Natural Ways to Conceive Twins: How to increase your chances of having twins

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Amy8888
  • 1 Post By SKKMama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 19th, 2010, 06:19 AM
I have an identical twin sister... My great grandmother had 4 sets of identical twins... hopefully we will have twins! Still trying though... hehe....
May 26th, 2010, 11:19 PM
my sisters are fraternal twins and i am an afraican america lady (mixed black and white) me and my bf have been trying for ababy for 5 moths. i hope i dont get twins but if i do ill be happy no matter then situation?
September 1st, 2010, 09:44 AM
The advice to "gain weight" while pregnant is ill-informed. Overweight women are more likely to have twins because they are more likely to need infertility treatments than regular-weight women. Thus, being overweight is not in itself the cause of an increased likelihood of twins.
olive_ju likes this.
September 10th, 2010, 05:56 AM
Delekatala's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Delekatala
I might be the unpopular opinion here, but really women shouldn't be trying to have twins, it is unsafe. A twin pregnancy is 4 times harder than a singleton, and come with a lot more complications and problems. If you pop into the Moms of multiples board you would be amazed at how many twins are born very premature.

My twin pregnancy was awful. I started going in once a week, and spent the last month of it in the high risk wing in the hospital. In the end one of my twins passed away at 16 days old due to prematurity. I am now TTC again and I am mortified about the chance of having multiples again. I wouldn't wish it on my worse enemy.

So if you are tempted to try to have twins on purpose, please take a minute to do some research and know what the risks are.
November 1st, 2010, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy8888 View Post
The advice to "gain weight" while pregnant is ill-informed. Overweight women are more likely to have twins because they are more likely to need infertility treatments than regular-weight women. Thus, being overweight is not in itself the cause of an increased likelihood of twins.
Not completely true. Heavier women also tend to have a higher estrogen level. This contributes to the higher twin rate as well.
November 2nd, 2010, 09:40 AM
This is really interesting! Thanks for posting!
February 8th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delekatala View Post
I might be the unpopular opinion here, but really women shouldn't be trying to have twins, it is unsafe. A twin pregnancy is 4 times harder than a singleton, and come with a lot more complications and problems. If you pop into the Moms of multiples board you would be amazed at how many twins are born very premature.

My twin pregnancy was awful. I started going in once a week, and spent the last month of it in the high risk wing in the hospital. In the end one of my twins passed away at 16 days old due to prematurity. I am now TTC again and I am mortified about the chance of having multiples again. I wouldn't wish it on my worse enemy.

So if you are tempted to try to have twins on purpose, please take a minute to do some research and know what the risks are.
I don't completely agree with that. I had my first child, my son Jacob, August 2010. I was pregnant three weeks when I began having complications. I was on extreme bedrest (I wasn't even allowed to sit up) mid January. My doctor took me off bedrest the third week of July- two weeks later my son was born seven weeks premature at 2lbs 3 ounces & was in the NICU for five weeks & three days.
I think no matter what the circumstances of the pregnancy are - whether it's your first, fifth, multiples or a single baby- it can go wrong in a hurry.
I would just like to say too, having come dangerously close a few too many times to almost losing my son, I can't imagine what you went & are going thru. I am so sorry.
August 26th, 2011, 03:33 PM
i dont agree sorry but last june i gave birth to twin boy i wasnt due till october. no they did not make it but nomatter if u are exspecting jst 1 baby or more there is always a chance of something happening. i sat in the hospital for 3days in full labor the doctors wanted me to sit there for 1 week but that didnt happen 72 hours of full labor dialated to 10 from the start was not fun but even tho that happened im not gonna give up. doctors told me i have a 70% of having twins again. i kno wat to exspect now n i kno wat needs done to have a better chance of them making it. doctors said my cervix was weak so it gave out. yes having a multipule birth can b risky but like i said it doesnt matter wether its 1 or 2 u r taking the same chances. but i would never wish a lose of a child on anyone. at the age of 18 i went throught this life changing challenge . im now 19 n im getting ready to try again.
September 10th, 2011, 10:37 PM
I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE TWINS...
December 12th, 2011, 03:36 PM
Hi Sharp,
Unfortunately, I was uneducated when it came to multiple baby pregnancies. I was pregnant with fraternal twin girls and lost them both at 22 weeks. My cervix spontaneously opened and the girls were too small to survive. It's the hardest thing I've ever had to go through. If we're meant to have singleton or multiple, it'll happen naturally. I've been reading that once you have multiple baby pregnancy, there's a higher chance of having another one. Although I would be more than happy, I know I would be terrified of this happening again. It's whatever God wants. Twin pregnancies are in fact very hard. I'm sorry for your loss. I know the feeling all too well.
April 28th, 2012, 10:19 AM
I'm pretty sure I have twins in my family, and although it would be twice the love, I am so scared to have twins. Especially for my first pregnancy! But whatever happens, happens. They will be loved unconditionally no matter what
May 9th, 2012, 05:07 AM
I am 41 and taking clomid. This is my secind month ttc. My mother had twins but lost them. I would love to have twins.
June 5th, 2012, 09:21 AM
I have twins in my dads and moms side every generation mostly fraternal and some identical...I have always dreamed of having twins, I have a good chance seeing as how I'm very tall, still breastfeeding and am ttc my 5th child ( have been pregnant 5 times already lost my 3rd pregnancy), and twins run in my family. And for all the comments about how bad it is, many of the women in my family never had a problem at all. Problems can arise in any pregnancy whether you are having 1 or 3!
November 18th, 2012, 08:54 AM
I have a twin brother I'm hoping I can have twins sumday my daddy side have lots of twins
January 8th, 2013, 11:25 PM
my grandmother was preggo with trips..lost one half way thru..and gave birth to fraternal twin girls. No one else in the family has had twins since '62! I don't know if i would want to know natural ways to conceive twins remembering how big i was with one baby end of term and how much movement there was.
April 5th, 2013, 01:21 AM
My first cousion ( female ) from my father side have twins, her second childerns were twins and both are healthy. As iam newly married and i have a very strong desire to get pregnent with twins. I have started Folic Acid as well, kindly let me know the ways how can i get pregnent with twins.
October 14th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Are you kidding me? I have twins. I love them and all the chaos that comes with being a mom of twins. It is tough having multiples! I ma just past the one year mark and things have gotten considerably easier. Twins are more than matching outfits -- it is work!
October 19th, 2013, 01:29 PM
I also recommend the <strong><a href="http://goo.gl/OKjez">PREGNANCY MIRACLE METHOD</a></strong> to increase fertility and have twins!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search