ADHD Signs and Symptoms

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Ellemphriem

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 15th, 2009, 10:25 PM
SuperMoM
Send a message via Yahoo to Motherof3
Quote:
In today's society, ADHD is a diagnosis most parents have heard about, but may or may not know much about. Attention Deficit-Hyperactivity Disorder, ADHD, affects approximately 3-5% of children in the U.S. A child with ADHD struggles with organizational skills, socialization, and poor impulse control.
Read more
October 15th, 2009, 10:25 PM
SuperMoM
Send a message via Yahoo to Motherof3
This information was a big help. My oldest child has prety much every symptom in A and B. I guess it is time to take her to the doctor. I have thought she had it for a long time now just did not want her on meds. She is not doing good in school this year so i think it just might work for her.
October 24th, 2009, 01:49 AM
Ellemphriem's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's funny, till now in some remote areas of Greece and in the mainland of course the above is what we called a 'devil' little child with a smile on our lips. All these children ended up healthy adults without any issue whatsoever. How ironic the doctors take normal standards for some children label them like this or like that because they don't adapt to what society thinks normal and then feed them medication or pass them through serious counseling that eliminates the pocket of their parents only to end up medicated sustained adults with counceling as something as natural as eating.....society never ends to amaze me. And i am happy this trend has not reached our poorly developed country yet, I hope it never ever does........ So sad......i never did well at school because i was never good at socializing or organizing anything. In fact i think that if i were that age now in the US i'd probably be force fed meds also and fit into the above category. I see myself as having no problems now. I worked till i became a SAHM for many many years, keep a house all by myself and had my own family....thank God my parents didn't consider giving me psycho-drugs in order to do well at school.....LOL.....sorry....anyway....good luck to all the children out there that don't fit the society norms.......'you have a lot to go through'.......

" \m/ Now Iím riding through the air
going to where no one dares
on the way Iíll cross the line forevermore \m/ "

Last edited by Ellemphriem; October 24th, 2009 at 03:26 AM.
January 25th, 2013, 02:18 AM
This information was very helpful!! My 7yr old daughter displays all of the symptoms in the 'Inattentive' group!! Before I read this article, we had taken her to the Kennedy Krieger Institute in Baltimore today because we wanted to pinpoint where her 'learning disability' is. She is in several IEP classes in school & all they keep saying is, "She is improving". However, we are not seeing it and if she is improving why is she still 'under grade level'!? There is also an evaluation form that was given to her school from Krieger that they failed to fill out or should I say, 'test' my daughter. Since that wasnt done Krieger couldn't complete her intake! However, with what we told them about her, they do want to test her for ADHD!
......I would really like to know if this means my daughter has a learning disability? Will she have to be taught differently throughout her school years or will her learning or symptoms improve? I do not want to put her on any medicines either!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search