Period's late, but negative home pregnancy test: Could I be pregnant?

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Its been 41 days since my last period and have taken a urine test and blood test both came back negative but my boobs are getting bigger not sure what to do need advice.
March 30th, 2011, 04:21 PM
I am 20 years old, I have irregular periods but it has been almost 2 months since my last period. Usually this is no biggie, except for the fact that I have a lot of the symptoms of pregnancy. Nausea, bloating, sore and swollen breasts, cramping, dizziness, fatigue, headache, heart burn, cravings, etc. But everyone keeps telling me that this could be pms, I have never had pms before. Could I be pregnant? I took home tests with negative results, but I know that these are not always accurate. My best friend didnt test positive on a home test, but went to the dr and found out she was 7 weeks pregnant.
April 19th, 2011, 12:47 PM
my period is only a few days late, i am experiencing bloating my boobs are super sore and i went up a bra size i get these really horrid headaches on and off on a daily and when 'm hungry i feel like 'm going to pass out if i dont eat right then and there but even after i eat i feel like vomitting. i urinate more often and today {not trying to sound disgusting} i begin to have dirrhea. i find myself taking naps all the time and i have mild back pains but my sides do hurt. at night time its hard for me to sleep cus when i lay down i start to feel nauseated; i feel nauseated throughout the day but it gets worse at night and it makes me feel like i have no energy left in my body. last month around the 9th or 10th this guy did cum in me and ive been having these symptoms for the last week now and today i took a hpt and it came back negative. i know this isnt all in my mind 'm not faking what i know i feel. could i be pregnant??
April 23rd, 2011, 04:31 PM
hello everyone well i have been going thru a similar situation.i was nuvaring for about 4 months and i took a hpt and is negative so i'm going to wait until this wed to see if it comes back negative then i will also see my gyn doc. wish everyone luck
April 25th, 2011, 09:45 PM
I just stopped my birth control in March. I had my period in Mar. and was supposed to start my period on Friday April 23rd but still no sign. I've taken 4 preg. tests and got only one positive result...could I be pregnant??

Last edited by katidid622; April 27th, 2011 at 09:55 AM.
April 26th, 2011, 03:31 AM
HI all,
I am in the same situation
Only time I have skipped a period is when I was pregnant with my son
My period is 18 days late and counting, total of 6 HPT negative
I am bloated, headachy, and have sore boobs. When pregnant wiht my son I got a positive the day BEFORE my period was due. This is totally different.
I am getting a blood test done tomorrow..so we will see..
May 10th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Hi I'm new to this site. Can anyone plz help me. My period is 11 days late, I've done 4 home tests and they've all been negative. Cud I b pregnant? I'm not showing any signs that I'm going to have a period but I'm not showing signs of pregnancy either. If anyone cud give me advice that wud b brill.
May 12th, 2011, 02:18 PM
I dont know If I could be pregnant. I've been having alot of different weird syptoms that I never had, I mean not all at once. For example, headaches, vomiting, dizziness, aches, pain, morning sickness, I eat and I feel like vommitting rite away everything bothers me my boobs hurt alot an am just going crazy with this I took 4 Pregnancy Test and they all came out negative I even took a urine test and no nothing (-) I miss my period I am 1 Week late when eac month I get it the same exact day. I am a little worried. Could I Be Pregnant?
May 17th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Lmp on april 20,2011 still did not get my period yet. Took a home pregnancy test and it was negative.
May 17th, 2011, 10:00 PM
Remember.... anything can happen.

Last edited by Worth_The_Wait; June 10th, 2012 at 08:30 PM. Reason: ....
May 21st, 2011, 07:54 AM
Hi I have a question. I have very regular periods ever month in April I happy a period for three days it usually last four to five days this month my period was due on 5/16 nothing came but the week before I had spotted a day. I have taken hpt all - as wel as a blood test - can it just be to soon? And I have no symptoms my abdominal are just feels a little funny.
June 24th, 2011, 07:51 AM
Hi I just wanted to give some of you ladies a little encouragement. I am almost 9 weeks pregnant and I did not receive a position pregnancy test untill one week ago. I had been getting all the symptoms of pregnancy and each test I took (more than 10) came out negative. So I would say trust your feelings and as soon as you can, visit your Doctor. It can be really frustrating waiting but its worth the wait eventually. I also read where they indicated if you keep getting negative results you are not pregnant, but that was so wrong for me, I did not give up. Statistics are not always correct, so dont give up hope.
June 29th, 2011, 05:49 AM
hey CHEZ2007......did you ever find out if you were preggo or not? Exact same symptoms and I am wondering what happen to you. Please tell!!! Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by chez2007 View Post
Newbee here! Although I have obsessing over theses sites for months now!

Here goes...fiance and I are 25 & ttc. So I had a miscarriage (confirmed negative test) on Sept 13th 2010. I lost my baby at 8 weeks.

Since this date and before we have been ttc. Oct 10-Jan 11 my cycle was 28 days exactly, my periods have never lasted long (3 days), cycles prior to the miscarriage had been heavy & painful with generally bad symptoms they changed a little after the miscarriage; period itself has been lighter but had worse symptoms. Feb was a 32 day cycle.

So Mar 14th (day 31) I had pink staining on tissue when I wiped on & off until 16th which was kind of brown at times too. (tmi soz) (I have just been charting with an ovulation calendar app on my phone, and we ttc two days before my highest O day.)

Since 'conception' I have had early pregnancy like symptoms. Which include...

1-4dpo - cramps
5 & 6 dpo - vivid dream, cramps
7dpo - cramps, slept hours, felt fainty
8dpo - vivid dream, bbs hurting
9 & 10dpo - back pain, hips aching, right bb hurting, sleeping alot, itchy skin especially under arms
11dpo - on bbs a blue vein has appeared going to nipple area & never seen them before?! fainty
12dpo - bbs feel hot & really hurting-like never felt like this was thinking of going to hosp. Nipples tingle. Cup of tea tasting strange?! Hips hurting, hurting under arm bbs round side?!

13dpo - vivid nightmare, woke up needing a wee & needing a drink!
14dpo - Glass nipples!?
15dpo - light spotting!?
16dpo - light brown when I wipe, pulling in belly button
17dpo - things smells funny!?
18 & 19dpo - pulling pains, itchy tummy, bloating but not hungry, no spotting, bbs hurt, yellow wee, funny smells
20+ dpo - bbs aching, pulling in tummy.

I'm not sure if I'm going mad lol. Some symptoms could just be a coincidence but others I have never seen or had before they appeared. I have had cold/symptoms on & off, like ear ache, snuffles, period like cramps, bbs feeling fuller especially at the sides.

So yday I did a HPT, with 1st morning urine & it was negative (so that would of been 21dpo).

So booked docs for yday afternoon & she said 'she's not worried & that she couldn't do anything as her tests are just as accurate'...but didn't offer bloodwork for piece of mind. She didn't really listen to my symptoms either.

I'm just soooooo confused as some of these symptoms can't be in my head...can they!?

I think I will wait another week, repeat the test again & if thats still negative go to hosp & demand bloodwork. I just don't feel it has been resolved, as if I'm not pregnant what can this mean? Why did blue veins appear-that worries me?!

I'm stuck in this bubble & can't focus on anything else which I know I shouldn't be doing as it will happen when we are ready-I do believe that everything happens for a reason-which is the only thing keeping me going atm & my rock-my man but it's so much easier said than done lol.

Thanks for your replies in advance & baby dust to all xx
June 29th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Lindie thanks for the encouragement. I still have hope as each hour goes by with no AF. Wish me luck!
July 1st, 2011, 07:45 PM
I'm 19 and my period is about 5 to 7 days late. I took a home pregnancy test yesterday afternoon and it came out negative. But I'm never this late. Last time I had sex i saw spotting like i would if i was about to start my period but it only lasted a day or two. Should I wait a couple more days and take another test or is there nothing to worry about? Any advice would help thanks.
July 1st, 2011, 11:52 PM
Hi CHEZ2007 & Schwamp61, after i read your post now i know i am not the only one with this situation. My last period is May 26 and till to date i haven't got my period nor positive results. i also experiencing those signs i heard and read from the web but i also dont know why negative. my period since january is always 35days cycle so im so worried as i really dont know what is happening inside me. By the way, I saw in the forum about the blood test, when is the best time for this?
July 6th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwamp611 View Post
Lindie thanks for the encouragement. I still have hope as each hour goes by with no AF. Wish me luck!
Hi Schwamp611, do you have good news for us? All the best!!!!
July 14th, 2011, 10:36 PM
I'm 18 my bf was told he can't have kids its been a month and 3 weeks since my last period. I'm gaining weight, which wouldn't cross my mind but twins run in my family, I'm having bad cramps in my lower abdomen I get nauseous, I cant sleep at night bc I cantget comfortable, my body aches but still no period. Any ideas what may be going on? Oh and I took 2 test this afternoon both negatives. Thanks!
July 16th, 2011, 09:50 PM
Heyy you guys, I am 18 years old, and me and my boyfriend are sexually active and really want children. He is 21, and I was supposed to start today, and I didnt, so i took a test and it was negitive. But like all yall i have gained almost 10 pounds in a week, my stomach is extra hard, i have been extremly sleepy and everytime i lay down to go to sleep, i cant fall asleep because i like to sleep on my stomach and by boobs are so sore and swollin i cant sleep on my stomach and also my stomach is rock hard and i just cant get confortable. I really need help on this advice would really help Thank you so much!!!
July 23rd, 2011, 04:53 PM
I am so glad that i found this web page... Been so confused these past few weeks! Last month was first month of trying for a baby, periods are regular every 35 days I am currently 20 days late, still no period to date and four negative tests. Been to doctors, who wasnt much help, didnt offer me any tests what so ever and just said its more than likely your not pregnant, that she has never seen a patient with negative tests this far into pregnancy (if i am preg would work out to be 7 weeks, 8 on Tuesday!) and told me to come back in two weeks time! The thing is i really feel that i am pregnant... had symptoms of nausea (no actual sickness), off food, funny taste in mouth, heart being faster, pains in stomach (like period pains but still no period), pains in lower back, of an evening my stomach is sooooo bloated as well - only symptom i dont seem to have is actually being sick or sore boobs!

Thanks for your post Lindie Massive, massive encouragment, i feel like i am going mad!!!

Any updates from previous ladies who have posted on here, any postives??? x

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search