The 411 on Baby Poop - Infant Bowel Movements

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 28th, 2011, 05:38 AM
my baby is nearly 4 months on formula and she poops once or twice a day... most times its dark green and very smelly, and sometimes is yellow or yellow to green. im very worried im not sure if this is normal or not?
February 9th, 2012, 09:50 AM
my son who is almost 3 months seems to only go once a day lately first thing in the morning and fills his diaper. but what concerns me the most is he starts gas cramps in the middle of the night and grunts and groans til he passes gas and then wakes up between 5-7 grunting and groaning and by 8am he has his bowel movement. the only thing that seems to help him is sleeping on his tummy and the only way he will sleep longer then 2 hrs at night. this makes me nervous because everyone says he needs to be on his back and now that im transferring him from bassinet to crib where i cant see him this makes me nervous due to all the research about back sleeping. but he is most comfortable on his belly and is the only way he will stay in his crib. any suggestions?
June 26th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartersmomma View Post
my son is 18 days old he is on similac formula with iron(a little over two weeks) and i had the same problem. i called my pediatrician right away and asked if i should use the suppositories, that i ran to the store to get, and she said that they dont like you to use them on newborns. she did say that it is normal for newborns to only poop 2 or 3 times a week. but if you can tell that it is hurting your baby, and they really look like they are in pain and struggling, my pediatrician sad give them 1 oz of diluted apple juice. (so half oz. water and half oz. apple juice.) dont use this ever time you think they are constipated but if it is really upsetting your new born, try that!!
The iron can cause constipation. I gave my 2 month old prune juice with a dropper and it helped a lot.
September 12th, 2012, 04:16 PM
hello fellow mommies i had a similar problem with my baby whom i was formula feeding at 3weeks due to insufficient breast milk production.....nway my baby got constipated really badly and even hospitalized her pidia told me to eat a high fibre dietso i changed my diet to at least 2 bolws of bran flakes fruits brown bread brown rice u name it and from then onwards she never had a problem again she pooped regularly... pliz give it a try it works better than glycerine persaries and the like
October 21st, 2012, 02:13 AM
my baby girl is 4 months old andd shes had black-green poop since shes been born
November 20th, 2012, 05:12 AM
Hello my baby is 1 weeks old and he had yellow poop, a few days days ago we changed to sma formula, and itwas ok, untill
he pooped, it was greenish colour... and by the way he groans like hes constipated, but poop is paste like... should i need to be worried?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search