Period's late, but negative home pregnancy test: Could I be pregnant?

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2011, 04:06 PM
I have PCOS, had a daughter back in 1998. Haven't been able to conceive since. Haven't had my period since October. I have excessive mucus discharge, that is clear and stretchy. It hasn't changed in 3 months. I have occassional sickness, off and on breast irritation. Could I possibly be pregnant?
January 10th, 2011, 04:19 PM
confused?
the first day of my last period was dec 7th. on the 5th of jan and the 9th of Jan i took a pregnancy test, both were negative. so today the 10th i am at 34 days? i also had cramping on for the first 7 days of january?? anyone else had this?
January 10th, 2011, 07:24 PM
hello ladies. i need some help or something. I was on the iud for a year and had it removed in october. i switched right over to the nuvaring and had a regular period in october november and december. i took out the nuvaring on dec 1st, got my period on december 5th, and the following wednesday was the 8th and i put the nuvaring back in. on the 10th my husband and i decided we were going to try for another child so I took it out at like 11pm. I spotted for 2 days on the 12th and 13th, and then spotted a little bit on the 26th. I took a test on the 27th, negative, I took another one on the 31st, negative and then again january 7th, negative yet again, but still no sign on a period coming. I have had some pregnancy signs like I did with my two previous pregnancies but with them, i took pg tests a week before my period was even due and they said yes. could i still be pregnant or is my period just being really late? I dont get it. please someone give me some advice!
January 18th, 2011, 10:26 AM
So, here's my dilemma... I had my son November of 2009 and then was put on birth control. My prescription ran out in October 2010 so I was not on the pill from my after my October period until now. I had a period in November like normal and early December I had one. Now its mid January and I still have not started my period. I have taken a ton of HPTs and they all of come up either invalid or negative. I have never missed a period before until I was pregnant with my son. I'm feeling nauseated and a lot more emotional. I feel like I'm pregnant but the tests say no. I don't know how to go about getting a blood test. My next period should start around the 29th of this month... The waiting is driving me insane!!!!
January 22nd, 2011, 12:13 PM
I used to be on the pill in Oct i stop taking them my husband and i decided to have a baby. Since Oct my period has come on time but this month it hasnt come yet and im 4 days late ive had two miscarriage before i think im pregnant im sleepy alot but im not having morning sickness i have alot a pain in my lower back and stomach. i would like to be pregnant but i dont want another lost
January 28th, 2011, 12:07 AM
hello ladys you guy mathink this is stupit but i am not sure if i m pregnat or not, i honestly dont remeber having a period in dec, cause i had alot of stuff going on an i know for sure i have not had one for this month yet, now here is were my problem is i took a test last week and it was negative but for the past 2-3 weeks i have been having mild cramping, headaches, and my breast have been sore and tingling, i have not been going to the bathroom all the time but have been going more then normal, i am constipated when i try to go it seems like i camt and when i do its very little i have days when i can sleep all day and i have day when im up all night, now mind you i have 2 children already who are 9 and 12 so and in 2009 i was pregnat twice and miscarried both times and some of the sythems are the same and some are differnt, and i know you are probly saying to your self just go get another test but i dont want to waste my money on anouther test just for it to be negative again, and i have no health issurance to go to docter to test so i feel like im stuck tween a rock and a hard place soif you can please tell me what you think
January 29th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Hey ladies,

The first day of my LMP was dec 17th. I've been getting all the symptoms of being pregnant and have taken 10 hpts and 2 came out positive but the rest negative. Not sure what i should do. Any suggestions? please help
January 31st, 2011, 05:04 PM
hi mommies i always had a late period since i got married i always think that im pregnant but im not. Mhmmm... i dont know what to do. were almost 2 years married and still dont have a baby
February 2nd, 2011, 10:41 AM
Okay, so I thought i was pregnant at the end of December. i had a pretty large blod clot come out while i was going to the bathroom. Then in Jan. 19th i had spotting for one day, and nothing after that. i have taken two pregnancy test and they both have been negetive. I was supposed to start towards the end of January, has this happened to anyone before?
February 4th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Hello, Me and my boyfriend have been having unprotected sex for about 2 and a half years out if the 3 years we've been together. I figured I couldn't get pregnant because in that 2 and a half years I never had. I have every symptom: Nasuea, on and off cramps, missed period by (a week), back ach, constipation, moodiness, weight gain, and I'm constantly hungry. But every test I take comes out negative! Could I still be pregnant?! Please help!
February 4th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Hello, Me and my boyfriend have been having unprotected sex for about 2 and a half years out if the 3 years we've been together. I figured I couldn't get pregnant because in that 2 and a half years I never had. I have every symptom: Nasuea, on and off cramps, missed period by (a week), back ach, constipation, moodiness, weight gain, and I'm constantly hungry. But every test I take comes out negative! Could I still be pregnant?! Please help!
February 5th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Hello. My boyfriend and I had used the pull out method. however it was two times within 6 hours. According to the ovulation calculator this happened on the day where i was most fertile. 1 week after I felt very bloated or full, tired and cramping( i thought it was because my period was coming, I am usually always on time for my period, and usually always get tender breasts) this time I was late by 10 days then i started what i thought was my period for 3 days, then it completely stopped. my breasts were not tender at all, I feel weird movement in my lower abs on and off. Bloating, achy all over, back pain, i feel really hungry but once i get to the food i can only seem to eat a little bit then i cant stomach eating more, I usually take one bowl movement a day, not I am taking several along with peeing alot. Most of all its hard to explain the "full" feeling I have in my lower abs, i was gassy that first week, but now i just feel full. I feel like I am gaining weight (not officially confirmed tho) I have been really short tempered with some people,and most of all I have just been feeling exhausted with headaches the last couple days, and so then the morning I got my "period" I took HPT and it was negative. so I waited 3 days and took another one. Negative again. I consulted a doctor (didnt do any tests yet tho) he said there is no possible way for me to be pregnant because it showed up negative after my expected period. But I am confused hasnt there been people who took several tests that came out negative then they find out that they are a couple months pregnant. I would have normally let this go and accepted the negative, but this is a completely weird feeling I have going on lately... any suggestions?
February 8th, 2011, 10:38 AM
I'm new to this site, but I'm frustrated, I'm 15 days late and have taken 2 HPT and both were negative, I took one about a week after being late and one this morning, I followed instructions and used the first morning urine. I was told years ago that I had PCOS and would have difficulties getting pregnant, I have had normal periods every 24-25 days since I went off the pill in August of 2009, so to be this late and get negatives it is hard. Also have been very nauseated and turned off by certain foods, bacon, which I used to love, now makes me nauseated just at the smell of it. I'm very moody and so very tired. I'm usually a night owl, but lately I'm in bed at 10pm if I can be and I sleep 10 hours and by 12pm I'm exhausted again. Idk what else to do, it is very frustrating!
February 15th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Wow, this is good info.
February 21st, 2011, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan1989 View Post
Hi Megan,
Just wanted to say I know exactly how you're feeling. I have all the same symptoms and I even look pregnant, going on 15 days late now and all tests still say no. I think it's just annoying because it's like if we're going to get symptoms, they need to be for something, so we either need to get a positive test or get a period! Otherwise the symptoms are just useless and annoying Best of luck to you, and to answer your question yes you still could be pregnant. If you still don't have it in a week, I'd call your OBGYN and request a blood test just to see what's up, that's what I'll be doing!
February 27th, 2011, 08:11 PM
Hi im new to this but i am wondering... IN OCTOBER I HAD MY PERIOD ON OCTOBER 11, THEN NOVEMBER 9, DECEMBER 12, AND JAN 17, NOW ITS FEB 28, AND I STILL HAVENT GOTTEN MY PERIOD, NOR HAVE ANY SYMPTOMS, ONLY HEART BURNS, AND SOME VOMITING NOT MUCH .... CAN I BE PREGNANT, I DID A URINE PREG TEST ON FEB 23, BUT IT CAME OUT NEGATIVE ....

PLEASE HELP
March 17th, 2011, 09:07 AM
I am 29 years old and in 2006 I had a parkland bilateral tubal ligation....successful as it was I believe I am possibly pregnant I am a week late on my menstrual cycle which has never happened AT ALL!!!! I took two pt and both were negative I am very anxious now as to whether I am or not can anyone tell me what the chances of pregnacy are after a tubal that is 4 years old almost 5 years now in april
March 23rd, 2011, 03:30 AM
Newbee here! Although I have obsessing over theses sites for months now!

Here goes...fiance and I are 25 & ttc. So I had a miscarriage (confirmed negative test) on Sept 13th 2010. I lost my baby at 8 weeks.

Since this date and before we have been ttc. Oct 10-Jan 11 my cycle was 28 days exactly, my periods have never lasted long (3 days), cycles prior to the miscarriage had been heavy & painful with generally bad symptoms they changed a little after the miscarriage; period itself has been lighter but had worse symptoms. Feb was a 32 day cycle.

So Mar 14th (day 31) I had pink staining on tissue when I wiped on & off until 16th which was kind of brown at times too. (tmi soz) (I have just been charting with an ovulation calendar app on my phone, and we ttc two days before my highest O day.)

Since 'conception' I have had early pregnancy like symptoms. Which include...

1-4dpo - cramps
5 & 6 dpo - vivid dream, cramps
7dpo - cramps, slept hours, felt fainty
8dpo - vivid dream, bbs hurting
9 & 10dpo - back pain, hips aching, right bb hurting, sleeping alot, itchy skin especially under arms
11dpo - on bbs a blue vein has appeared going to nipple area & never seen them before?! fainty
12dpo - bbs feel hot & really hurting-like never felt like this was thinking of going to hosp. Nipples tingle. Cup of tea tasting strange?! Hips hurting, hurting under arm bbs round side?!

13dpo - vivid nightmare, woke up needing a wee & needing a drink!
14dpo - Glass nipples!?
15dpo - light spotting!?
16dpo - light brown when I wipe, pulling in belly button
17dpo - things smells funny!?
18 & 19dpo - pulling pains, itchy tummy, bloating but not hungry, no spotting, bbs hurt, yellow wee, funny smells
20+ dpo - bbs aching, pulling in tummy.

I'm not sure if I'm going mad lol. Some symptoms could just be a coincidence but others I have never seen or had before they appeared. I have had cold/symptoms on & off, like ear ache, snuffles, period like cramps, bbs feeling fuller especially at the sides.

So yday I did a HPT, with 1st morning urine & it was negative (so that would of been 21dpo).

So booked docs for yday afternoon & she said 'she's not worried & that she couldn't do anything as her tests are just as accurate'...but didn't offer bloodwork for piece of mind. She didn't really listen to my symptoms either.

I'm just soooooo confused as some of these symptoms can't be in my head...can they!?

I think I will wait another week, repeat the test again & if thats still negative go to hosp & demand bloodwork. I just don't feel it has been resolved, as if I'm not pregnant what can this mean? Why did blue veins appear-that worries me?!

I'm stuck in this bubble & can't focus on anything else which I know I shouldn't be doing as it will happen when we are ready-I do believe that everything happens for a reason-which is the only thing keeping me going atm & my rock-my man but it's so much easier said than done lol.

Thanks for your replies in advance & baby dust to all xx
March 27th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Hi everyone =)
My LMP was on 2/24/11 and I get my period every 30 days as scheduled. It's bin consistent since Sept. 2004 wen I had a D&C performed after the birth of my son. Anyways,I had unprotected sex March 3rd and March 7th. From March 10~12th I had some light bleeding and spotting. The only other time I've had spotting outside of my period is wen I was pregnant. I'm about 4~5 days late and began throwing up yesterday..I'm always nauseous and I've bin exhausted lately. I used 2b an insomniac,I never go to sleep b4 2a.m. now I can sleep for 12hrs straight and not hear my alarm go off in the morning for work. I'm concerned becuz although I do want another baby,I dnt want 2b pregnant RIGHT NOW. I took a HPT lastnite and it came out negative...think I may have tested too soon. I know my body and I "feel" pregnant..i just dnt know if thats wat i want or not.
March 27th, 2011, 01:20 PM
LADIES WITH NEGATIVE TEST RESULTS:
Many of u may be testing TOO SOON.! The key to figuring out on ur own if u are pregnant or ot is to 1) KNOW UR BODY and 2)DATES,DATES,DATES.! Dates of ur LMP,dates of wat may have bin ovulation,implantation bleeding (if u've had it) and the date ur expecting ur next period. 3)HCG amounts. Since they vary with all women,its hard to determine wen u should test efficiently. Most tests cannot confirm pregnancy until 50ml of HCG is in ur urine. HCG does not start producing until a few wks after conception and it takes time to increase. 1 week makes a huge difference in the level of HCG in ur system. Sum women can get an accurate positive result after 2wks of pregnancy,but others may have to wait until 6~8wks after conceiving. I wish luck to all. Hope this info helped...jus be patient

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search