Period's late, but negative home pregnancy test: Could I be pregnant?

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 31st, 2010, 07:51 AM
ok, i am new to this site, but i was on birth control for 5 years, i got off in September 09, my cycle is not regular, i will get a cycle and it will last longer than usual, but i never missed a cycle..... my last cycle was on April 14th, i have not had a cycle for the month of May.. i took a preg test on May 24th (ten days late) and it was negative, I am now 17 days late...no sign of a cycle.. Could i still be pregnant?
June 3rd, 2010, 01:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahmnorton18 View Post
i ovulated on the 20th of may, and i havent had my period yet. I am suppose to get it on the 3rd of june. I am tired, moody, hungry alot of the time, i feel neaseas sometimes and then other times i dont. My lower back hurts sometimes and so do my breast but not all the time. And i have headaches sometimes but not all the time. Could i be pregnant or is it just something else?
I have the same thing going on with me this month and I think I ovulated on the 20th of May also. I have been wondering if I am worrying too much about what is going on. My husband and I are hoping to have another baby after losing our daughter to heart problems after two months of her being in the hospital. she passed right before her two month birthday.

Last edited by mybunnie; June 3rd, 2010 at 01:45 AM. Reason: mistyped, sorry
June 8th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Idsmith I am in the same boat as you. I am 26 now and have been on birth control since I was 18. I recently got off the pill in February. I had a period in March and April. Last period was April 14th. I have not had one since. I have had 3 negative HPTs. Something odd is I have been having these random, severe headaches that last about 30 minutes. I am also having heavy discharge which is unusual. Other than that...no preg symptoms. Boobs feel normal, etc...I am just feeling a bit tired. I called my gyno and they said to come in if I haven't started by next Wednesday. I will let you know if I find out anything.
June 8th, 2010, 01:40 PM
I'm 21 and I've been on the pill for about 3 yrs. I stopped them last month. And now I'm 3 days late. I'm hoping to be pregnant. I went this morning and did a test but it came back negative. I actually do want to be pregnant. I think it may stillbe too early to say for sure so I'm going to give it one more week. But I have been experiencung a few symptoms headaches, cramping, going to the bathroom more, and extreme fatgiue. I'll let you guys know what happens next week.
June 8th, 2010, 03:44 PM
@Jbee1
please keep me posted, the strange thing is i have the same symptom of the heavy discharge (which is abnormal), i have taken 2 pregnancy test and they all have been negative, my boobs feel the same, just exhausted a little, i called my dr, they prescribed me prometrium to start my cycle, today is my 7th day (out of 10 day prescription) on the pills and my cycle still have not started...
June 13th, 2010, 05:03 PM
hi, im 21 one years old..i've never been on birth control in my life. I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend a month ago and he discharged in me. I had implantation bleeding and early pregnancy symptoms such as sore nipples and breast and im two weeks late on my period. I recently just took a pregnancy test(ANSWER) and it came out negative both test.. am i paranoid or could i still be pregnant?

Last edited by jonae2198; June 13th, 2010 at 05:06 PM.
June 24th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Hello everyone, I too am in the same boat. My fiance and I have recently had unprotected sex and now iam three days late, I have had unusual stomach cramps for almost a week straight, today I realized my nipples are a little sore and not to be gross or funny....lol I have the worst case of gas. Lol. I took two dollar store test which both came back negative but I'm going to test again with a "brand name" in a couple of days. This is unlike anything I have ever felt before...wish me luck..
June 25th, 2010, 01:21 PM
I'm going through something similar. I've missed a period (which is strange because I'm pretty regular), about to miss my second. I took two HPT, which were negative. I've had a Beta Quantitative HCG drawn twice and both were negative. My ob/gyn also had me check my thyroid and prolactin levels, both of which are normal. My FSH and LH were also within normal limits! She says that from my symptoms (fatigue, missed period, nausea, back pain, and painful/swollen breasts) it sounds like i'm pregnant, but all my lab work is showing otherwise! i've started taking prenatal vitamins just in case..
June 28th, 2010, 08:31 AM
This is the situation me and my boyfriend are dealing with now. We miscarried naturally in April and shortly after everything went back to normal. Now I am 2 days late for my second period and 3 tests have said that i'm not pregnant. This is so nerve recking because you want to know more than anything else in the world.
July 12th, 2010, 08:54 PM
For the last year I have had my period on the 5th no later than the 6th. It is now 7 days past that and it still has not come the first test I took was in the middle of the day on day 2 past when I should of started and was in vaild so we went back for another it said it was negative. On day 5 past when I should of started I took another first thing in the morning and it was a test that has a plus sign for postive and a minus sign for negative but when I took this one it came up with a line below where the horizontal line is first and then a second line where the horizontal line is and then the first line faded completely away and the regualar line faded to a light line but stayed. I am not sure what to think about that. Today I took another test because it still has not came I took the test in the middle of the day and it was negative as well but what I am woundering is could I still be pregnant and should I take a test in the morning with the first pee. Has any one else had anything similar and still been pregnant.
July 22nd, 2010, 12:47 AM
Hey, if anyone can help I would really appreciate it! I am 39 years old, my husband has had a vasectomy (10 years ago) and I am having some pregnancy symptoms... I am also 2 weeks late, I think... My last period started on June 10. My cycle has been rather unpredictable lately, but the last two cycles have been 21 days and now it has been 41 days since my last period. So, I'm really not sure what to think. Either I'm pregnant or I must be getting close to menapause... I took 2 pregnancy tests a few days ago and they both came back negative. Has this ever happened to anyone? Help please! I think I might be going crazy or something, but it has me stressed and I can't sleep.
August 11th, 2010, 01:47 PM
My last period was on June 29 2010.. I have taken 4 hpt and all came back negative. First, my breast have been extremly sore! And my aerolas have gotten a lot darker. Then I have been extremely bloated n nauseated. I started to get this sour taste in my mouth and I can not eat anything I used to LOVE pickles I hate them now. I go pee every 30 minuets and two days ago when I wipe there is dark brown blood on the tissue. It's not a lot and it doesn't happen everytime I pee. At night I can't get comfortable on my stomuch because I'm bloated with heartburn and gas. I havent thrown up but I do have diareaha. I'm getting so depressed because I feel like there is something going on with me and I know that all this isn't in my head but my hpt keep coming back negative.!! I have an apt on the 17th I just need to know if this has happened to anyone else. Thanks
Sabrina
August 12th, 2010, 08:21 AM
So did anybody ever find out if they are pregnant? I also had a positive ovulation test and had sex A LOT during that time and now my period is 3 days late. Pregnancy tests have come up negative and I would really like to know!! My doctor is away on holidays and I live in a small town so the only way to get checked is at emergency and I don't want to go there.
August 24th, 2010, 10:22 AM
I am now 12 days late, took about 5 tests (all negative) in the past 11 days.Took two this morning before starting a med prescribed for my doctor to make me start my period and low and behold, both were positive. If you are late and having the symptoms, it's still very possible. Use a good sensitive test every couple of days and good luck!
August 29th, 2010, 10:16 AM
I am 3 days late which never happens and I tested today and was negative. I do have some pregnancy symptoms. I really hope I am pregnant but trying to not get too excited. Any suggestions.
August 29th, 2010, 01:32 PM
My last period was on July 26, 2010 and my cycle was very regular, usually right on the dot.
I was supposed to have my period on August 23, 2010 but no period.
I am now 7 days late so I went and got a clearblue pregnancy
test and the result was negative.
I've been having lots of heart burn and diarrhea.
I also have cramps maybe they are from the diarrhea?
My husband and I had unprotected sex on August 26, 3 days after I should have started my period.
So I don't know what's going on with my body.
I'm not under any stress and nothing dramatic has happened, well except I might be pregnant.
Should I wait a couple more weeks to take another test?
I hate the suspense, it's driving me crazy!
September 10th, 2010, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoforever View Post
My last period was on July 26, 2010 and my cycle was very regular, usually right on the dot.
My husband and I had unprotected sex on August 26, 3 days after I should have started my period.
I'm not under any stress and nothing dramatic has happened, well except I might be pregnant.
Me and my wife did the same thing. for a while and it has been 2weeks since the expected time of her period. we took 3 test and they all came out negitive but some were kinda faded. she has cramps and her feet hurt she says. Even her nipples became enlarged as well as her breasts. i always thiught those were signs of pregnacy so we have been going crazy for the past 2 weeks, she is not under stress so im confused did you ever find out what happened with you or can anyone help me with this im just a guy and we know nothing about this kind of things.
September 11th, 2010, 09:39 AM
hi guys. I am 8 days late today and still not got a positive test! % am usually regular on a 28 day cycle!!! Over the last week i have had a lot of lower abdominal cramps, sore nipples and tender boobs. Althoug my boobs arnt so tender today. I have also had a water like discarge. However i have taken 3 hpts and all negative!! What's happening?!
September 12th, 2010, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoforever View Post

That's so crazy everything u mention is common to my situation I'm 3 weeks late today and 3 negative test ... And my period is usually normal 1-3 late or early.... I'm not sure what to do next .... My next period is dued in 1 week... Advice ?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search