Period's late, but negative home pregnancy test: Could I be pregnant?

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2011, 07:31 AM
Right so at the minute im suffering from thrush.. been to the docs who have given me a higher dose of tablets to take. However, im unsure if im pregnant... i feel sick.. my stomach is bloated... my nipples are sore... my boobs seem fuller... im emotional... tired etc... all of this i had when i was pregnant with my daughter.. so iv taken a test but its come back negative.. which also happened when i fell pregnant with my little girl, it wasnt until i was 3months that i got a positive... So obviously now im worried the test is somehow wrong? it says negative but the line isnt as clear as the indicator? help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
July 25th, 2011, 02:34 PM
I am 3 weekes late i have done 3 test but all are negative, i have also been to the doctors last week and that test was also negative. What should i do??
July 28th, 2011, 04:12 PM
I have not had my period this month and me and my husband have been trying to conceive for 4 months now, I was supposed to have my period around the 2nd week of July, and I havent had it still, I have taken 3 home pregnancy test and have taken them on sperate days all in the morning, and they all came back negative, could I still be pregnant?
August 2nd, 2011, 12:29 AM
I just thought I would let everyone now... I am on cycle day 61...30 days late for af..and I have JUST NOW as of today gotten a BFP!!!!
So it does just take longer for some women to show up...I am almost 9 weeks pregnant.
I have taken many urine test and one blood test 10 days after af was due..and even that came back negative...
but as it turns out I am pregnant.
August 2nd, 2011, 12:57 AM
So, I had all but given up hope...I really thought that I wasn't pregnant...my last menstrual period started June 1st, and according to my calendar, I ovulated on June 19th. For the month of June I had gone out of town to my Fathers...Dh came and visited me during the middle of my stay, which was right at the time of ovulation...I came home a week and a half later...and had noticed that af was late..that entire week I took hpt after hpt and everyone was negative. On day 10 of af being late I went and had a blood test at a local lab...the results came back negative with a quant level of >2.

I knew then that I must not be pregnant. Another week went by and still no period. I decided to do another box of tests and they too came out negative.

As of today I am exactly one month late...I decided that I needed to go ahead and make a dr. appt to find out what was wrong...because I have been having multiple pregnancy symptoms for quite a while.

While at the store this evening I went ahead and picked up another pack of hpt's, and thought I would try one last time before I went to the dr.

Everyone has come up with a BFP! I have done three different brands now and every test is a BFP I can't believe.!!!

So I guess some women truly are different and some women really don't show...I am on Cycle Day 61 (30 days late for af) and am just now getting a BFP...so here is to all the ladies getting the negative results...baby dust to you all..and I hope you too will soon get a BFP...for some women it really does just take longer to show up.

Multiple Test, and even a Blood Test later and it turns out I really do have a Bun in the Oven =)
Netgirl likes this.
August 2nd, 2011, 03:37 PM
Thanks so much for your post 'shelbij' and big, big, congratulations!!!

I am myself in exactly the same position as yourself (around 30 days late, constant negatives tests still after taking about 5 tests). Been to doctors twice and now getting sent for blood tests and for a scan! Doctor says she is certain i am not preggers but referring me for the above to put my mind at rest. It was the first month we tried and my periods are usually regular and now this happens, i am so confused
August 6th, 2011, 08:11 PM
Ok so last "normal" period was June 18th lasted 5-7 days.. I had all the symptoms so dr had me do a blood test on Monday july 11.. The same day of my blood test i had very strange bleeding that was pasty dark brown (sorry gross ik) that lasted till the morning of the 13th.. the blood test came back neg.. July 16 was when my period was due but that came and past.. and no normal period.. i have take hpt test 3or 4 in June all negative and 2 in August still negative...

I went ahead and decided to treat the stange bleeding like a period even though it wasnt even a full 3 day period and i should have already had my period for the month of August.

End of July i learn extreme heat makes your bc ineffective and i think thats what happened to my bc pills because i left them in the car and all last month my state was 100+ degrees...

So any help, opinion and/or advice would be great.. Although please dont suggust another test.
August 6th, 2011, 08:36 PM
joey_emmysmommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by confused_burris1982 View Post
You could still be pregnant I didn't get a positive test result for over 2 months when I was pregnant with my son I even had a blood test that came back negitive and I was already over a month pg. This is baby #3 for me and I was sick right away too but didn't find out I was pg until I was 6 almost 7 weeks this time. Just keep taking test that's all the advice I can give. Not much sorry

August 6th, 2011, 09:44 PM

Last edited by cad_2010; August 8th, 2011 at 12:20 AM.
August 14th, 2011, 02:41 AM
I'm 13 days late & 6 negative tests later I am so worried! I keep getting mild cramp (nothing like period pains as I get those really strong). My boobs have grown & I am constantly bloated! I've always started my Period on 1st month, except last month I started on 8th so either way I've missed my period.

Has anyone else had this?
Thanks x x
August 24th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Im in the same boat...I have take 6 hpts and 2 blood test via doc. request and Im still getting negative results. I had my last period on 7/18 and Aug.18 has come and we are almost into Sept. I also did take the morning after pill back in July bc, I it wasn't a planned day so we are wondering if this has an affect on why I haven't received my period.
August 26th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Same here, guys, I am 26 days late, bled only slightly for one day on 8/22, then nothing the next day. Have been taking pregnancy tests with negative results on a regular basis. Also, went to the dr. office Friday 8/09 they also did a urine preg with negative results, said prob my hormones since I am 42. I tested again yesterday (negative) then this morning decided to just test again and saw a slight pink line. I am so confused.
August 26th, 2011, 12:17 PM
I am 26 days late. Done many preg tests and went to dr last week, all negative. However, this morning decided to test again and got a very faint pink line. Just don't know yet.
August 26th, 2011, 12:28 PM
My last period was July 17. I have a 28 day cycle and am very regular. My next expected AF should have been the 14th or 15th of this month. I've had implantation spotting and cramping Aug 6-8. Did blood and hpt and all negative. Still no period. I do cramp occasionally now, mainly when I get emotionally stressed. Crazy.... I don't like this waiting game, esp since we've already had 2 miscarriages. Don't go back to doc until 9/6.
August 27th, 2011, 02:20 PM
My last period was june 22 and I still dont have my period now I have taken a bunch of pregnancy test and all are negative. My boobs hurt and I have cramps all over I haven't missed a period like this since high school my periods always come around the 20 something every month and has for the past 8 years soooo am I pregnant??
August 28th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FELICITY10 View Post
Thanks so much for your post 'shelbij' and big, big, congratulations!!!

I am myself in exactly the same position as yourself (around 30 days late, constant negatives tests still after taking about 5 tests). Been to doctors twice and now getting sent for blood tests and for a scan! Doctor says she is certain i am not preggers but referring me for the above to put my mind at rest. It was the first month we tried and my periods are usually regular and now this happens, i am so confused

Hey! just wondering if u started ur period or got a positive blood test & how ur scan came out?! im n the same situation as u & im going insane! thank u!!
August 28th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Hi sandiwilliams! i was wondering if a dr confirmed ur positive result yet?? I am 25 days late 2 day & have been getting all negatives. thank u!!
August 28th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Hello & CONGRATS shelbij!! i was wondering if ur dr has confirmed that indeed u r 9 wks or if ur not quite that far along? i am 25 days late 4 my period & on day 54 of my cycle..having all sorts of symptoms & prob 8 negative hpt...i was expected 2 get my period on aug 3 but had some brown spotting 4 a few days only when i wipped instead..ive been having annoying off & on cramping the whole month..very frustrating!! thank u!!
August 29th, 2011, 01:17 PM
I am now 31 days late and with the exception of that one very faint line, all my tests even at the dr have been negative. They didn't however do a blood test to ck my hcg level. I took another test about 10 minutes ago and not a sign of a line. NOTHING!!! It is now time for my period again,and if it don't come within a couple days, I am going to make an appt at the ob/gyn cause something just isn't right. My boobs are sooooo very sore and to be honest, I feel pregnant. With my other three kids I got a positive immediately even before my period was due. I am 42 yrs old, don't know if that makes a difference.
August 29th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Ok, now that I have a minute I wanted to add a few things. I had an ectopic pregnancy a few yrs ago that almost killed me. It ruptured and I had emergency surgery to remove the tube and baby. That is the main reason I am so concerned with all that is going on. I am having alot of sharp pain in my side and stomach, pain in my neck, extreme tiredness, constant headaches for the last 3 wks, somewhat blurred vision, very very moody, crying spells, and I'm sure some other things that I am forgetting to mention, which by the way is another big issue, I can't remember anything. I am going to give myself til Friday to start because it shld be time for another period, hard to keep up since I haven't had one since 7/4. If I haven't started by then, I am going to the ob/gyn to get bloodwork done.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search