Hair Dye and Pregnancy

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 11th, 2010, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Is it safe to color your hair during pregnancy?If you aren’t a natural blonde, brunette or redhead, you may be one of the hundreds of women that use hair dye as their secret weapon to looking beautiful. Now that you are pregnant you may be wondering if it is safe to continue coloring your hair during your pregnancy. The answer is probably.
Read more
January 11th, 2010, 10:43 PM
Everyone in my family always told me your not suppose to dye your hair when your pregnant because of the ammonia that it could do damage to you and the baby since your not suppose to be inhaling chemicals.
January 12th, 2010, 11:54 AM
~Sandy~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGuEtA MoM View Post
Everyone in my family always told me your not suppose to dye your hair when your pregnant because of the ammonia that it could do damage to you and the baby since your not suppose to be inhaling chemicals.

Ammonia doesn't do anything of the sort to you or the baby. Yeah the smell might make you sick, but past that.. nothing. There are worse chemicals in what you use to clean your bathroom then are in hair coloring anymore.
April 12th, 2010, 10:35 PM
OK, i'm a hair stylist and it is ok to dye your hair. Ammonioa is not used in most hair dyes used today, all u need to do is talk to your stylist about what color there using and asking if it as ammonia?? also i would not use henna color to color your hair, first off its horriable to use and makes a huge mess and also after u use it, u can't switch to regular hair color it will fry your hair off!
April 13th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree with holly. Hair color is harmless.

August 17th, 2010, 01:13 PM
i THiNK iTZ BETTER TO ASK YUR DOCTOR OF COURSE THEY'LL KNOE
September 8th, 2010, 07:54 AM
This is my first pregnancy and I'm a little scared. I don't want to worry, and I have lots of friends and family to help me, I guess....
February 16th, 2011, 10:28 AM
I have been dying my hair since I was 12 years old. I am currently 11 weeks pregnant and asked my doctor about this because I kept hearing so many different mixed oppinions. My doctor says the same thing. It is perfectly safe to dye your hair. HOWEVER, you should remember to do a test strand!! even if you use the same color you have always used there is a chance that the dye will react differently with your hair now that you are pregnant and the color can come out differently!!
March 7th, 2011, 09:08 AM
OMg I really need to dye my hair i am 13weeks preggie and all those nasty grey hairs have started to come through!!
July 19th, 2011, 09:31 PM
They say to do it if you want to, my doctor said to wait till I was 12 weeks, so I just went back to my natural color.
September 17th, 2012, 06:45 AM
My doctor had told me to wait till I'm 20 weeks. I'm already 15 weeks.
November 15th, 2013, 05:58 AM
My doctor said it is okay after the second trimester. Wear a face mask to avoid the hair dye fumes too!
March 19th, 2014, 12:23 PM
I wish I knew it was safe with my first. I looked awful!
March 19th, 2014, 12:24 PM
Of course next week it will probably be bad for you again!
March 19th, 2014, 12:26 PM
Is smoking good for yet? hahaha

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search