Period's late, but negative home pregnancy test: Could I be pregnant?

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2013, 06:42 AM
i got married on december 7th 2012 and me and my husband have been "trying" to get pregnant but it was more of a if it happens it happens then actually trying at the moment i am 11 days late on my period ive taken 3 home pregnancy tests at various times during the day ive followed the instructions correctly and still they were all negative im totally confused surely with me being 10 days late they should be able to tell by now? im never normally late on my period maybe a day or 2 at most! dont know what to think now any advice?
zmin likes this.
February 13th, 2013, 09:46 AM
I have been tracking my menstrual cycle for the past few months and they have been as follow.
Sept 11 2012 29
Oct 9 2012 30
Nov 2 2012 33
Dec 10 2012 32
Jan 9 2013 i noticed I was spotting late the night bef. 31

155/5= 31
So may average cicle day is 31
Today is Feb 13 and I have not had my period. it's officially 4 days late. Im on day 35. I have taken 2 test, one on day 3 neg. and figuered I would wait for the morning urine to take the next text and still Neg. I did feel some stomach pain like when I'm getting my periot but nothing happend, I also felt some nipple sore but nothing yet. I have one test left and don't want to use it untill another 2 days. That's if i can wait. I'm a mother of 2 and have been really trying for my 3rd which I never thought I was going to see myself going thru this. with my 2 babis i got possitive 3 before. I have read a few storys that really keeps me going but others are no more than the cycle playing games. * I will update every day untill I get my period or a possitive result.. Wish me luck.

February 14th, 2013, 07:07 AM
I so understand what you are going thru..at this point why dont you make an appoitment with your Dr. for a blood test... I;m def waiting to be 10 days after to go and see my Dr. good luck , keep us posted..
February 14th, 2013, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon View Post
PLEASE i need help i am so confused and terrified
OK so heres the beginning, its currently february 1st. I am 17, and havent had sex since august. i am on birth control, and i always use condoms (iv only ever had sex 3 times, and when i did have sex in august, he didnt ejaculate inside me) The month of January i went of birth control because i was feeling nauseas (i have sugar metaboism issues, not morning sickness or anything). Anyways, i went to get a urine test at my doctors because my mom thought i had a bladder infection and i get a call from my doctor today telling me im pregnant, which is what they found in my urine. i almost passed out i was so terrified, so i booked a blood test for next week to confirm, and i went out and purchased 2 at home pregnancy tests, both of which came out negative. i am so confused, i havent had sex since august how woul di be pregnant?? If that were the case, i would be 6 months! i got my period august to december, the only month i am late on is january and its only february 1st, and of course i didnt think anything of i tbecause i havent had sex, and because im off the pill this month so i would figure it would be irregular
Im just so worried and confused i dont know what to do I currently have cramps, which im assuming are period cramps but i dont know. please give imput, has anything similar happened to you?
I think you should get a blood test. it makes no sense that you are 6 months preggo.. I think you would know by now... Good luck
February 14th, 2013, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mummytoKeira View Post
Hi there mummys, i need help, my last period started 17th sept and i have been ttc and on the 7th-8th oct i had like weird browny gunky discharge that was only there when i wiped (sorry tmi) then i was due on yesterday (15th oct) and im never late always bang on 28th day but i have no sign that im going to come on. ive had symptoms like a lil cramping on and off during the month, mood swings, very tired, very hungry then not wanting food and getting insomnia back. the tests ive taken are still negitive but can i still be preg? when can i see my dr for a blood test preg test? thanks x
you can go when ever you want for a blood test.. u should wait a few days to have a 100% results.. good luck
February 14th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by H_redstar View Post
Hi
Wondering if someone can help
I had unprotected sex about ten weeks ago and two weeks after I started getting pregnancy symptoms or implantation symptoms as they say, nausea,back ach. Tiredness and abdominal pain which lasted a week and a half then stopped, I was 5 days late for my period which came but wasn't normal i normally have it for 5 days but only lasted three and it wasn't normal but took a test and was negative! Then a week or two after I started getting really bad lower abdiminal pain for about a week then a little light spitting but again anourher negative test! Has sore nipples for about two weeks which I never get only ever got it when was pregnant with my first also whit pinky spots around my nipples, but then no pregant symptoms till this last week, I feel so tired all the time which isn't normal for me! I feel nausea of certain foods, I was ment to get my period again on the 16th but it's not the 25th and still no sign! I don't even feel like I'm going to come on when normally I do! Also have been feeling baby kicks in my tummy and flips, I only ever felt this feeling when I was pregnant with my first so I know it's not just gas cause it certainly doesn't feel like gas at all :s took a test today but was negative!

H x
go and have a blood test done.. Im waitng 3 more days before I go and see the Dr.
Good luck
February 15th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmin View Post
I have been tracking my menstrual cycle for the past few months and they have been as follow.
Sept 11 2012 29
Oct 9 2012 30
Nov 2 2012 33
Dec 10 2012 32
Jan 9 2013 i noticed I was spotting late the night bef. 31

155/5= 31
So may average cicle day is 31
Today is Feb 13 and I have not had my period. it's officially 4 days late. Im on day 35. I have taken 2 test, one on day 3 neg. and figuered I would wait for the morning urine to take the next text and still Neg. I did feel some stomach pain like when I'm getting my periot but nothing happend, I also felt some nipple sore but nothing yet. I have one test left and don't want to use it untill another 2 days. That's if i can wait. I'm a mother of 2 and have been really trying for my 3rd which I never thought I was going to see myself going thru this. with my 2 babis i got possitive 3 before. I have read a few storys that really keeps me going but others are no more than the cycle playing games. * I will update every day untill I get my period or a possitive result.. Wish me luck.
Update......
On my 36 day cycle ( 5 days late ) I did another hpt and it was -. Very dissapointed. Go to work and after using the bathroom I see a light pink spotting... More dissapointed...

What can I say my cycle is playing games on me...

April 10th, 2013, 12:56 AM
Hello everyone! So my boyfriend and do not use condoms but use the "pull out method" and I have not have my period yet and it was supposed to begin on the 7th. I haven't had any pregnancy symptoms besides headaches and nausea here and there. And I took a pregnancy test yesterday and it was negative. Could it be possible that I am pregnant even though I don't have symptoms?
April 10th, 2013, 12:58 AM
Hello everyone! So my boyfriend and do not use condoms but use the "pull out method" and I have not have my period yet and it was supposed to begin on the 7th. I haven't had any pregnancy symptoms besides headaches and nausea here and there. And I took a pregnancy test yesterday and it was negative. Could it be possible that I am pregnant even though I don't have symptoms?
April 10th, 2013, 03:10 AM
May 2nd, 2013, 05:56 AM
I am trying to get pregnant with my second child. I have been regular ever since I had my son. I keep getting negative tests, but I have missed my period. Could i still pregnant? Got all the symptoms of pregnancy minus the nausea. I got back ache, headaches, darkening of the nipples, my appetite has changed some, dizziness at times.
July 27th, 2013, 07:23 AM
Okay me and my boyfriend don't use condoms and my last period was June 28th my period before that was 29 days so I counted 29 days. I was suppose to starts period on the July 26. I took a test it was negative I have no symptoms so is it possible that my period is still going to come?? I bought the test a few months ago so could the test be old? I'm confused. Usually my boobs hurt up to the day my period comes and a few days after but this month they didn't. Should I just go to a doctor? If my period doesn't come by the 31st?
September 4th, 2013, 05:07 PM
I'm so confused if I'm pregnant or not. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for a year and a half, and haven't had any luck. We both have been told we had low to no chance in having children, and that's been years ago. I have had crazy period cycles, but the last two years my period has been every month. I was expecting my period around Aug 6, 2013, and it's now Sep 4 and I haven't had it. I've been having cramping in my lower tummy, back aches, sneezing a lot(I do not sneeze often and lately it's been a lot), thirsty for water, hard time sleeping at night, hot flashes, this may be a lot of information but my nipples had a little bit of liquid coming out today(I've never experienced this before) and they just became sore the last few days, I'm EXTREMELY gassy, and that's about it. I've taken 3 pregnancy tests in the last two weeks, and the tests all came back negative. My husband thinks I'm pregnant, but I don't want to get my hopes up. Any thoughts???
September 5th, 2013, 09:00 AM
I'm so confused if I'm pregnant or not. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for a year and a half, and haven't had any luck. We both have been told we had low to no chance in having children, and that's been years ago. I have had crazy period cycles, but the last two years my period has been every month. I was expecting my period around Aug 6, 2013, and it's now Sep 4 and I haven't had it. I've been having cramping in my lower tummy, back aches, sneezing a lot(I do not sneeze often and lately it's been a lot), thirsty for water, hard time sleeping at night, hot flashes, this may be a lot of information but my nipples had a little bit of liquid coming out today(I've never experienced this before) and they just became sore the last few days, I'm EXTREMELY gassy, and that's about it. I've taken 3 pregnancy tests in the last two weeks, and the tests all came back negative. My husband thinks I'm pregnant, but I don't want to get my hopes up. Any thoughts???
September 20th, 2013, 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabug View Post
Im just confused and wanted to know what you ladies think.
I last had my period was Oct 15-20, normally right on time or a few days early,
always 4-5 days long full periods. So I shouldve started my period Nov 8 and today. (25 days between)... Which makes me 25 days late.
I had unprotected sex Oct 27,28,31, Nov 1,5,8,14.
I had light spotting on Nov 4,5,10,19 and 20th but it was barely anything, and dark. Also during the Oct-Nov BC pack I missed...quite alot of them, took them way late, found one on the floor from who knows when. I had bad cramps for like 2 hours one day and thought I was going to start my period and nothing came?
I took a 6 home tests and 1 at Planned Parenthood (Nov 16,18,21,23,26,29 and today 12/2)
...all negative of course. Im supposed to start today, and nothing came.

The symtoms Ive had is: the one day of cramping, Nausea (like everytime I eat pretty much and in the morning)- Ive only puked foam(stomach acid)? a few times one day, my emotions have been crazy- crying for no reason or mad, Ive been waking up alot at night which I never used to do, WAY more tired, more frequent urination, breasts are sore, the line from my belly button down has gotten darker?(my friend noticed that and said it was a sign) and I've been more hungry but eating less due to feeling like im going to vomit so I eat a small amount. I normally dont feel super awesome in the morning either. So idk whats going on, just wondering if anyone has waited that long for their positive to show. Its just irritating because Im starting to think I just might be sick or something worse. Like I want to hold on with drinking alchohol because I feel bad and I know it wont mess anything up in the beginning but Im not sure for how long.. and since its been a month.. its kind of.. mind boggleing.

So did you have a long period of time that you were getting negatives and then FINALLY gotten a positive.

Oh and I was using EPT early responce btw.

I am going through the exact same thing.! Except I was not spotting for that long please let me know ASAP what you found out.!!
January 15th, 2014, 06:35 AM
I'm over a week late for my menstrual cycle (which never happens), I'm fatigued and my breasts and especially nipples have never been so sore in my life. They are so sensitive that I can't lay on my stomach and it hurts so bad for anything to touch them. So far, two HPTs have come back negative. Not sure what's going on with my body. Will update.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search