Period's late, but negative home pregnancy test: Could I be pregnant?

Home FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Chat Room

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 3rd, 2009, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Your period is late, you're having pregnancy symptoms, but you are still getting a negative pregnancy test. Could you still be pregnant? If you're not pregnant, why is your period late and what should you do about it?
Read more
okay so i had my period on my birthday june 28.. the first day of my cylce. my period is only three days.. which is normal for me. but i had sex on that following sunday. one week after i got my period. i already have 3 kids. so pregnancy symptoms usually happen pretty fast. so by that thrusday i was nausated and not hold down food.. i felt really bad. the following week my boobs hurts so bad. i week after that i start getting really bad headaches. the folowing week i started have bad pains. i had signs of a lil period it was light pink. then it picked up and then it was gone the next day. all the symptoms are still there but all the test i take are negative. could i be prengant or had a miscarriage.i dont know. searching for answers
okay so i had my period on my birthday june 28.. the first day of my cylce. my period is only three days.. which is normal for me. but i had sex on that following sunday. one week after i got my period. i already have 3 kids. so pregnancy symptoms usually happen pretty fast. so by that thrusday i was nausated and not hold down food.. i felt really bad. the following week my boobs hurts so bad. i week after that i start getting really bad headaches. the folowing week i started have bad pains. i had signs of a lil period it was light pink. then it picked up and then it was gone the next day. all the symptoms are still there but all the test i take are negative. could i be prengant or had a miscarriage.i dont know. searching for answers
August 9th, 2009, 04:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by confused_burris1982 View Post

hey im new here but i see ur birthday was june 28... well my birthday is always june 28!!!!!! i got a bday buddy. lol! well get back at me.. it sounds to me like ur pregnant. take a test! and i mite be pregnant. but i dont kno!
September 29th, 2009, 12:31 PM
So I am 26 years....

Last edited by robinhancock; September 29th, 2009 at 01:13 PM.
October 16th, 2009, 12:24 PM
am 5days late and i took home pregnancy text even the blood test and i tested negative i want to know if the clomid i took is just delaying ma period or am in pregnant?cos i have all the pregnancy symptoms
November 5th, 2009, 01:18 PM
I am now 10 days late on my period. I took a test the day after and one this past Tuesday, Nov 3rd which was a week after the first test and both were negative. I haven't had any morning sickness but other signs are there, full breast, cramping, increased vaginal discharge. I am concerned if I am pregnant or not? I have my period every 26 days and have never been more than a day or two late. Any advise? I do have a dr appt tomorrow but this is driving me insane!
November 6th, 2009, 10:13 PM
i missed my period on sunday nov 1st. my last period was oct 2, 2009. i have all the signs of pregnancy, except a positive pregnancy test. i took 3 before a missed period, one on the day of my period, and one 2 days after, all negative! im not understanding. my boobs hurt really bad, i have abdominal cramping, nausea(but no vomiting. my lower back is been in alot of pain and my head is always hurting. im not sure what to do because i feel pregnant. i asked a family member how she felt before she found out she was pregnant and she said" she felt like she was 6mo pregnant" already. im very bloated, ive gained some weight, and this time next week ill be 2 weeks late. any advice? anything sound familar. please help.
November 9th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake1205 View Post
I am now 10 days late on my period. I took a test the day after and one this past Tuesday, Nov 3rd which was a week after the first test and both were negative. I haven't had any morning sickness but other signs are there, full breast, cramping, increased vaginal discharge. I am concerned if I am pregnant or not? I have my period every 26 days and have never been more than a day or two late. Any advise? I do have a dr appt tomorrow but this is driving me insane!
Same here!! I call the Dr. today, and they told me it's not unusual to skip a period! Hello! I haven't missed one since I started puberty....except when I was pregnant with my Daughter!! This is really weird... I guess I'll wait and see how this plays out. They told me to wait and if I didn't have one by the 3rd month to call them back. I Guess I have wishful thinking that I am and that what's making me late!!
November 15th, 2009, 10:45 PM
my last period was oct. 4, 2009. its now the 16 of nov. & i still havent gotten my period. i took a pregnancy test & it came out negative but me & husband ttc. whats wrong??
November 24th, 2009, 02:26 PM
Hi everyone, I'm new to this!
I need some help, my LMP was 25th Oct 2009.
I am late but took a test and it was negative but I have sore breasts, dizziness, backache and a bit of sickness. I'm confused. Please help??
December 1st, 2009, 05:38 PM
gemmakate...
I'm having the same issues. My period is late, I'm irregular, and the HPT is negative. I jsut feel weird...like not the same as I would before my period.
I'm going to wait a week and then test again...
December 2nd, 2009, 05:27 AM
Hi there,
me too! I'm 2 weeks late, i have sore boobs, extra discharge, cramps, peeing all the time, i'm so tired all the time and have a strange mettallic aftertaste in my mouth, we always use condoms so i am surprised but know they are not 100%.
i took a clearblue test (with indicator) last night, it said 'pregnant 3+'(weeks), but then it showed an error code. i know i did the test right. so today i brought a new test, a cheaper brand and it said negative. i already have two boys and i know how it feels to be pregnant, i feel pregnant, so why the negative test today? was the first one faulty and a false negative?? any suggestions??
December 3rd, 2009, 01:19 AM
okay so i never had a regular period but im kind of scared about this situation ok my period has been on since oct but its finally bout to stop but my stomach is bigger than usual i took plenty of pregnancy from the dollar store on up all negative but i pee alot and i cant seem to sleep on my stomach so i cant sleep at night please help me understand this could i be pregnat even though the test says no so how would i find out???
December 7th, 2009, 03:10 PM
hi so i am almost 2 weeks late for my period and i had increased unrination, some nausea, increased headaches, a little cramping on and off but not that bad, super moodiness(i got so overwhelmed in anger and sadness i have never felt so conflicted) and a little bit of weight gain. i also feel like my hands and feet are sweating uncontrollably. i know that these are also some signns of pms but i still dont have my period after this has been going on for a week or 2. i took a test about a week ago and it was negative.... could i still be pregnant?
December 13th, 2009, 01:45 PM
i am also 2 weeks late now and have all the symptoms. sore boobs. cramps as if AF is coming but no AF and also twingy poky feelings in my abdomen. back pain, bloody nose, fatigue, increased appitite and weird cravings. i mean its all there... just no period and no positive pregnancy test. im going to the doctor tuesday for a blood test. answersss are expectedd i hope. =]
December 21st, 2009, 02:57 PM
I've missed my period and i've got negatives in all my pregnancy test. I'm not sure what to do?? after my first child my periods went irregular. What can I do??
December 21st, 2009, 02:57 PM
I've missed my period and i've got negatives in all my pregnancy test. I'm not sure what to do?? after my first child my periods went irregular. What can I do??
December 31st, 2009, 05:24 PM
Hi i am new here and in the same situation. I am now almost 4 weeks late for my AF and have repeated negative results for pregnancy.
I took an Ovulation test and came up that i would be ovulating within the 24-48 hour time frame and my DH and i were very active at that time and now here i am late and still neg results.
I have an 18 month old and did not find out with her until i was 8 weeks along however i cannot recall how long before i got a BFP it was that i got an BFN...it is frustrating.
I have been feeling very tired and ocassionally nauseated on and off during the day but apart from that nothing.
Has anyone else out there had the same issue and found out they were pregnant?
January 7th, 2010, 08:12 AM
Hi everyone, Im new to all this but Im quite concerned if Im pregnant or not. Im on the pill but dont use protection, I haven't had my cycle since oct, Ive taken home tests but all negative. Some symptoms I have are nausea throughout the day,boobs hurt here and there and no period,some stomach weight gain,always been tired. Being on the pill makes me regular and Ive had my periods ever since I started puberty,never missed a cycle. My doc says its my pill decreasing my cycle that I eventually wont get it but Ive been on this pill for awhile and had my cycle up until oct 09'. Can anyone help me please??

Last edited by BeAchGirLyGirL; January 7th, 2010 at 08:15 AM.