The 411 on Baby Poop - Infant Bowel Movements

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 3rd, 2009, 10:30 AM
Quote:
You wouldn’t think there was that much interest in baby poo, but it seems new moms and experienced moms alike want to know more about baby poop. Your baby’s first bowel movement will be black or greenish black and look like tar. It will be really sticky too. This is called meconium.
Read more
November 3rd, 2009, 10:30 AM
Hello Ladies,

I was wondering if anyone has experienced this, as I am a bit tired of asking my doctor and hearing - "it's ok",,, while I think it might not be ok.

My 8 months old baby goes without pooping for 3-4 days and then in 2 days poos like 8 times, every hour or two, in the middle of the night waking himself up and going through pain and grunting and red face and whole nine yards.

Has anyone had something like that and how do you help your child to feel better and suffer less

Thank you
Mama Ray
November 5th, 2009, 09:32 AM
my daughter actually went through this same thing.we used sopasatories (spelling) and that seemed to help her alot.she is 2 yrs old now and her poo is normal.hope it will work for ur little one.
January 25th, 2010, 01:35 PM
Hello,

My baby boy is having trouble with his bowel movements. He is on Similac formula and only has a bowel movement every 6 to 7 days. The stool is dark green to black in color. I've been to his doctor repeatedly and am always told it's fine. Has anyone experienced this or something similar?

January 26th, 2010, 09:37 PM
my daughter is only 13 days old and she hasnt pooped in two days which is worrying me, what can i do?
February 2nd, 2010, 10:38 AM
my son is 18 days old he is on similac formula with iron(a little over two weeks) and i had the same problem. i called my pediatrician right away and asked if i should use the suppositories, that i ran to the store to get, and she said that they dont like you to use them on newborns. she did say that it is normal for newborns to only poop 2 or 3 times a week. but if you can tell that it is hurting your baby, and they really look like they are in pain and struggling, my pediatrician sad give them 1 oz of diluted apple juice. (so half oz. water and half oz. apple juice.) dont use this ever time you think they are constipated but if it is really upsetting your new born, try that!!
February 9th, 2010, 11:54 AM
MY son is 4 months and is having the same thing dark black and he is on the similac advance omag 3&6 formula
March 8th, 2010, 10:39 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My son is 4 months and his body is changing I EBF and it is no longer runny
March 8th, 2010, 10:43 AM
hopesNdreams's Avatar Proud BF'ing Mama!!!
There is alot more to poop..lol Some of these are very interesting..I was worried to see green poop a couple of times..But turned out okay
March 8th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I wish I knew more about foremilk and hindmilk when I had my babies. The green poop always threw me.
March 8th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When I worked in a nursery school, I learned a lot about poop! It's one of those things that is good to know about, because let's face it- poop is weird stuff. Sometimes it throws us for a loop
March 8th, 2010, 12:36 PM
When I worked in a nursery school, I learned a lot about poop! It's one of those things that is good to know about, because let's face it- poop is weird stuff. Sometimes it throws us for a loop
March 8th, 2010, 12:37 PM
March 9th, 2010, 06:07 AM
Madeline410's Avatar Maddie
Send a message via Yahoo to Madeline410
LOL I love this. My DS pooped all the time. My DD pooped maybe once a week! They were both EBF so that was interesting to me.
March 9th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Veteran
My kids have all pooped so differently. My first was always constipated, my second would go a few days, and now my 4 month old still poops several times a day.
August 7th, 2010, 09:41 AM
My 2 month old only poops once a day. He is a formula feed baby. My 2 year old was formula feed too. The same formula and she pooped at least 2 times a day. I just switched my 2 month old to Gentlease and still he's only going once a day. Does anyone have any advice for me???
November 18th, 2010, 01:39 PM
my baby is 12 weeks old and his poop is green in colour a couple of weeks ago it changed to yelllow/brownish for about a week but then went back to green again, he is formula fed, is this normal?
August 27th, 2011, 09:13 AM
My daughter is a 2 months old exclusively breastfed baby, she hasn't pooped in about a week tomorrow. She gets extremely fussy, she eats regularly, urinates as well just seeming like a regular baby, but her mother and I are concerned that she may have constipation, has anyone an opinion to maybe why this is happening?
October 9th, 2011, 04:47 PM
my baby is 13 weeks old and his poop isblack in colour a for last 4 weeks and stil what I should do
October 28th, 2011, 04:35 AM
my baby is nearly 4 months and shes on formula and she poops once or twice a day... most times its dark green and very smelly, and sometimes is yellow or yellow to green. im very worried im not sure if this is normal or not?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search