Period's late, but negative home pregnancy test: Could I be pregnant?

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 29th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Im w/u sandi!! my cycle should begin on the 31..if its not here i will test again then head back 2 the dr! ive had 3 prior children & my test came up positive immediately & by 5 wks along @ the latest. ive had the same symptoms as u w/the most annoying being the cramping & very itchy, sore nipples.
August 30th, 2011, 07:18 AM
Wow, strange mjw3, I have been very itchy too, didn't think about that being a symptom. The worst is this moodiness, feeling like I could cry all the time. I was going to wait til Friday to see if I start, but I'm with u I think I will go ahead and make an appt since I have skipped one period and the other was due yesterday, with no sign of it starting. Yeah, and I know they say all pregnancies are different but like u I tested positive immediately with my other three children. I am afraid of another ectopic. Things online are contradictive, some say u will have a neg preg test if it is ectopic and others say the test will be positive even if it's ectopic. How frustrating and confusing. Need to just get a blood test and get it over with. I'm too old to play games, lol.
August 30th, 2011, 08:02 AM
I am now 8 weeks and 4 days late with 4 negative hpt and the only sign i have is aching breasts. Could i still be pregnant?
August 30th, 2011, 12:07 PM
an ectopic would b very scary sandi...i was a bit concerned that might b my prob a few wks ago cause my cramping was mostly on my left side & i almost feel feverish 2 myself..weird. almost all of my symptoms have gone away except cramping, occasional nausea, & a bit of itchy nipples. im supposed 2 start 2 morrow & im gonna give it till mon & then im going back 2 the dr if no period. im sure ill retest if it doesnt show n a few days..haha... i try not 2 read everything on line but i cant help it..lol! it frustrates me when no 1 ever says what was wrong! lol! when/if i go back 2 the dr im going 2 ask 4 a blood test & sonogram cause i want 2 know 4 sure. i will keep u updated if u would do the same that would b wonderful!
August 30th, 2011, 01:03 PM
got a docs appointment for tomorrow to see if she will do a blood test as i am 2 months late i already have 3 children and would love to welcome a new arrival.
August 30th, 2011, 01:03 PM
Absolutely, mjw3. I am actually going to call right now and make an appt with the ob/gyn, then if I should start which I don't feel like I am going to, I could always cancel. I'm like u, I just want to know for sure. Be very intentive about the ectopic thing because other than alot of pain in my side for over 2 months, I had no idea I was pregnant and when it ruptured I almost died. Dr that did my surgery said she couldn't believe I was still around. Said if I'd gone to sleep, I'd never woke up. I sure don't want it to go that far again. What I would love would be to have twins, but I'm sure I would be getting a positive if that were the case, lol.
August 31st, 2011, 09:47 AM
niki let us know how ur blood work comes out...ur really late!! best of luck!

sandi thats scary that there isnt more symptoms b 4 its gets 2 serious..u r 1 lucky lady!
i took another test this a.m. w/1st morning urine & it was negative =[ ....such frustation..im supposed 2 have my period 2 day but no sign of it... another symptom i have is ive noticed my stomach being bloated & so has my significant other he also commented that my boobs have gotten bigger. ive been walking 2miles every day & watching what i eat the last 2 wks since i noticed i was getting fluffy & no dif n my body yet @ all..very unusual 4 me the weight usually comes off easy & fast...maybe thats due 2 me turning 30 3 months ago! lol!! ive also been super nauseous this wk..ugghhh. its sooo nice 2 b able 2 vent on here & not have some 1 think ur crazy!! lol! i hate 2 say it but i really feel preggo & i feel like an idiot 4 even thinking that w/all the negative tests ive been getting...
August 31st, 2011, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 35andticking View Post
Im in the same boat...I have taken 6 hpts and 2 blood test via doc. request and Im still getting negative results. I had my last period on 7/18 and Aug.18 has come and we are almost into Sept. I also did take the morning after pill back in July bc, I it wasn't a planned day so we are wondering if this has an affect on why I haven't received my period.
Okay ladies, Im back and my last period was on 7/18 and still no period. I have taken 6 hpts and 3 blood test all came back negative and the doctor did some other test with my blood but, Im schedule to have an ultrasound on 9/8 and prior having more blood test before the appt.
September 1st, 2011, 07:57 PM
ne news ladies??
September 1st, 2011, 08:54 PM
my friends told me im pregnant because of the symptoms they have seen..but i take pt then negative is the result! Hmpp
September 1st, 2011, 08:55 PM
my friends told me im pregnant because of the symptoms they have seen..but i take pt then negative is the result! Hmpp
September 6th, 2011, 11:42 AM
i tKe 4 pregnncy test.. n still -ve
September 6th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Hi, ladies,
Last period July 4 and still nothing and still negative tests. I did decide I better be smart and err or the side of caution this time and made an appt to have my blood hcg levels checked tomorrow, Wednesday at 3:30. I have been having alot of sharp pain in my side. I can't for the life of me remember which side my tubal was in last time. I am also having alot of pain in my neck and shoulders. I can't wait to get this over with. I am so frustrated. Thanks for listening to me vent.
September 7th, 2011, 09:42 PM
hey ladies,
My last period was July 3rd i still havent had a period. I have taken at least 5 pt and all negative, but 1. I have had some early pregnancy signs but not sure what is going on... could i be pregnant??? really could use some help or some answers if not pregnant what could it be?
Thanks!
September 7th, 2011, 09:42 PM
hey ladies,
My last period was July 3rd i still havent had a period. I have taken at least 5 pt and all negative, but 1. I have had some early pregnancy signs but not sure what is going on... could i be pregnant??? really could use some help or some answers if not pregnant what could it be?
Thanks!
September 7th, 2011, 09:43 PM
hey ladies,
Thanks!
September 7th, 2011, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikistanway View Post
I am now 8 weeks and 4 days late with 4 negative hpt and the only sign i have is aching breasts. Could i still be pregnant?
i am in the same boat with you! my last period was july 3rd and i still have had no period at all and every pregnancy test i have taken except for 1 was negative and honestly im not quite sure what is going on best of luck to you though have you had a blood test done?
September 8th, 2011, 10:31 AM
I had my appt at the ob/gyn yesterday. It wasn't a good experience for me. I had to see a nurse practioner instead of the dr that I usually see. She acted like I was stupid. I told her that I only had one day that I had a small bleeding (only used a pantyliner), and that I was afraid that I may have another tubal because no period and preg tests all negative. Also told her I wanted a blood test to confirm that I wasn't pregnant. She said if it were a tubal the test would still be positive and if u had any bleeding at all that is a normal period. One day of small amount of blood since July 4 isn't normal for me. So anyway she did the test and called me an hour later. It was negative, so guess I just won't worry about not having a period anymore. She didn't touch me or barely look at me, just pretty much said ur crazy go home.
September 10th, 2011, 06:19 PM
So I'm new here. Just trying to figure out what the heck is going on with myself. I'm only 3 days late, but that's abnormal for me. Since my son was born, I've been no more than 1 or 2 days late. We have no plans for any more children, but haven't been using anything to prevent it. We're just very careful--my husband more so than me. Apparently this month he paid more attention to the calendar than me & he's pretty sure I could be pregnant. I had bright red spotting 6 days ago, just before bed. I've had some cramping & tingly breasts. Have been tired, but our 6 yr old just started kindergarten, so I attributed fatigue to a new schedule. The time to myself has been so nice... And I have no appetite. I've taken 3 tests, 2 different brands, & they were all negative. Although I took all 3 within a 24 hour period. LOL Whadya think? Am I pregnant? HELP!! We're freaking out here!!
September 11th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Hi ladies i'm new here......i'm TTC...i jus need sum feedback.....: my period came on the 13 of july regular 5 day cycle.....it was suppose to come on august10 but it didn't come till the 27 it was very light an was only 3 days long took 3 hpt all neg but my body still feels weird i'm thinkin i could be prego (neva been so i don't kno wat to expect)........hav all the symptoms expect morning sickness.......my bf said if thinks i am prego (he has 3 already) but i don't wanna get my hopes up again........wat y'all think?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search