Make sure that you can tell them the first day of your last menstrual cycle.
August 22nd, 2012, 05:12 PM
I am currently some what in the same boat. I used to have regular 32 day cycles at the beginning of the year. I ended up pregnant in February and didn't know it because the pregnancy tests were coming up negative. I only found out because i went to my regular doctor for abnormal bleeding and thats when i found out that i was pregnant which was april 2. I ended up losing the baby about 2 weeks later on April 13 to a ruptured tubal pregnancy. Since my surgery to remove my ruptured tube, i have been having on the dot 40 day cycles except for this month. I was supposed to start my period on monday Aug 20 and have yet to start it. I took a pregnancy test this morning thinking that just maybe i might be pregnant but of course it comes out negative. I all of a sudden starting getting weird period like cramps and that feeling you get down there when you start but i go to the bathroom and nothing. sorry if TMI... so now im wondering if i should hold out for at least a week before going to my ob doctor or if i should just call and make the appt. to get checked out. Im just scared of the response because part of me feels and wants this to be a pregnancy but the other part of me is doubtful.

my hubby and i have been trying to get pregnant for 6 years and when it finally happened we were so happy with joy and then to lose the baby 2 weeks later was awful. Im afraid of getting my hopes up and then it being a huge let down.

any advice is appreciated and thanks for listening ladies!
August 22nd, 2012, 06:59 PM
@SoMuddledUp Wait until you are at least 2 weeks late then make an appointment at your local health department. Make sure you can tell them the 1st day of your last menstrual cycle. They will have you fill out paper work then wait. They will call you back and have you pee in a cup so they can tell if you are pregnant. If you are they will ask you questions like "are you on any medications?" and stuff like that. Then they will answer any of your questions and they will tell you what to do next which will be contact your local ob clinic and make an appointment with the nurse practitioner.
August 22nd, 2012, 11:47 PM
Don't worry.You'd better go to hospital for a check.
August 23rd, 2012, 03:52 PM
I am 2 weeks late today. Been getting sharp pains in my back today and just feeling under the weather. I went to zumba today to keep my mind of things and when i came back there was brown discharge when I wiped only what I can discribe as what you'd find at the end of your period but its gone now. I think I'm going to wait 2 more weeks and see if I come on next month, if not its a trip to the doctors for me...
August 28th, 2012, 12:17 AM
So I am 1 week late and am having several early pregnancy symptoms. (Tiredness, strange dreams, headaches, etc.) I've taken three home pregnancy tests and they've all said negative. Any suggestions? Update on my situation... My period just wanted to be late this month but I did get it

Last edited by Mrs.Burns; August 29th, 2012 at 05:16 PM. Reason: update
August 28th, 2012, 07:29 AM
I am so happy to read I am not the only one. I am so confused. I was suppose to get my period on August 17th, I took two tests but they are negative. I have what I think are symptoms but now I am so confused bc I don't know if I am really having period or pregnany symptoms. The month is almost over should I wait until Septemeber to call a doctor or take another test. Problem is if I am not what the heck is the cause of it being so late?? I am super confused.
August 29th, 2012, 02:30 PM
I am 28 years old and my period is 2 weeks late. And now here it is August 28, 2012 and with 2 days left in this month I still have not seen my period. I took a pregnacy test at home but it was negative. Could I still be pregnant?
August 31st, 2012, 11:25 PM
I am 3, almost 4, weeks late... I haven't been stressed not have I changed my diet or have caused anything for my Ph levels to be low. My cycle is around 35 days and my home 2 pregnancy tests were negative. I need opinions :/
September 1st, 2012, 06:04 PM
Hello! I want to share my story!

I was 58 days late and all pregnancy test came up negative (yes, I took a ton of hpt!). My doctor did blood work and everything was fine. There was a small cyst found during an ultrasound, but my doctor didn't think that was causing the irregular period. On major change had changed from my first baby 2.5. years prior to that point: my weight. I am currently working to loose 25-30 pounds so that my body will be ready for baby #2. My period actually came on day 60 with out the use of provera (my doctor had just prescribed it the previous day) My doctor has also suggested that I take metformin to help with ovulation and balance out my glucose/sugar level. There could also be a bit of PCOS going on too, but I am going to work on weight and stress level.

So, if you're late and the hpt are negative, please see a doctor to see what's going on!
September 2nd, 2012, 12:19 PM
hi. i just signed up today to ask this question. i am 31, two weeks late as well but i never missed a period in my life. i had sexual contact (no penetration though) on july 19th and had my normal period around 3-4 days later. i travelled 2 weeks after that for a couple of weeks and i read that travel or jetlag could cause period delays. i was outside the country i live in (+5 hours time zone diff) when i was expecting my period. i had just a little bleeding around the day i was expecting my period and i thought it started but it suddenly stopped the same day. i know there is very little probability that i could get pregnant but it's not entirely impossible isn't it? i did take an hpt and it came out negative. i'm now waiting another week to test again.

i've been feeling a bit nauseous and there's been egg yolk-like vaginal discharge from the past couple of weeks. i've also been feeling pain in my lower right abdomen and have headaches every now and then. i don't vomit/feel like vomiting but i feel like i want to gag after eating sometimes and feel bloated.

the only thing that keeps me from going to the doctor is that i am currently living in the middle east and getting pregnant outside marriage here could land me in jail. if i only hadn't missed a period i'd go to the doctor in a heartbeat. i don't mind getting pregnant because i could choose to quit my job and leave the country to have my baby but i'm more concerned that i have some infection or illness that i couldn't identify because i can't have a medical check up.

i can't really fly home to get checked because i just got back from a vacation two weeks ago. i might be able to have another vacation (if the boss allows it) at the end of october. do you think it's safe to wait that long?

how possible is it that i'm pregnant? if so, should i risk a visit to the doctor? please help me
September 4th, 2012, 11:32 PM
hi,am 1 boy mother n my last period was aug 3,2012 n my husband came in aug 21,22,23,...n my due period was 31 but still not get period n any symptoms of period but feeling little bit pain in stomach and vomitting sensuation,so is this symptoms of pregnency
September 5th, 2012, 12:07 AM
hi,am 1 boy mother n planning for 2 child n my last period was aug 3, 2012 n still not get period n i tested but it shows negative.
please help me ..
September 6th, 2012, 05:44 PM
i just made a account i have a question, ive been on the birth control pill, but i recently stopped to have my period and it hasn't came im about two weeks late but the first few days i took two tests and they both came up negative the last time i was sexually active was two to three weeks ago. is it possible i could be pregnant?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search