What To Do When You're Not Getting Pregnant

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 30th, 2009, 04:30 AM
Quote:
Let's face it, getting pregnant is not always as easy as it sounds. As many stories as you have heard about unplanned pregnancies, getting pregnant should be easy right? You learned sex ed around the 5th grade, but what they didn't tell you is approximately 1 in 10 couples will experience infertility for one reason or another and that most couples do not get pregnant the first month of trying.
Read more
October 30th, 2009, 04:30 AM
My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 7 mos now. We have 3 other children so I am not sure what the problem is. I am 4 days late and I took a ept last week and it was negative.How long should I wait to take another one?
November 11th, 2010, 09:14 PM
Me and my fiancee have been trying to conceive since we were 16(2 and a half yrs ago)but haven't had any luck at all.we were really hoping to soon.since we are getting married in 2 month.but i was wondering since i do have a thyroid disorder if there is anything i can do to help my chances.starting to give up hope.have been on a birth control for 2 months so hoping maybe that will help my periods straighten out.
February 15th, 2011, 02:23 PM
My husband and I have bn trying to conceive #2 for 9 months, it took us 9 months to conceive DD who is 4 now, before tht it took us 6 months to conceive, had miscarriage
March 7th, 2011, 12:15 PM
My husband and I have been trying for 2 months now. I was pretty confident that it would happen easily, and I didn't put too much thought into it.

Last month I did not get my period, so naturally I thought "yay, I'm pregnant" so I took a pregnancy test, and it was negative. I got a little worried because days were going by and still no period, I took another test and the same thing.. Negative. I have my obgyn appointment tomorrow, so I'm hoping that she will have some answers for me.

I know 2 months may sound like nothing compared to how long others have been trying, but I'm missing my period, and that's what has me really frustrated and worried. If I do not ovulate, how can I get pregnant?

If anyone else has experienced this, or something similar, please feel free to share, I'd like to get some feedback on this, and gain some knowledge. Also, my email address is xxxx if you'd like to contact me via email. Thank you!

Last edited by katidid622; March 17th, 2011 at 11:31 PM. Reason: removing email
March 13th, 2011, 11:06 AM
hi ....me n my husbND are ttc from 1 year.. but unable to get pregnant ...but from last 5-6 month , i start spotting before my period n it last from 4-5 dayz ,,, is this the reason that i cannot get pregnant ...or it z all due to tension...
April 28th, 2011, 12:30 AM
Me and my husband been trying for 1 year and half now... we have suffered miscarriages in the past but i learn i suffer with PCOS so it really hard for me to get pregnant but i understand completely with how you feel. Every time i'm late i think "is is this time?" maybe im pregnant now and its really easy to get excited....Talk with your doctor and see also sometimes you can test too early
August 11th, 2011, 06:15 AM
My DH and I have been trying for 8 months for Baby #2 with no success... It took us 3 months to get pregnant with our first so I never thought it would be this difficult for baby #2. I wanted them to be close in age so I hope it happens soon! Our son will be 2 in a few months.

I think we tried it all.. We tried everyday around ovulation. We tried every other day starting on day 10 to 16. We used PreSeed the last two months. This last month we used PreSeed with Instead Softcups doing the BD every other day starting on day 10. I also purchased a Clear Blue and Easy Fertility Monitor so I know exactly when I ovulate. We have been using the monitor since Feb. I feel so sad and defeated when I see the BFN or AF comes

Anybody else have any other suggestions or something that really seem to help?
November 2nd, 2011, 02:18 PM
hey im new to jm..I have been ttc since july...i had a contraceptive implant in for nearly 5 years had it remove and im having irregular periods 23-29days anyone else having a simular problem
November 7th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Hi me and my partner been trying to get pregnant since around march 2011 and there was no success. We've just got treated for chlymidia and all I know is that I've had it for over a year untreated. Can this be infertility?
April 5th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Hi, For our first conception, we tried for 5 months. After 5 months i was pregnant, but we did nothing special for this, only natural and simple way of sex, because we were not in hurry. All went out normally and automatically.
April 18th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Hello Everyone, My Fiancè and I have been trying to concieve for about 5 months now and we haven't been able to. Everytime that we have sexual intercourse and he finishs inside me my lower abdomon has a lot of pain. Almost is if I were to start my PMS cramp after cramp. Is that normal?
April 30th, 2012, 12:26 PM
I am trying to get pregnant. Will keep in mind the above points.
May 22nd, 2012, 02:07 AM
Hi, I had a MC early this year in Jan and havent been able to fall pregnant since... prior to this happening my husband and myself havent really been trying but since having the MC it made us determined to have a bub, We have been married for over a year and feel that we are in the right situation to raise a family.
This month I have had a missed period, which is very un common as I have a 28 day cycle that's pretty much spot on. I have had several HPT and they have all came back negative....even had a blood test and much to our dissapointment that was negative too. Doc suggests it maybe due to stress, but I dont feel stressed...Im waiting to see a gyno... Im feeling very fustrated now, Im trying not to think about it but we really want to have a baby.. we are very sexually active and have tried just about every silly myth in the bedroom( lots of laughs,I also follow the calculations of when I ovulate also. Just want to know is it possible that I willstill ovulate since I have had a missed period (7days late today??
June 14th, 2012, 01:23 PM
hi my name is jessica can i be pregnant me in my husband had intercourse doing my fertile was open can there be a chance i can be pregnant
June 18th, 2012, 09:18 PM
i have read this and i have one question
does it will harm for getting pregnant while sex with two brother?
July 5th, 2012, 07:14 PM
I'm trying to get pregnant for the pass 4 months I have a 4yeah old daughter and it so hard to get pregnant agen I don't know what to do I might give up soon ;(
July 6th, 2012, 02:48 AM
v bin tryng n ts 2 months nw, um worried... sud i gt help or kip on tryng
August 31st, 2012, 01:11 PM
my husband and i have been together for about a year and a half now, and ever since then we have been trying to get pregnant. Doc says we are both healthy and i can get pregnant. What am I doing wrong?? Is there anything else that i can do to improve our chances and make it happen soon??
September 2nd, 2012, 05:39 PM
Me and my husband have been trying for the last year i am 22 nothing i happing i have irregular periods for the last year to. We had sex after my period last year but nothing is happing i dont no what do do

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search