Causes of Recurrent Miscarriage

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 2nd, 2011, 05:09 PM
It makes me feel so much better to have others out there to share with. I am baffled...I just turned 41 and have had 2 miscarriages in the past 4 months. I have a 10 month old baby boy who we had no issues with at all. My doctor is great, after both mc's he ordered all of the tests and they all came back pointing towards no issues at all. I am taking folgard and baby aspirin currently but I am scared to go through more disappointment knowing that there is no real conclusive reason for the 2 mc's which I might add both happened at exactly 5 weeks and 2 days.

Has anyone else had a similar situation?

Thanks for the support!
June 5th, 2011, 05:50 AM
This is the first time I have ever joined a discussion forum about miscarriage and I want to thank you all because reading your stories has made me have the courage to share mine.
I have had three miscarriages - one at 8 weeks, one at 12 weeks and one at 6.5 weeks. Each time there was something different happening:
* placenta kept growing but fetus didn't
* Turner's Syndrome
* inconclusive all seemed to be normal and healthy.
My bloods revealed pro -thrombotic blood and lupus antibodies and just last month I tried to get pregnant with IVF. The Doctor decided to start me on Asprin from Day 2 after treatment but it didn't work and I have been miserable this week.
I've had endometriosis (3 laparoscopies and a uterine septoplasty for a septum in my uterus). A hycosy before my IVF treatment also revealed one completely blocked tube.
I'm trying to be hopeful.
I don't have any children yet and would dearly love to have one.
Thank you for sharing - it has given me strength to keep going. I hope that I give others the strength to persevere too.
Hope40
June 6th, 2011, 12:28 AM
Thanks for sharing...
June 6th, 2011, 03:50 PM
I had a miscarrigae over the weekend and I am so devastated, this is my 4th one. I just dont know what to think ir do anymore
June 12th, 2011, 06:00 AM
Hi all. I am new to these boards. I am currently going through my 2nd miscarriage. I went in for my 12 week US and there was no heartbeat. The scan showed the baby stopped developing b/w 8-10 weeks.

I just feel like there is some emotional blockage in that area now. I am going to try some accupuncture and also mayan abdominal massage. has anybody ever tried these therapies? I am curious about them and would love to hear some personal experience stories if you are willing to share.

Everyone hang in there. YOU CAN HAVE WHATEVER YOU WANT!!! BELIEF IS EVERYTHING!!!
July 28th, 2011, 07:56 PM
I hate to live.dis s my 2nd miscarriage
August 6th, 2011, 04:11 AM
I am 24. I had my first miscarriage when I was 21 and they told me that is was a chromosome abnormality. I have not heard the results of this miscarriage. But I am so confused I am young so why is this happening. Two years apart as well. Does that mean we will never be able to have children at all. I don't even want to try again (didn't try for the other two). How is all this possible for a young couple as ourselves.
August 6th, 2011, 07:50 PM
joey_emmysmommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope40 View Post
This is the first time I have ever joined a discussion forum about miscarriage and I want to thank you all because reading your stories has made me have the courage to share mine.
I have had three miscarriages - one at 8 weeks, one at 12 weeks and one at 6.5 weeks. Each time there was something different happening:
* placenta kept growing but fetus didn't
* Turner's Syndrome
* inconclusive all seemed to be normal and healthy.
My bloods revealed pro -thrombotic blood and lupus antibodies and just last month I tried to get pregnant with IVF. The Doctor decided to start me on Asprin from Day 2 after treatment but it didn't work and I have been miserable this week.
I've had endometriosis (3 laparoscopies and a uterine septoplasty for a septum in my uterus). A hycosy before my IVF treatment also revealed one completely blocked tube.
I'm trying to be hopeful.
I don't have any children yet and would dearly love to have one.
Thank you for sharing - it has given me strength to keep going. I hope that I give others the strength to persevere too.
Hope40
I have had miscarriages also and they are so hard I always lose mine at 9 weeks and with my 2 living children I started bleeding at 9 weeks also but I was able to carry through some how. I am 9 weeks and 2 days this time around and I just pray everyday to let me hold this baby because I was told I only had a 5% chance of ever getting pregnant after my Laparoscopy for Endo as well but the dr that did mine actually burned one of my tubes and scared the ovary on the other side so there should have been no way for me to have another child but here I am 9 weeks along I hope all goes right.
I hope you get the baby you want I just wanted to let you know miracles do happen.

September 5th, 2011, 12:58 AM
Hi all im 19 yrs old and i had a missed miscarriage about two months ago =[ a missed miscarriage is that the fetus dies inside but your belly will still grow and you will still feel everything a pregnant women would feel but nothing will grow inside. I didnt know and i had a dead fetus inside for almost 4 weeks without even knowing anything and i guess the baby had died at 8 weeks. It was very devastating and prob the worst thing that has ever happened to me in my life. Especially with me being so young. I guess what had happened was that the chromosomes didnt line up right or something like that. We sent it out to the lab but they couldnt giver us an exact answer to why it happened =[ im trying to get pregnant again so hopefully everything goes right this time around. My doc said everything will be normal
October 6th, 2011, 10:13 PM
I am 31, have a 7 year old daughter and a 5 year old son, both healthy pregnancies.

Since 2007 I have had 4 consecutive miscarriages, the first at 6 weeks, second was a blighted ovum, third lost at 12 weeks and fourth was at 6 weeks.

So far we have found no cause although I have suffered from endometriosis since i was a teen. My doctors dont think that is the cause.

I am going back to the doctor this month to try and get more answers after just suffering my fourth loss. He advised me after miscarriage number 3 to try taking asprin once pregnant. It took me 9 months to concieve this time and then I miscarried again.
Miscarriage number 3 was devastating as I was 12 weeks and had heard the heartbeat and all tests had been good.

Just want to know if anyone else has been through this many losses and ended up having a succesful pregnancy? Would love to hear stories of hope and any causes that you have found that I could ask my doctor to look into.
November 7th, 2011, 02:26 PM
This message is for Amber (Newbie) and of course any other lady who would like to read this. I am going through devastation right now. I have lost a baby just last week. I also lost a baby at about six-seven weeks December 18, 2010. I'm trying to block details in my mind right now, I think my baby was
past thirteen weeks. Right now I hate the world at times. I hate and agree with what you stated about women out there smoking, drinking, doing drugs and still having, some of them, full term pregnancies and healthy babies????????????????? Of course I don't wish any harm to those babies, but I am sooooo
confused??? I am 43. My husband and I started trying several years ago. I do have two healthy children from a former marriage, but I wanted at least one more sibling for my children. I have been taking pre-natal vitamins for three to four years now. I'm very scared because I am getting older, with less chances, and more chances of the baby having mental and/or physical problems. To all of you brave, courageous and wonderful women sharing your life with us, you guys are amazing. I send a huge hug to all, our angels are watching us, they are with us, as all of you are ANGELS yourselves.
November 9th, 2011, 10:28 PM
I had my 4th miscarriage on Monday and I am devestated. It took me a little while to get used to the idea of being pregnant again as it was not a planned pregnancy, I was using 2 forms of protection, but managed to get pregnant (on what would have been my grandmother's 90th birthday) I have 2 daughters already and did not plan to have any more children however when I found out I was pregnant I had started to get excited about having a 3rd. I have cysts on my ovaries (just found out that on Monday night as well) and don't know if they have anything to do with my miscarriages or not. I love my children and am very grateful for them however I would like to find out what is "wrong with me" that I cannot seem to carry most of my pregnancies farther than 7 weeks. I don't know how to deal with this emotionally either... I am grieving but am trying to remain strong for my girls. How do you go on with your life as if nothing happened when inside I am feeling lost and hurt??
November 16th, 2011, 04:28 PM
I HAVE HAD 2 MISCARIAGES BOTH AT 8WEEKS, DOCTORS DONT KNOW WHY, BUT I DO HAVE A 10 YEAR OLD BOY WHO IS HEALTHY AND MY SUPPORT. THE MISCARIAGES HAPPEND JUST RECENTLY. ANY IDEAS OF WHY? IT STARTED AS JUST SPOTTING, THEN CRAMPING, AND THEN NO FETAL MOVEMENT OR HEARTBEAT. BOTH TIMES I HAVE HAD A D AND C PERFORMED.
November 16th, 2011, 04:39 PM
I HAVE HAD 2 MISCARIAGES ONE IN APRIL AT 8 WEEKS AND ANOTHER ONE IN SEPTEMBER AT ALMOST 8WEEKS. DOCTORS CANT TELL ME WHY, ONLY THAT IF IT HAPPENS A 3RD TIME THEY WILL RUN TESTS. ANYONE HAVE AN IDEA OF WHY? BOTH TIMES I SPOTTED AND THEN GOT REALLY CRAMPY.
December 9th, 2011, 08:04 AM
I have had 3 miscarraiges in a row. The first one I started bleeding at 12 weeks and found out the fetus died at 6 weeks and I was carrying it around the whole time thinking I was fine. The Second it took my doctor 2 weeks to tell me if i was miscarrying or not. I started bleeding at 6 weeks and the sack and everything was still there so i just went in every 2 days for blood testing to see if my HGC levels were rising and they were... but not as rapidly as we would have liked to see... Then finally i started bleeding massively Getting dizzy... we had one more ultrasound and no improvement so I lost the baby. I was bleeding for a total of 3 weeks and tired and this was also going on during my wedding. Then 13 days ago I started spotting. I normally have a very regular cycle so i was confused that I was about a whole week early. I spotted a little for 3 days then I was done. I took a home pregnancy test it was positive. The following day I started cramping really bad and i have been bleeding since. I tried making an appt with my OB but they cant get me in that soon. I am positive I have lost this 3rd one because it was extream cramping like the last 2 and I had lots of heavy clots. I am getting frustrated because My husband and I really want to have another child. My first pregnancy, labor everything was a peice of cake... I take good care of myself... I know I cant control it but I am afraid that maybe something else is wrong internally. I am thinking about requesting some tests to be done, but i am also afraid of what I could find out...
December 27th, 2011, 10:05 AM
27/12/11
Hi, i'm 27 i have no children of my own, although my fiance has two, i love them to bits, but long for my own.
I had my 2nd miscarriage this week at 6weeks, i started spotting with cramps and at first thought it was the start of my period, when the spotting only lasted for 2days i took a test confirming i was pregnant, early pregnancy tested my HCG levels and found that it was dropping. I had my 1st miscarriage in July this year i got to 11 and a half weeks pregnant and was 3 days off my 12week scan when i started bleeding with cramps, i had an emergency scan and was told that my baby had died and had been dead for a few weeks, it had died at about 8weeks, i was told my body hadn't realized because of all the hormones in my system. i feel so alone, on both occasions i have been treated abruptly by hospital staff and felt like an inconvenience to them, i spoke to a few women at the time of my 1st and was told this was also their experience. i cant believe i have had 2 and that they have been within 5months of each other, since my first miscarriage i have been continuously getting cramps and pain in my pelvis and lower back i saw a doctor about the pains 2months ago and was told it was probably muscle strain and to take paracetamol, i cant help thinking that maybe something is wrong with me internally and if the doctor had looked into this more my 2nd miscarriage may not have happened, i just keep being told they can only investigate after 3! If anyone has an ideas on why this keeps happening i would be very grateful.
January 29th, 2012, 01:10 PM
I'm really sorry to all of you for loosing what you expect to be the best thing in your life.. I myself had one successful pregnancy, I had a beautiful baby girl back in Oct 2008. I found out I was pregnant again in June 2010. The thought of me having a miscarriage never crossed my mind... I went to see my OBGYN in Aug at 4pm, they did the normal routine check and informed me everything looked good. Around 7 pm later that night, I started bleeding I went to the ER right away to find out that I just had a miscarriage. I couldnt understand it because just a few hours prior I was seen by my Dr who told me everything was great. I was DEVASTATED.. I couldn't believe or understand why this happened to me. I went to see my Dr within the next week and he told me that it is common to MC within the first 13 weeks and it has to do with some chromosomal abnormality..Til this day I think about it and it makes me really sad to know I could've had my 2nd baby and he/she would be a yr old..... So in June of 2011 I found out I was pregnant again super excited but terrified at the same time. The next day after finding out I was pregnant I had another miscarriage. Devastated again.. I went to see my Dr and he had me do some blood work to check the chromosomes level, antiphospholipid syndrome, lupus and a few other tests that I cant remember at this time. The results came back about 3 days later and everything was normal. So he suggested the progesterone suppositories which I started taking last night. He recommended taking them right after ovulation just incase if I am pregnant, it will help, because apparently I'm not having trouble geting pregnant, I'm having trouble keeping them. I really don't know what I will do if it happens again.. Hopefully God will bless me with one more so my baby girl doesn't grow up as an only child.. I'm sorry for the lenghty post I just haven't really gotten this off my chest and it feels really good to do so. I wish you all the best of luck!
January 30th, 2012, 12:06 PM
This message is for Bluvzj. I've also had 3 miscarriages in a row. I'm 40 and have been trying to get pregnant for 1 1/2 years. I think I have the same problem, it's not getting pregnant, it's staying pregnant. I see a fertility Dr. On the 8th of Feb. I have a dilemma. I will be ovulating next week. Do I go ahead and start trying or wait til I see the Dr. first? I have a feeling it might be low progesterone levels. My progesterone level was a 1 the day after I miscarried. My OB told me that was way low. I noticed that your Dr. Started you on progesterone after ovulation. If that is the case, we may just start trying to get pregnant- time is of the essence!! Thanks for your posts and good luck to you.
February 4th, 2012, 08:10 PM
I have just had my 3rd miscarriage in a row. I am 23 years old and am healthy. My doctor said there was nothing wrong with my female organs and my partner has children with an ex wife. I can't understand it. I can't even get to three months pregnant. I miscarry from 4 to 7 weeks pregnant. I am seriously considering a hysterectomy so that I wont suffer anymore. Does anyone have any suggestions?
February 5th, 2012, 04:44 PM
I have just had my 3rd mc and have never got an explanation for any. I am 23 and am in good health. I go back to my dr tomorrow and if they can't give me a good reason then im getting a hysterectomy. I am tired of getting pregnant and loosing the baby. I can't handle another let down.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search