False Positive Pregnancy Test

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 20th, 2012, 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Ameretsu View Post
I'm kinda pissed reading these, I always thought pregnancy tests were nearly 100% acurate and now I'm finding out that its not even close! I took one test after being nearly 2 weeks late from my local pharmacy (14 freaking dollars for a single test that was store not even name brand) It didn't tell me how much (or how long) I had to pee on the stick but made sure to warn me "too much or too little could cause false results". I had to hold it a certain way. The instructions were just confusing and (embarrasingly) because I held it in so long I actually urinated over the entire stick and not just the paper bit at the end... It came out positive but I'm not even sure I did it right, I didnt take a first morning one it was mid afternoon but I dont urinate very often and I held it for hours hoping to get as clear a result as possible. The line was nearly invisible and my fiance couldn't even read it right. But I figured, it was right because hey, its nearly 100% percent accurate! Well guess not.. I suppose I will be going to a doctor to get a blood test. Hopefully I can pay for it.
Not to be rude, but why try to get pregnant when complaining about the cost of the test and the cost of paying for a blood test? 2 very minimal expenses compared to the expense of raising a child.

Nothing is 100%, no need to get pissed about stories of false positives and an article about false positives, of course they do happen sometimes, but 1000's of women get pregnant and use HPT to accurately confirm pregnancy. I think a lot of times women jump the gun, either testing too early, or making mistakes in testing, just as the article outlines. I took a test last week on Thursday and it was negative - my period wasn't due til Saturday. No period, tested on Sunday evening and it was positive. Be patient ... you're just going to get more frustrated and annoyed if you keep trying over and over again hoping for different results and not getting them.

Anyway, you can also pee in a clean dry cup, and stick the test tip in the urine instead of streaming all over the place. Usually the instructions indicate this, and typically you hold it in the urine for 5 seconds (of course ... it depends on the brand, but I have used 3-5 different brands and all the instructions were about the same).
September 5th, 2012, 11:54 PM
Hi...
My cycle started at 11 august. I had unprotected intercorse with 18,19 and 22 and also in 27 august(my cycle is 28 days). I made a home pragnancy test at morning with 4 september, and it showed a very faint line. I made again, yesterday with 5 september in morning, and the line (i can see the color of the line) showed again and evidently more visible then of the the other day,but still faint. And also i made the test tomorow and there is a line again is not like the control line but it is very visible, and colored. I have a stomac pain not so much but some ours i have that pain. and after i rest it disepirs. it is not a big pain but i can feel it. and also i have breast pain.
Am i pragnant?
October 18th, 2012, 02:49 PM
my hubby and i have been trying to have a baby for the past 3 months. and still no such luck. found out when im ovulating so we are gonna try that. and if anyone is having a false positive result it could be cysts on ovaries. thats what started me and hubby trying to concieve. in july i took a pregnancy test because i missed 2 periods(it was a 20 dollar test from walmart) and it was positive and we were freaking out cause we weren't wanting a baby right then. well i made an appointment with a baby doctor and they couldnt get me in for 2 weeks. well a week after i took the test i was having really bad pains in my abdomen so i went to the hospital and found out i wasnt pregnant and i had cysts all over my left ovary and the doctor told me that the cysts can produce chemicals to give a false positive. well we got really sad cause we werent really pregnant and thats when we decided to try and have a baby.
November 12th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Today is 11/12/12 I took a Clear Blue Digital test yesterday, it read, 'Pregnant'. I took the reminder of the tests in the five pack later in the day, all of them read, 'Not Pregnant'. This morning I waited to urinate and used two CVS pregnancy exams, the ones with the double blue lines, they both came back negative. I then made an appointment with the doctor, and their urine test came back negative.

So frustrating. I still have to wait ten more days until my missed period. False positives are possible as I experienced yesterday

I hope nobody goes through this roller coaster of emotions.
October 19th, 2013, 01:26 PM
I also recommend the <strong><a href="http://goo.gl/OKjez">PREGNANCY MIRACLE GUIDE</a></strong> for information on false positive pregnancy tests!
January 13th, 2014, 01:32 AM
Nice post!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search