Belly Piercings and Pregnancy

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 15th, 2010, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Belly piercings have become quite popular. If you have a belly piercing you may have been told by well-meaning friends that you should remove your belly ring once you become pregnant. But do you really need to? A belly piercing that has completely healed is perfectly safe to keep during pregnancy.
Read more
January 15th, 2010, 04:53 PM
I took mine out long before I got pregnant, it still hasn't fully closed after 4 years. But I cant imagine having it in now, it looks awful. Where the piercing was I have a long very dark streak, kind of like a stretch mark but not indented. Maybe the coloring will go away after the birth, I don't know. It looks like a small darker version of a linea nigra.
January 24th, 2010, 09:25 PM
I got mine pierce after my 2nd child. I am on my way to having # 3 and plan on keeping it! I dnt hv it for show! I hv it for me! I like it and it mks me feel good! And my hubby loves it!
April 27th, 2010, 06:53 AM
i don't have any piercing, but i still think that the best is to remove it.
i believe that you don't want to have any risk, right?
May 17th, 2010, 08:43 PM
Mjon912's Avatar Veteran
I've had mine for about four years, I don't think I'll have a problem since it's fully healed, even if I do have to take it out I doubt I'll have a problem with it closing
February 7th, 2012, 02:27 AM
I had a tummy piercing whilst I was pregnant twice and it was never any problem and looks just the same. I am not sure if that is the same for tattoos though? Does anyone know?
February 7th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
I really wish this article would not refer to it as a "belly" piercing. It's a navel/belly BUTTON piercing.

Anywho, now that I got that out, I personalyl had lots of luck with keeping my navel piercing during pregnancy. I just changed it to a flexible barbell and it did fine.

I think the issue is when the piercing isn't properly healed prior to pregnancy. Many navel piercings don't heal, stay sore, and the body rejects it, causing it to migrate. In this case, pregnancy can further irritate the area.

January 24th, 2013, 04:21 PM
butterfly721's Avatar TTC #1
I've had my belly button piercing for 10 years, so it's definitely fully healed, and I want to try to keep it in during pregnancy if I can. I have had a lot of people tell me I will need to remove it, but I'm glad there are flexible belly rings and other options.
November 15th, 2013, 06:02 AM
This is a very interesting topic. I've always been scared about my belly ring during my pregnancy. MY <a href="http://www.ChecklistForWeddings.net">husband</a> wanted me to remove it so I did in the beginning of my third trimester. I have to show this to him. Thnaks
March 19th, 2014, 12:14 PM
Make sure the hole stays open if you take it out because it is SO painful to get it redone as they have to dig out the scar tissue to reopen it!
March 19th, 2014, 12:15 PM
And u will want to be.able to put another ring in it to cover up the ugly mark it leaves
March 19th, 2014, 12:15 PM
If u don't already have one and don't plan on keeping it forever, don't get one

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search