Period's late, but negative home pregnancy test: Could I be pregnant?

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 24th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Hi Everyone. I am New to this site.
I stopped my birth control pills in November. I have been testing my ovulation for over 1month now and never came up fertile. I was supposed to have my period Jan.14, i have never been irregular or missed a period. I don't really feel any symptoms except; bloating, can't sleep on my stomach, peeing a lot. I took 2 home preg. tests and both were Negative. Could I possibly be pregnant? I'm not sure if its too soon to call my Dr for a blood pregnancy test. The unknown is driving me insane. I need some advice. PLEASE!!
January 30th, 2010, 05:06 AM
Hi ladies, I hope yous can help me!!
I'll be honest, im not the greatest with recording the date of my period so im very confused how late I am. I basically had my period over christmas and was finished before new year. Its now the 30th Jan and ive no period. Im always regular and have never missed a period before. I am experiencing smyptoms like cramping, sore back, really tired and feeling very emotional. Its like pms but not to the extent or as sore as i would get it before my period. Im really worried, ive done a preg test and it was negative. Can anyone advise me plz?? Could i be pregnant?? Also, i take levothyroxine tablets for under active thyroid, could that affect it? tnx xx

Last edited by kimcat; January 30th, 2010 at 05:15 AM.
March 5th, 2010, 11:51 PM
Hey everyone i just signed up for this website today because i am really unsure if i am pregnant or not. I would first like to share with everyone that my name is Dayna and alot of my friends call me dee. I am a week away from being 2 months late for my period and i have taken many at home test that say negative. Although i feel that i am having many symtyoms of pregnancy. My breasts including my nipples are very sore it hurts to even put a bra on everyday. I have been so tired lately and usually i am up all night but i find myself in bed before midnight or taking naps. The other day i was worried because i had some blood in my urine and i wasnt sure if that could be related to it or not. I know that i do not have a UTI because i have no symtoms like i normally would. My stomach has become really hard. Also my lower stomach looks like it has grown and i have that bad indentation near my hips surrounding my belly. I am a very skinny girl and have never had a belly that stuck out. Now i can see that my stomach looks really different than normal and i just have this feeling i am pregnant. I do not have health insurance at the moment and i am unsure if i can go to my local health center and get a blood test.
March 8th, 2010, 10:58 AM
MamaLacey's Avatar Mama of two boys & TTC #3
Send a message via AIM to MamaLacey Send a message via Yahoo to MamaLacey
This article is very helpful! Hubby & I are TTC #3 right now, and this was my first month charting, etc. Hoping for a BFP this month!
March 8th, 2010, 11:05 AM
ragmama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great article! It's unfair how our bodies can play games with us when we're TTC. I had a negative at 15dpo with my first daughter...and with my second, I had two different brands tell me two different things on the same day. UGH!! Good luck, everyone!
March 8th, 2010, 11:16 AM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had never heard that about ectopics before... I am off to go find more research on this! great article!
March 17th, 2010, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee03 View Post
Hey everyone i just signed up for this website today because i am really unsure if i am pregnant or not. I would first like to share with everyone that my name is Dayna and alot of my friends call me dee. I am a week away from being 2 months late for my period and i have taken many at home test that say negative. Although i feel that i am having many symtyoms of pregnancy. My breasts including my nipples are very sore it hurts to even put a bra on everyday. I have been so tired lately and usually i am up all night but i find myself in bed before midnight or taking naps. The other day i was worried because i had some blood in my urine and i wasnt sure if that could be related to it or not. I know that i do not have a UTI because i have no symtoms like i normally would. My stomach has become really hard. Also my lower stomach looks like it has grown and i have that bad indentation near my hips surrounding my belly. I am a very skinny girl and have never had a belly that stuck out. Now i can see that my stomach looks really different than normal and i just have this feeling i am pregnant. I do not have health insurance at the moment and i am unsure if i can go to my local health center and get a blood test.

If you were able to take a blood test with no health insurance let me know because i was wanting to do that too. im 2 weeks late and im still getting negative tests
March 22nd, 2010, 05:05 PM
My period usually comes around the beginning of the second week of the month but here we are at the end of the month and I still haven't got my period, my husband and I started trying to have a baby on the 6th of this month and really want to have another baby but I don't know if I'm pregnant but I haven't got my period and negative pegnancy tests! It's driving me crazy am I pregnant or not? I've taken about 6 tests but I'm going to the Dr tomorrow I'm going to have her do a blood test.
March 23rd, 2010, 09:56 PM
hi...
my last period was on the 28th of february.
I had sex on the 13 of march and the condom ripped and i took the next choice pill 35 hours after unprotected sex and then forgot to take the second pill 12 hours later and took it 36 hours later.. i took i pregnancy test today the 23 of march and it make out negative..im expecting my period on the 28 or 31
please help!!

thanks
March 26th, 2010, 07:53 AM
My LMP was January 11th. That would make me 10 weeks and 4 days. I kept getting negative HPTs and i knew i was pregnant. I even went for a blood test 4 days ago and it was too negative. Today though, I got a positive so i took 4 more tests.. all positive. It took 10 weeks to show up for me! If you believe you are, don't give up. A positive test will come out sometime.
March 27th, 2010, 07:02 AM
Hello, I had my period on Feb. 21, and had sex with my husband on Feb 23. It is March 27, and I still dont have my period. I had done a test and it showed negative. Yesterday I did notice a little brownish blood, and used a tampon, but when I got ready to change it , there was just a few little stains on the tampon, and no blood since then. Is this NORMAL? Should I test again??
March 29th, 2010, 12:37 PM
my last period started sometime between january 12th and 16th, which means i'm about 7 weeks late. i've taken two home tests, one on march 20th and one march 28th, both came out negative. i'm confused because i've been getting symptoms, im healthy, and nothing has changed (diet, stress levels, sleep, physical activity, etc.). i spotted a little less than two weeks after my first missed period which only lasted 3 days; i bled for a couple hours at a time then it went away for about 8-12 hours. what could be causing this?

i havent gone to the doctors yet but if i cant find any useful suggestions i'm going to make an appointment for sometime within the next couple weeks.

if you think you have any helpful suggestions please email me and let me know. thanks.
gatorsgirl592xo@aim.com
March 31st, 2010, 12:06 PM
Well i had a pregnancy test in feb and came back negative...thia month my breast started leaking colostrum ( i think)now im afraid to take blood test because ive been drinkin and using narcotics fro rheumatoid arthritis! what do i do?
March 31st, 2010, 10:00 PM
I have taken two tests, one in which I messed up because I've never used it before(the stick pee), and the other one I took came out negative. I usually get my period around the second to last week of the month and have not had it. Really don't want to wait another week to retest, but I don't have any other choice but to. I'm not having any pregnancy symptoms at all. Being that I already have two children and would know if there was something going on. I'm stressed out all the time, but I highly doubt its taking any effect on my body right now and hasnt before. Can anyone help with any refferals to wat I should do? Been to at least 10 websites for answers nothing that I've alreasy heard or done comes up.
April 8th, 2010, 03:20 AM
hey all, i'm avin the same problem, i am on the pill...or i was, the thing is, i was on my 1 week brk when i didnt come on my period, i am neva late nd normally come on within a few days, i took 2 tests which were neg, then 2 weeks later took another which came out with a pale faint line, after tht ive had 4 neg test nd went to docs there test ws neg too, but im getting all the signs of pregnancy, i.e sore breast, sickness, tiredness, cramping, contant needing a wee, i dont know wat to do, ive sent sample in to the hosp but i feel like this is gonna be neg too, i feel preg as ive got 3 kids already, help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! has anyone gone thru this, or ad neg results all the time nd etopic can tht be true??? im missin my second period now too so am 5 weeks late
April 8th, 2010, 09:05 AM
I am 5 days late, I have been cramping for 7(this is odd for me, I usually don't cramp until the day I start). I went to a planned parenthood yesturday for a free test. It was one of those little paper strips so I don't know how soon that kind detects. It came back negative. Shoulds I try an at home test? And what's with the cramping, is that a bad sign? Any suggestions?
April 12th, 2010, 09:58 AM
hello everyone. i got my last period on feb 20 and ended at feb 26. my husband got home on feb 28. we had our contact and he went back to his assignment on mar 3. i had a bleeding on mar.8-9. it didnt last long. and only used one pad. i wondered why it happened. and my husband went home again on mar 11th, and got back to work on april 3. didnt i suppose to have my period on april 20th or before end of march?i have had pregnancy tests at home for 4x already until now since mar 25 but always got negative results. i have this lower back pain, and there was a time i had a very bad headache for several consecutive days. i also experienced cramping and nausea but without vomit. i always feel tired. many discharges too. i feel i have my body's temperature increased for a few days now. what does it mean? im really confused now.
i need your help.thank you and God bless everyone!
April 15th, 2010, 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bemomma View Post
I am 5 days late, I have been cramping for 7(this is odd for me, I usually don't cramp until the day I start). I went to a planned parenthood yesturday for a free test. It was one of those little paper strips so I don't know how soon that kind detects. It came back negative. S houlds I try an at home test? And what's with the cramping, is that a bad sign? Any suggestions?
I'm actually in the same situation. I'm not getting my hopes up but I normally cramp the first and second day and I've been cramping for an entire week with no period aswell, not to mention my breasts have been abnormally painful. Like she asked, is the cramping a bad thing, should I retest? So far I'm just waiting. Any mommies with these experiences?
May 18th, 2010, 05:13 PM
New here. Haven't had time to read through all the posts, but situation is as follows: I have almost 5 year old twin girls, SO and I have been trying to get pregnant for a while, my period is usually every 30 days and I was expecting it on the 12th of May 2010; when it didn't show I of course got super excited and happy, but every test I have taken has been negative . I am offically 6 days late, no AF and really hoping I could still be pregnant. Support needed! Thanks
May 28th, 2010, 12:13 PM
i ovulated on the 20th of may, and i havent had my period yet. I am suppose to get it on the 3rd of june. I am tired, moody, hungry alot of the time, i feel neaseas sometimes and then other times i dont. My lower back hurts sometimes and so do my breast but not all the time. And i have headaches sometimes but not all the time. Could i be pregnant or is it just something else?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search