Very Faint Line on a Pregnancy Test (Pregnant or not pregnant?)

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 27th, 2011, 07:34 PM
I took a walgreens 5days sooner test and I got a very faint (could barely see it at all) positive line in the second results window.. IT showed up within the time frame to read the test results... But by faint I mean FAINT!!! am I pregnant???? Someone give me some advice... Please
March 29th, 2011, 07:24 AM
So I have had a still born in the past (3years ago). So now trying is a little nerve racking. My last period was 2/20/2011 and I have had the fatigue, nausea, tender breast and more. Took a first response on Sunday 3/27/2011 and there was a faint line in the testing side. And today 3/29/2011 I took another one and kind of the same thing. There was a fainter line. Is this good or bad. Should I get my hopes up?
April 3rd, 2011, 02:49 PM
Hello Ladies,

Im new here and this is my first post. I searched for the meaning of the faint line on the pregnancy test and found this site.

I have PCOS and we just completed a cycle with Femara along with a trigger shot 2 weeks ago today. I had two follies which should have been around 19.5, and 18 at the time of the trigger. I'm also taking progesterone suppositories twice daily, I feel like I could be prego but at the same time I know the progesterone can mimic symptoms. My period is due tomorrow and I was told to test Tuesday. I cheated and testes this afternoon with one of those dollar tree tests, it came back with a very faint line. At first glance I thought it was just negative but when I checked it at the 3 minute mark, there was the very faint line.

So is this a positive or perhaps just the last of the trigger shot??

I am kind of feeling crampy, but doesn't seem quite the same as during my period.

What a rollercoaster!! We did do invitro 6.5 years ago, but when that failed we were called to another direction which ws adopting from Russia. Now we just figured we would give it 4-5 more tries with the Femara and ultrasounds, etc.

Thanks Ladies for reading this! Your thoughts would be appreciated!
April 6th, 2011, 11:11 AM
hi I need help I just had my removed march 1/20011 was bleefing for 4 days then was 2/24 took a ept and got a very faint line took a first responce 2days ago and got a very faint thin pink line
April 11th, 2011, 03:09 PM
Love.My.Lil.Family's Avatar Super Mommy
Hello to all!! I've been away for a while as I was having issues with all the BFN i was getting when we were ttc #2 september through december. I was so dissapointed, silly because I know there like only a 20% chance each month but I was just so discouraged! My husband and I decided to wait another year to try.... So to the point!.... I have been feeling odd... tired, crabby, and burping like crazy which is unusual for me then I realized my last period was Feb. 28th so I took a test on Wed. April 6th another BFN!!! I thought it I'd get my period any day but still nothing! I found one more old test and tried it Sat morning and it has such a faint faint plus sign I thought I was all in my head. I thought about it alllll day then decided to get a Digital test even though it seems like they require a higher hcg then the ones with lines but i got a BFP!!!!! let me just say how surprised I am since we stopped ttc months ago! so i took another digital one last night annnnnd another BFP!!! Now I am still pinching my self and I already have an appointment for tomorrow because I cannot possibly wait any longer to have a DR tell me!!! I'm still in the faze of its to good to be true, but fingers crossed that within 24 hours my dr will let me know!!! I know this is long but I wanted to add one more thing for all the ladies still trying to concieve.... back in the sep - dec time when i was trying i read another lady's post the suggested ttc WHILE on your period because it had worked for her.... well the last time hubby and i had unprotected sex was back in Feb while i was on my period and if i really am then it did indeed work!!! sry for too much info!!! So to all the women like me which i guess it almost everyone here lol here to hopeing all those faint lines turn into BFP!!! Good luck to alll!!

Last edited by Love.My.Lil.Family; April 12th, 2011 at 10:30 AM.
April 18th, 2011, 11:34 PM
I took a pregnancy test earlier today. I looked at it about a minute in and it was still processing. I went and got on the computer. I forgot about the test. About 2 hours later I went and got in the shower. Saw the test on the sink, it was showing a single dark pink line and a extremely light pink line. I know you are not suppose to read the results after 10 minutes but after reading up on evaporation lines(usually no color)I am thinking that I am pregnant. If I am pregnant, I am anywhere from 14-18 days.
What do you think???

Oh, the same exact thing when I found out I was pregnant with my son at 10 days pregnant. Took a test at the hospital it came up negative, the next morning the hospital called and said after a couple hours it turned positive.
April 22nd, 2011, 03:53 AM
Okay so I'm trying to make heads or tails of this. First off let me start by saying I am not actively "trying" to get pregnant, I'm just kind of letting things run their course. Earlier this month I noticed that my breasts HURT. Like so so so much. My nipples were super sensitive and it even hurt to have them in my bra let alone out of one. I am convinced that they look bigger but my hubby can't decide because he was being a brat at the time I asked. Anywho, I had the breast symptoms, I usually love sour cream but the smell or thought of it now makes me want to vomit. I've been craving stuff that I normally hate (case in point coca cola). After putting my symptoms together I decided there was a chance I could be pregnant. I went out and bought a cheap-ish test and it came back with a sort of faint positive line. I was in a hurry so I ran out leaving the test on the counter and when I got back the line was still there, no lighter or darker than it had been (even though I know this isn't a valid test anymore) I decided to take a digital test and it said not pregnant. So now I have no idea if I am or not. Ideas? When should I retest? I do not have a regular cycle so it's hard to say if I am missing a period or if I'm testing way too soon. :S
May 6th, 2011, 02:29 PM
OK SO I GOT A VERY, VERY FAINT LINE ON A EQUATE PREGNANCY TEST FROM WALMART. I BROKE THE STICK AND PUT THE STRIP UP TO A WHITE PEICE OF PAPER AND COULD SEE THE LINE BETTER. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY FEED BACK ABOUT THE EQUATE TESTS. I WISH I COULD POST A PIC. ON HERE OF MY TEST! WE HAVE BEEN TTC NOW FOR ALMOST 2 YEARS.... HOPE THIS IS IT!
June 3rd, 2011, 05:10 AM
Same here, was due to start May 21st. And nothing took 3 tests all negative. Took a dollar tree one and a very faint line. I am still nursing my 22 month old so I don't know if that is stalling anything. We have been trying for a year now. I am going to wait a few more days and try again but it is driving me nuts. I pray we are I don't want to say anything to hubby to get his hopes up so I have been hiding the tests. Anyone ever get a delayed positive due to nursing?
June 20th, 2011, 05:29 AM
hi all, im 6 weeks 6 days pregnant but im just a nervous reck as i had my first miscarriage about 4 months ago i found out i was pregnant about 2 n half weeks ago by doing a cheapy 99p test and it came back with a faint line so i bought a digital one and it said 3+ on so i was over the moon but because iv had a miscarriage before im just so scared so i keep doing tests like every 3 days to make sure everything is ok. but last week i did 3 tests and they all came back with 2 dark lines on it so i was so happy as with my first pregnancy i only ever got to see a faint line, but iv just done another test this morning and now the pregnancy line is faint!?!? now im scared and confussed and dont understand whats going on for it to be faint when iv already had 2 dark lines! has anyone else ever experienced this? or know anything whats up im not at my first midwife apppointment till next monday i had to wait 3 weeks for my first appointment its rediculous now im just worried
June 20th, 2011, 06:05 AM
hiya all, i found out i was pregnant about 2 n half weeks ago, and i did some cheap pregnancy tests n the line was faint, so i bought a digital one and it says im 3 so iv worked out im 6 weeks 6 days today, n im really paranoid as i had a miscarriage about 4 months ago, so iv been so scared iv been doing tests like every 3 days and all last week i was getting 2 very dark lines on all my tests n this morning iv done another but now the pregnant lines faint n the others dark now im really scared and dont understand why it would go faint?n does anyone know??
June 21st, 2011, 03:28 PM
Over the years when I've taken pregnancy tests, I've never had a BFP. But this time I have taken 3 urine tests and they're all positive! I just don't know what to believe, because I had a blood test last friday and the doctor says it's negative! I am still in the unknown zone, so am going to have another blood test tomorrow.

My LMP was 12th May. I have a 28 day cycle, and was due on 9th June. I'm 14 days late now. Fingers crossed my bloods confirm.

I hate not knowing.
October 25th, 2011, 09:51 AM
i just celebrated my newborns 3rd month, have three other children and found out expecting again, due end of June 2012. Tried to follow my ovulation cycle, avoiding days 10 to 14, got pregnant on 20th day, eight days before period, in shock!! but happy none the less
November 3rd, 2011, 04:17 AM
Hello, I am new to this. I am a little confused and I was wondering if any of you could maybe help? Anyway, we've been trying to conceive for a while now. I have pregnancy symptoms such as a missed period, back pains,mild cramping, frequent urination, feeling nauseas (mostly at night or early morning hours) my breasts are sensitive but not much.I took a pregnancy test 2 days ago. But I got NO result. I got so frustrated that I didn't wait for it, I left it there. A while later a went back to the bathroom and the test caught my eye: 2 lines! One is a little faint but clear enough (I don't have to hold the test to the light) but now I'm not sure WHEN the result appeared. If I am pregnant I would be 5 weeks. I really hope I am. This would be my first pregnancy so I don't know what to expect. Should I trust the test or not? (Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place)
November 6th, 2011, 10:01 AM
So yesterday I realized my period was about a week or so late, about 3 weeks ago I noticed some very light spotting lasting for 3 days at the most. I took a hpt this morning and I noticed a very very faint + Could it be?
December 20th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Hi all me and my hubby have been trying to concieve for a year. Im on metformin to regulate my ovulations. I ovulated on the seventh and eighth of this month on friday I took two cvs early result tests blue dye and both had a faint line. Whent to the doc the next day he did a pee test it was negative... So I still wasnt convinced so bought two more tests this time different brand with pink dye again the next morningtested and has positive faint pink lines within three minutes of testing... So I went to my ob the next day and he did a pee test that showed the faintest of lines after four minutes. So he drew some blood and I go again tomorrow so he can draw some more blood to see if my hormones are rising. Any thoughts??. I just want to know if im pregnant or not??
December 20th, 2011, 03:03 PM
I have three children so you would think I would know the the signs. I am 98% sure Im late. I have taken 4 pregnancy tests and they all say not pregnant. I have headaches alll the time so to me thats not a for sure sign I also nap during the day but latley I don't even want to get out of bed. My breast also feel like they did when my milk would drop with all my children and I have cramping in my lower abdominal area. So Im not sure if it's just to early to test or if I should just go to the doctor any advise.
December 21st, 2011, 01:04 AM
I had a miscarriage 9months ago which took a huge toll on me and my partner. Yesterday I took a test that had a very light line that I didn't see but somehow my boyfriend did. I then took a digital test ( the one that says pregnant or not pregnant). I am excited to say that it said PREGNANT. I am going to the doctors tomorrow to confirm this. I have been trying for so long. I wish everyone else the best luck because I have been down the road of trying to conceive.
January 12th, 2012, 03:34 AM
Please help I'm so confused here I'm going out of my mind.
Last month december 10th I suffered a miscarriage I was around 8 weeks pregnant and it was the worse experience I have ever had to go through I still get upset now. Before i new i was pregnat it took a while for me to find out as doctors tests were coming back megative but 2 home pregnancy tests came back positive. I have symptoms of all kinds indicating i was indeed pregnant even cravings for a beef burger and i have not eaten meat for 3 years now. December 21st I had a laproscopy to investigate endometriosis I was given the all clear (thank god)! December 25th I had unprotected sex again and now I'm left wondering if I am pregnant again. I have done a clearblue digital test which is telling me that I am not pregnant but I have got symptoms again such as lower back ache sore breasts emotional fatigue and different from last I have been feeling very nausiated and feel better once I've eaten. I was due on my period 2 days ago and I have had some extremley light bleeding today this morning. I'm just wondering if it has happened to anyone before because I am going out of my mind because if I am pregnant I want to prevent a miscarriage I don't think my mind could hack another one. Please help !! I'm not looking for direct answers because I no that's not possible just a little bit of advise please.. Many thanks x
January 12th, 2012, 03:42 AM
Please help I'm so confused here I'm going out of my mind.
Last month december 10th I suffered a miscarriage I was around 8 weeks pregnant and it was the worse experience I have ever had to go through I still get upset now. Before i new i was pregnat it took a while for me to find out as doctors tests were coming back megative but 2 home pregnancy tests came back positive. I have symptoms of all kinds indicating i was indeed pregnant even cravings for a beef burger and i have not eaten meat for 3 years now. December 21st I had a laproscopy to investigate endometriosis I was given the all clear (thank god)! December 25th I had unprotected sex again and now I'm left wondering if I am pregnant again. I have done a clearblue digital test which is telling me that I am not pregnant but I have got symptoms again such as lower back ache sore breasts emotional fatigue and different from last I have been feeling very nausiated and feel better once I've eaten. I was due on my period 2 days ago and I have had some extremley light bleeding today this morning. I'm just wondering if it has happened to anyone before because I am going out of my mind because if I am pregnant I want to prevent a miscarriage I don't think my mind could hack another one. Please help !! I'm not looking for direct answers because I no that's not possible just a little bit of advise please.. Many thanks x

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search