Having a "Sort of" Unplanned Pregnancy

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 8th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Life is full of surprises. Isn’t that what they say? How about your pregnancy? Was it a total shock? Maybe, but maybe not. According to the CDC, about half of all pregnancies are unplanned. A lot of us have to wonder, how exactly do all of these unplanned pregnancies happen? They are called the “oopsy” babies and the “birth control” babies.
Read more
October 8th, 2009, 02:51 PM
I am in the second category. He kind of left everything up to me (even though he had an application on his iPhone that marked the "unsafe" days to have sex in order to avoid pregnancy). I am older and my biological clock was chiming like Big Ben so I kind of "oops" got pregnant. Fortunately for me, the boyfriend loves children and is quite keen on the idea. He wouldn't change anything... Thank goodness!
October 24th, 2009, 09:56 PM
I'm in the Don't ask, don't tell category. I wanted to get pregnant but I wasn't really trying. I just figured if it was meant to be than it would happen and I ended up with an awesome daughter.
May 5th, 2010, 06:15 PM
I'm not in any of these catagories and my current pregnancy was a total shock to myself and my husband. We have 3 kids already and the last 2 required help from fertility drugs due to my almost non existant progesterone. So this is actually the first time in 12 years that I have been able to get pregnant on my own so you can understand why it was such a shock when we found out.
September 20th, 2010, 11:07 AM
i don't really know which category i would be in... he knew i wasn't on birth control and it was HIS responsibility to "pull out" since he didn't like protection. Well he was drinking one night and "just couldn't help himself"... so here i am... 8 weeks pregnant.. he was SOOO happy when we found out.. im 19 and he is 42.... this will be his 5th child and my first.
May 12th, 2011, 11:55 AM
im not sure which i would be in .. i wasnt on birth control, but we werent taking any measures to not get pregnant again ... part of me was ready for another baby and i even looked up my ovulation chart 1 month, but i wasnt exactly trying and was full of anxiety and worry when that test came up positive .. now im almost 8 months pregnant with our 2nd baby and we couldnt be happier ... sometimes things work out just the way they were meant to
May 14th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My pregnancy was neither planned nor unplanned. Honestly, we were both sick of messing around with birth control and started to use it less frequently. Finally we sat down and had a frank discussion about what our reckless behavior was going to get us into. And we both figured out that we didn't care a jot, lol. Less than a month later we found out that I was pregnant and we were both over the moon We were married for a year and a month when it happened, so I guess we were just ready anyway.
May 22nd, 2011, 02:10 PM
I just found out I'm 3 weeks pregnant and I am so so scared I hv no idea as to how I'm gonna tell my family! My bf is happy abt it and wants to marry me bt I'm battling with how I'm gonna tell my family!
May 28th, 2011, 04:48 PM
I need help ladies im beside myself with emotions right now and im so scared. Last nov i feel pregnant which was planned with my fiancee, the next 12 and a half weeks was the worst ever for me my partner who has had a anphtimines problem in the past fell of the wagon and started to do drugs hard. I decided that a bub would be no good to come into a life like that and that he was not ready. I decided to terminate it was the hardest thing i did as i had done all things right and all was good with the baby. My partner did a 360 the day of the termination but i could not take his word as he was high at the time. The termination did not go smoothly and i had to go back 2 more times and a week in hospital each time back. My cycle did not go back to normal and my doctor said i was going to get a period any day. That day never came and a few months later i found out i was pregnant again. I must admitt i kinda lost it and i think it was due to how scared it had made me and i was majorly sick straight away. My partner has left me on my own with this now he has changed his number and is staying with friends so i dont know how to contact him.Ihave made contact via his friends so he can contact me but they all think me being so ill and in and out of hospital is funnny. Im telling all of u this so i can get some feed back im so scared about this im 8and a half weeks now andim so scared to go through what i went through last time. Every one has said to me get rid of it if he is doing this now he is not interested and does not care. I spoke to him on friday and i just wanted him to say he wanted nothing to do with me or the baby and it would be enough for me. He couldnt do that he said he doesnt know. I dont know what to do im a mess and hope you can help.
June 10th, 2011, 12:00 AM
I know what your going through its really scary because i went through the same thing two weeks ago but the only advice i have to give is just to tell them they are gonna love you no matter and yes they will be disappointed and angry at first but when the shock wears off they will come around and help as much as possible thats what my mom is doing. The only thing that i dont agree with is that your boyfriend wants to marry you, you need to be sure he isn't just doing it for the baby and he actually wants to be with you. I know i'm the result of that and it hurts because i can't help but feel if my mom hadn't gotten pregnant with me she would be happy
August 8th, 2011, 07:20 AM
joey_emmysmommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Mine was unplanned because I was told I was unable to get pregnant and for 5 years I haven't every time as been unprotected too. I just couldn't believe my luck I find out I'm 6 weeks pregnant 3 weeks after my almost 11 year marrage breaks up. I tell him and he ask me if it's his wow really I don't believe in cheating and his cheating is why we broke up to begin with If I was cheating would I really have cared that he was? Anyways I told him 3 weeks ago and I told him 2 days ago (when our other kids called him) why hadn't he even called to talk to his kids he says to me that he is not like me everything has hit him so hard. I thought at first he was talking about me and the kids not being there no he was talking about his mistress being mad at him when he told her I was pregnant. Then he ask me if I had this planned I asked him if he was for real cause ummm he was there for the last 5 years when he wanted another kid so bad and we were told we couldn't have another one.
sorry to ramble but just because this was unplanned I still am happy and feel very blessed that I am having a 3rd child with my husband cause normally he is a great dad and really does love his kids if he could just quit going through his mid-life crisis (which he's to young for) already.

August 22nd, 2011, 12:21 PM
My pregnancy is totally unplanned. I'm 19 years old and my bf is 32. Neither of us have kids yet and we haven't been together very long at all. We both wanted to wait so I got on birth control and we used condoms every time but at the end of my first pack of birth control, I found out that I was pregnant. So now I'm 14 weeks along and we're preparing the best we can for our baby. we've both gotten past the initial shock and are getting more excited every day. We just hope that it's a boy.
September 7th, 2011, 01:09 AM
I am 22 and me and my ex (baby's father) broke up last month but a couple weeks later we had a "night" and didn't take any precautions. Not even Pull-out. I didn't think I could get pregnant cause I should have plenty of times and didn't. Well this past week I had been having breast tenderness and slight cramps (normal btw)so I took a test yesterday. Positive... We arent together but he wants to be in the baby's life. I am excited but a lil nervous too.I am somewhere from 4 to 5.5 weeks.
November 9th, 2011, 06:15 AM
I need help... i dont know who to talk to out of my friends or family. Me and my boyfriend have been together for 5 1/2 years, im only 21, ive been having breast tenderness and slight cramps etc, so i took a pregnancy test this morning and it came up positive, the line was faint but to my knowledge thats still a positive. Im a responsible person, i love kids but i never thought i would be pregnant at 21 years old. Im crying on and off because my mom told me if i get pregnant i have to move out and my dad is literally bipolar and angry all the time. im so scared to tell anyone but my boyfriend is very conforting and happy for us, hes whats holding me together. im just so dissapointed in myself and so scared of what people are going to think for some odd reason. i need major advice. ive had a termination before and i regret it..so much. this feels so sureal right now
February 14th, 2012, 01:06 AM
Mine was unplanned, but unplanned for both of us. We normally use protection but we were away on holiday, it was such an amazing week and I guess we got a bit carried away, however I dont regret it at all! However inseems like on th thread lots of people are having babies with unsupportive partners. Although it is definitely possible to raise a baby alone it is hard work, and if the guy isnt sure now he certainly wont be when there is daipers, crying, baby vomit everywhere, so ask yourself if you would be able to do it alone first.
April 14th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Well, I don't see myself fit into any. You see, we're been having unprotected sex for five and a half years now. I am 42, and he is well over 50. Not only am I surprised, but also very scared. I'm 6 weeks pregnant, and found out at the same day that I was pregnant from my partner who lives overseas, and that the company I work for is going through a reorg and that it's very likely that I'll lose my job. I am trying to look at this not as an accident, more like a miracle - which it trully is. But I'm feeling lonely and very very scared.
November 26th, 2012, 02:15 AM
I kinda dont fit into those catergories either. Im 40 and we definitely used contraception. And I still got pregnant :-/ What are odds of that at my age lol.
November 26th, 2012, 02:15 AM
I kinda dont fit into those catergories either. Im 40 and we definitely used contraception. And I still got pregnant :-/ What are odds of that at my age lol.
June 16th, 2013, 09:56 PM
I also recommend the <strong><a href="http://goo.gl/OKjez">PREGNANCY MIRACLE GUIDE</a></strong> as the ULTIMATE pregnancy/women's health resource!
January 6th, 2014, 10:41 AM
I just went to a walk-in clinic because I thought I had a bladder infection. Turns out it was more than just a bladder infection but a baby as well :S

I am 25 years old and engaged to be married in June... so its not the worst news but I am not sure how to handle this.. I don;t know what to do about my wedding... this was a complete and total shock to me and I feel like a deer in headlights.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search