Period's late, but negative home pregnancy test: Could I be pregnant?

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 13th, 2010, 05:53 PM
I have one existing child whom I found out I was pregnant with immediately - missed my period, took a pregnancy test and BAM, the hpt was positive with my daughter and I had implantation bleeding right during my missed period...not so now...

Last menstrual period was 8/4 - should have come 9/2...Period is 11 days late, have 3 negative tests and one spot today - wiped myself and a tiny brown spot came on the tp, but that was it. I thought my period was finally coming, but it didn't. Then looked up 'late ovulation' thinking it was implantation bleeding because its been like 20+ days since conception could have happened, but i know it usually happens by 12 days max. I still don't have my period and am wondering what is going on? I am usually very regular; 28-29 days. I don't have much stress. I feel so very pregnant. Cramps, bloated, backache...but still no period. I really don't want to be pregnant again at this time, but if I were, I'd accept it. I just want to know if I'm pregnant or not.

What I'm worried about is I've been out with friends and drinking and smoking cigarettes the one day of the week I get a babysitter to watch my daughter. I would stop if I knew I were pregnant, but since I've had 3 negative tests, I'm not sure what I should do. I hope my period eventually comes...

I guess I will wait till next month. If I don't get my period again by 9/31 when my next is due, I'll take another test. Its just so frustrating. I know how all of you feel!
September 15th, 2010, 08:28 AM
I'm going through the exact same situation. My last period was on August 10 and as of today, September 15, I still have not gotten my period...only had a little spotting, but it was only on tp. I have taken an hpt and it came out negative. I'm still having all the symptoms that I was having before I missed my period. I'm having nausea, constipation, headaches/backaches, my breasts are EXTREMELY sore and tender to touch. I have called my doctors office and they have scheduled me to come in on the 30th to see the doctor. I really hope that I am...will let everyone know as soon as I find out myself
September 16th, 2010, 01:36 PM
is it possible 2 get prego THE DAY B4 i was supposed 2 start "My Happy Days"? im a week late bt the home pregnancy tests still say (negative) :-S *worried n confused*
October 11th, 2010, 11:05 AM
I have a lot of the same symptoms as a lot of you.
I havent had a monthly cycle since the last day of my last cycle which was 06/12/10 and it is now 10/11/10. I have taken multiple pregnancy tests and they all come back negative.
I have had nausea when it comes to some smells, like milk, eggs, cheese and anything cooking on a stove. I have also had crazy heartburn, diarrhea, headaches, and constantly tired. I am unsure of what is going on.
Has anyone else had anything like this, with such a long perion of time without a cycle?
October 17th, 2010, 01:48 PM
I have all the symptoms, been there before. But the two tests were negative...... I will be 49 in February
October 28th, 2010, 06:49 AM
To jhefley...i am only a month behind u...my last period was 7/29/10 it is 10/28/10 so in july i had a reg period then in august i had a one day period, this is very odd and indicitive of being pg. Also i misscarried 5/14/10 so this was unexpected...cravings, swollen/sore breasts, all day sick, food/smells aversion, even my uterus can be felt above my pelvic bone...i feel the first movements too(i can tell the dif between the gas i have and the "movements") i have taken 5 tests over the last 3 wks...my belly is looking pg too and seeing that im not able to eat much i know im not gaining from eating too much...i am wondering what can be going on... I feel pg but cant get a test to come back positive...i dont have insurance right now so i am stuck...any feedback would be appreciated...
November 1st, 2010, 01:44 AM
hey guys,
when you're taking the home pregnancy tests, make sure you are using the first morning urine. the hCG hormone doubles about every other day once implantation has ocurred and the placenta begins to form. try testing again 3 days after your negative result and use a test with very high sensitivity of 20 mlU or less. hope it helps! (:
November 3rd, 2010, 04:09 AM
newmommysarah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i usually have a 26 day cycle but my last period was exactly a month ago - ive taken 3 hpt over the weekend but they are all negative.
November 5th, 2010, 03:58 PM
I am 11 days late today. I have taken 3 home pregnancy tests, all negative. I can't get in to see my ob/gun until December 7. We have been trying for 4 months now. Last month I had a partial implantation that didn't take. I had one ovary removed last December. I'm hoping I am pregnant but not sure... Never thought I would have issues, I'm a 23 year old, overall healthy RN.
November 6th, 2010, 06:33 AM
hi im 19 and i am 2 days late, i have most of the symptoms of pregnacy like very tired, feelin sick especially after eating something, cramps and bloating as on mt period but not, iv taken 2 pregnacy test and both negative... i dont no what is goin on can any1 help???
November 9th, 2010, 01:23 PM
hi i am 6 weeks late ive taken about ten home pregnancy test all came back negative ive spoted one time on the 1st of nov. but never had spoted anymore after that day. could i be prego?
November 9th, 2010, 01:33 PM
im 6 weeks late took 10 home pregnancy test all came back negative i spoted once and it was liggt brown then it went away the very same day what does this mean?
November 10th, 2010, 08:32 PM
I took a pregnancy test and it's negative could I still be pregnant.. I feels the symptoms if I was pregnant.. Please help
November 10th, 2010, 08:36 PM
My last period was October 9 i took a pregnancy test it was negative could I still be pregnant I been feeling the symptoms like if I am pregnant help help
November 14th, 2010, 12:43 PM
am 1 day late took 3 pregnancy test could i still be pregnant
December 2nd, 2010, 11:12 PM
My period is 10 days late, i have never been this late before.**my nipples have been sore for the past week, my lower back hurts on and off, heartburn like crazy, i feel bloted on and off, when i wake up and first get outta bed, my stomach hurts a bit.**i havent been under any new or unusual stress.**i did 3 home pregnancy test, all negitive, i went to the doc 4 days ago, negitive test there...and they cultured my urine for a uti...negitive...what the hell is going on?! can someone please help me, or guide me in the right direction of what i should do next?
December 8th, 2010, 09:16 AM
My Wife got positive pregnancy test, I m quite happy today because of this.
December 14th, 2010, 02:27 AM
Have irregular periods last year I saw my period april 23 didn't see it in may it came on june 15 didn't come december and came january 13 now it didn't come november of this year and today is the 14th of december and nothing yet I have taken a home pregnacy test but it is negative what do u guys thinka?
December 24th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Good Evening ladies,
I would like to tell you that I also had negative results but ended up being pregnant. Here is my story. My period was expected to show up on Dec. 17 but it never came. I then took 5 pregnancy tests over the next four days that all said negative. Then on the 6th day I was late for my period I got my BFP! IT was on Dec 23. SO then I took another one this morning, Dec 24, and it showed BFP still! I should be 5 weeks 2 days pregnant. I also just started a blog and will be updating everyday on different issues dealing with my pregnancy as well as my life as a mom to my 11 month old nursling, student, and much more. If you are interested my url is http://babynumber2-myfirstpregnancyblog.blogspot.com/ If you have any questions about your negative tests or just wanna talk or vent I am here.
December 28th, 2010, 05:10 PM
I Have A Question.. I had a baby 7 months ago my period has always been on time but last month i got my period on Nov 10th and it lasted for 7 days which is normal for me but then i got it again on nov 25th this time it was light and only lasted about 4 days it is now dec 28th and i have taken a home pregnancy test and it's negative but i still havent got my period could i be pregnant?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search