Period's late, but negative home pregnancy test: Could I be pregnant?

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 6th, 2012, 09:43 AM
I need help i was sopposed to start my period on the 26th of september it is now the 6th of october i took a pregnancy test and it came out negative...should i wait a lil longer to see if my period might come...please this has never happened to me
zmin likes this.
October 16th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Hi there mummys, i need help, my last period started 17th sept and i have been ttc and on the 7th-8th oct i had like weird browny gunky discharge that was only there when i wiped (sorry tmi) then i was due on yesterday (15th oct) and im never late always bang on 28th day but i have no sign that im going to come on. ive had symptoms like a lil cramping on and off during the month, mood swings, very tired, very hungry then not wanting food and getting insomnia back. the tests ive taken are still negitive but can i still be preg? when can i see my dr for a blood test preg test? thanks x
zmin likes this.
October 18th, 2012, 12:01 AM
Can anyone help me? I miss my period in June and July. I took a test but it came back negitive. I went to the doctor and in August my period came back on. Now it happen again my last period was in August and I took a test this month (Oct.18) and it still say I am not pregnant. Can someone tell me what can be causing this or what?
zmin likes this.
October 18th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Hi i'm new to the site. 2year ago now i had my little girl, but before i found out i was pregnant,i had a light spotting of blood and that was it i took 2tests at 4th day late and took one 5th day late then took one on the 6th and said postive. Now i stopped my pill 2months ago and had 2 29day cycles.even thought when i was on my pill i was 28day cycle. And was suppose to have my period on the 12th of October and now i'm a Week late. I have done 2 tests one on the 3rd day late and one on the 5th day late and both negative and the one on the 5th day was a clearblue digital. I have doctors tomorrow but i hate to think its going to be another negative. But me and my partner had intercouse on the 11day of my cycle and then lefted it one day and then done it on the 13th then so on to the 16th day. I have nipples like bullet tops lol and had a few little pain in my belly and down below. And been hungray and eating big portions. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME.
zmin likes this.
October 23rd, 2012, 04:54 PM
Hello everyone! Lmp 9/27/12 ttc on 10/10/12 my cycle is 25 days. I started to feel cramps soon after ttc and have had severe tiredness lower back cramps with the exception of breast tenderness. 3 hpt all negative, could I be pregnant?? I know my body but tests are negative!!!
zmin likes this.
October 25th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Hi
Wondering if someone can help
I had unprotected sex about ten weeks ago and two weeks after I started getting pregnancy symptoms or implantation symptoms as they say, nausea,back ach. Tiredness and abdominal pain which lasted a week and a half then stopped, I was 5 days late for my period which came but wasn't normal i normally have it for 5 days but only lasted three and it wasn't normal but took a test and was negative! Then a week or two after I started getting really bad lower abdiminal pain for about a week then a little light spitting but again anourher negative test! Has sore nipples for about two weeks which I never get only ever got it when was pregnant with my first also whit pinky spots around my nipples, but then no pregant symptoms till this last week, I feel so tired all the time which isn't normal for me! I feel nausea of certain foods, I was ment to get my period again on the 16th but it's not the 25th and still no sign! I don't even feel like I'm going to come on when normally I do! Also have been feeling baby kicks in my tummy and flips, I only ever felt this feeling when I was pregnant with my first so I know it's not just gas cause it certainly doesn't feel like gas at all :s took a test today but was negative!

H x
November 1st, 2012, 10:56 AM
Hi!! I've been taking the pill forever, but I stopped two or three months ago. When I don't take the pill, my cycle is usually 25 - 27 days long. It's now been 29 days since I had my period. I know my body really well, and I know when I was ovulating. My boyfriend and I had sex without protection virtually every day of that week. For the last ten days or so, I've had sore, swollen breasts, headaches, nausea, dizziness, some cramping, increased sensitivity to smells, darker areoles,, moodiness and irritability beyond belief, as well as low back pain, and crying spells...virtually every early pregnancy symptom. I took a hpt yesterday and it was negative. I've never been pregnant or missed a period, but I don't feel any of my usual pre-period symptoms. Could I be pregnant? Please help!!
zmin likes this.
November 10th, 2012, 11:30 AM
I had intercourse on the 21st of Oct. which was also my ovulation date too and I haven't had my period yet I was supposed to start on the the 5th of Nov. I have mourning sickness,tender breasts and cramps and all the home pregnancy tests says I'm not pregnant could it be too early or what could I do?
November 19th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Hey guys same problem over here. I'm 26 days late and all I want to do is sleep. I finally took a hpt today and of course it came back negative. My last period was on Sept 26 and it ended Oct 1 and that's my regular cycle. I've spotted for a total of 9 days from then until now but the days had gaps in them. I've never been pregnant before but my sister has 2 kids and is claiming the "mothers just know" theory on me so of course that has me rattled up. The only other symptom I have is the breast tenderness and they itch like crazy and I so don't want to talk about the swelling. I'm 230 lbs solid and haven't gained or lost any weight in a 3 month period so I don't see why my breasts would be getting bigger. I've gotten advice from several different mothers and of course nothing they have to say completely matches up with me so in their opinion I'm 75% pregnant 20% stressed out and 5% dying. Please tell me someone else is going through this!!!!
zmin likes this.
November 30th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Hey I am 18 years old. February I had a miscarriage at 3 months and ever since then I have had my period right on point either the 27th of the months or really early on the 28th. I had unprotected sex 2 times this month with the same guy one the first week of the month and the second time was about 2 weeks ago. I am technically 4 days late tomorrow and I tested negative on a home test. I dont feel any symptoms of a period coming along. Yesterday I ate dinner and about 5 minutes later my mouth got water and felt queezy and i spit up and gagged. I have a little white creamy discharge mark on my panties (very very little). Could I be pregnant again? I also sometimes get little chest pains and I am always very tired
December 2nd, 2012, 10:20 PM
Im just confused and wanted to know what you ladies think.
I last had my period was Oct 15-20, normally right on time or a few days early,
always 4-5 days long full periods. So I shouldve started my period Nov 8 and today. (25 days between)... Which makes me 25 days late.
I had unprotected sex Oct 27,28,31, Nov 1,5,8,14.
I had light spotting on Nov 4,5,10,19 and 20th but it was barely anything, and dark. Also during the Oct-Nov BC pack I missed...quite alot of them, took them way late, found one on the floor from who knows when. I had bad cramps for like 2 hours one day and thought I was going to start my period and nothing came?
I took a 6 home tests and 1 at Planned Parenthood (Nov 16,18,21,23,26,29 and today 12/2)
...all negative of course. Im supposed to start today, and nothing came.

The symtoms Ive had is: the one day of cramping, Nausea (like everytime I eat pretty much and in the morning)- Ive only puked foam(stomach acid)? a few times one day, my emotions have been crazy- crying for no reason or mad, Ive been waking up alot at night which I never used to do, WAY more tired, more frequent urination, breasts are sore, the line from my belly button down has gotten darker?(my friend noticed that and said it was a sign) and I've been more hungry but eating less due to feeling like im going to vomit so I eat a small amount. I normally dont feel super awesome in the morning either. So idk whats going on, just wondering if anyone has waited that long for their positive to show. Its just irritating because Im starting to think I just might be sick or something worse. Like I want to hold on with drinking alchohol because I feel bad and I know it wont mess anything up in the beginning but Im not sure for how long.. and since its been a month.. its kind of.. mind boggleing.

So did you have a long period of time that you were getting negatives and then FINALLY gotten a positive.

Oh and I was using EPT early responce btw.
December 22nd, 2012, 01:00 AM
I just recently had a miscarriage, and after about a month, my partner and I were using protection and it broke. Since then, I have been experiencing sore breasts, nausea, cramping, fatigue, headaches, back pain, abdominal pain, mood swings, frequently urinating, etc. I have taken 3 pregnancy tests, all have come back negative. I just recently started spotting, first it was light pink and brown, now it's just dark brown. Its been going on for about 2-3 days now, I should have had my period about 2 weeks ago, but still getting a negative test. Been to the doctor's twice just for check ups, but both times when I asked, they said it was too early. I'm currently in another country right now on vacation, but after reading forums, I'm so scared I might have another miscarriage, am pregnant and not know, or am experiencing an ectopic pregnancy. I'm at a loss of what to do and where to go from here. I will not be home for another 3 weeks. Any suggestions? My partner is not with me, and when I speak with him he tells me right off the bat that I'm not pregnant, I'm fine, and that I'm worrying too much. Could any of this be from stress? I would appreciate any help.
December 25th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Need some HELP please.

Ok I had the iud for 3years just go it out on nov 14 2012 i had sex one week before and then again on the 23ed witch was my last day of ovulation.

I am now 1days late and still a BFN.

does anyone one think i could be prago or just off.
December 25th, 2012, 07:05 PM
My period is 15 days late. I have had irregular periods before, but it has never been this long. The end of my last period was november 11. about a week later I had very light bleeding for about three days, but it was brown in color. I did not want to freak myself out looking up what that could be so I just went out and bought a hpt. Which came out neg. So I didn't think anything of it. usually my period is 28 days so when It did not come, or i didnt feel like it was going to come i went out and got another test that also came out neg. I waited another week and still had no sympoms of my period coming. So i called my mom who brought me another test, one of those early detect ones, that also came out neg. It has now been a week sence I took that last test and am too afraid to get dissapointed with another neg.
My boyfriend and I have been trying to concieve, so this is the closest I have been to actually thinking that I might be expecting. i keep having dreams that Im pregnant, and am always thursty, my apitite has changed, but my brests dont feel any different.
has anyone else had this problem? Could i be pregnant?
December 28th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to keepingthefaith76
Hi, I am very confused right now, I usually have pretty regular periods, then last month (November 23rd) I started my period...5 days early, and now its December 28th and I havent started yet, on the 20th of December I spotted once and thats been it, I have taken 2 test and both have been negative(1 just now) and its still negative????? Am I just having an off month and not going to start at all???? I have been having headaches,alittle nausea, bad acne, and a yeast infection, not sure whats going on. I had a HSG test done and they said that one fallopian tube is completely open, but the other they can't tell, but more than likely its open too, the dye just went for the most least resistant path, anyway, not sure what to think right now, any suggestions will be greatly appriciated, thanks....keepingthefaith76!
December 29th, 2012, 11:20 PM
I am about 22 days late and have had 6 neg test. I don't know what is going on. My last period was nov 7,2012 it only lasted 3 days and was very light and that is not normal for me at all, I have even late before but just not this late. And it was weird because on nov 22,2012 I got a yeast infection just out of the blue, I have been noticing that I am very moody and tired all the time, miss you boobs have gotten bigger and the hurt and itch, I have been getting heart burn alot anymore. And one of my boobs is leaking something white. Sorry for the tmi but I'm so confused could I be pregnant?
January 7th, 2013, 05:56 AM
Okay so I have a question I hope anyone can help me out. So mid October I had a miscarriage & my bleeding stopped almost end of October. I got my period November 14 lasted the 7 days then got my period again December 1 lasted about 12 days after the 6th day it was light but I kept bleeding & havnt gotten my period since. I've had unprotected sex with my boyfriend, & I'm just a little worried cuz I'm not sure if my period is just not normal yet? Or could I be pregnant again? I took a pregnancy test last week & was negative took another one yesterday negative. I've been having cramps & discharge I feel like I'm about to get my period or I don't know if they're signs of being pregnant ?? It was my first pregnancy so I really have no clue what it could be? Any idea??
January 31st, 2013, 04:08 PM
PLEASE i need help i am so confused and terrified
OK so heres the beginning, its currently february 1st. I am 17, and havent had sex since august. i am on birth control, and i always use condoms (iv only ever had sex 3 times, and when i did have sex in august, he didnt ejaculate inside me) The month of January i went of birth control because i was feeling nauseas (i have sugar metaboism issues, not morning sickness or anything). Anyways, i went to get a urine test at my doctors because my mom thought i had a bladder infection and i get a call from my doctor today telling me im pregnant, which is what they found in my urine. i almost passed out i was so terrified, so i booked a blood test for next week to confirm, and i went out and purchased 2 at home pregnancy tests, both of which came out negative. i am so confused, i havent had sex since august how woul di be pregnant?? If that were the case, i would be 6 months! i got my period august to december, the only month i am late on is january and its only february 1st, and of course i didnt think anything of i tbecause i havent had sex, and because im off the pill this month so i would figure it would be irregular
Im just so worried and confused i dont know what to do I currently have cramps, which im assuming are period cramps but i dont know. please give imput, has anything similar happened to you?
zmin likes this.
February 1st, 2013, 01:46 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Came to approve a bunch of posts and just want to say a lot of you ladies might benefit from posting your questions on the Am I Pregnant board.
zmin likes this.

February 4th, 2013, 01:49 PM
im 22 years old on march 9th this year and me and my new husband have been trying for 2 months my period was due on the 27th of january it is now the 4th of febuary and still no sign of it i am not normally late at least not by this much i have taken 2 home pregnancy tests and both negative what do i do?
zmin likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search