Very Faint Line on a Pregnancy Test (Pregnant or not pregnant?)

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 12th, 2012, 03:51 AM
Please help I'm so confused here I'm going out of my mind.
Last month december 10th I suffered a miscarriage I was around 8 weeks pregnant and it was the worse experience I have ever had to go through I still get upset now. Before i new i was pregnat it took a while for me to find out as doctors tests were coming back megative but 2 home pregnancy tests came back positive. I have symptoms of all kinds indicating i was indeed pregnant even cravings for a beef burger and i have not eaten meat for 3 years now. December 21st I had a laproscopy to investigate endometriosis I was given the all clear (thank god)! December 25th I had unprotected sex again and now I'm left wondering if I am pregnant again. I have done a clearblue digital test which is telling me that I am not pregnant but I have got symptoms again such as lower back ache sore breasts emotional fatigue and different from last I have been feeling very nausiated and feel better once I've eaten. I was due on my period 2 days ago and I have had some extremley light bleeding today this morning. I'm just wondering if it has happened to anyone before because I am going out of my mind because if I am pregnant I want to prevent a miscarriage I don't think my mind could hack another one. Please help !! I'm not looking for direct answers because I no that's not possible just a little bit of advise please.. Many thanks x
January 22nd, 2012, 10:16 AM
Hi I am trying to see if anyone can help me figure out if I am pregnant or not. I have two children born under 11 months apart the younger of the two just turned 4 last month and the older one is turning 5 this week. In Oct 2010 my IUD fell out, after 2yrs 8 mths of having it placed, and my cycles came back. On Dec 10 I started bleeding heavily with huge clots which sent me to the ER 4 days later. Bleeding disnt stop til Christmas morning. This went on til April '11 when I finally started bleeding normal length for me but still had long cycles. By Sept '11 my cycles were even closer to normal (29 days). My husband and I are not ttc but we are not always taking the neccessary precautions either. But for the past 3wks I have been feeling weird [nauseous every morning (enough to send me back to bed), headaches, lower back pain, acne (havn't had it this bad since I was pregnant with my older child), hightened sense of smell, cravings for ranch dressing on everything, rapid hair and nail growth, the need to clean (I hate housework)] I took a hpt last week and it had a faint almost shadowy line I took it as a negative test result but yesterday I had a new symptom... I started getting sharp pains in my breasts in the shower and when I was washing I barely touched one and a milky white liquid came out. Now I dont know what is going on but my period isnt due for another 5-7 days. Should I wait to test again or should I test now and after I missed my period. I want another baby and my husband said since the kids are 4 and 5 right now would be a good time for another (he has been asking,me for a week if I am pregnant because he says my stomache looks bigger and I had to get a bigger cup size in bras). Please help me
January 22nd, 2012, 06:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You could test now with a ANSWER brand but I would wait till your period is due. That way you will get a more reliable result . GL hun and I hope you get your BFP!

March 13th, 2012, 03:26 AM
I had my last menstrual period on Feb 04, 2012. I checked on Home pregnancy test on 9th March and 12th March 2012 but lines were faint. I have a regular period cycle of 25 days and my periods are never late. I am trying to conceive since a year and half (my age 29). My doc says she is not sure and has suggested a USG on 20th March 2012. Can i possibly be pregnant? She has somehow not suggested blood test? What should i do now?
March 16th, 2012, 11:17 AM
hi all just thought ide tell u my story as i used this site daily 2 c if any1 had answers that cud help me so want 2 try help any1 thinking they cud b preg...i used first response test 6 days bf af an got a bfn so 3 an 2 days b4 af used asda own brand early test both bfn waited then till 1 day late an used predictor test an got the faintest 2nd line so faint u really had 2 look 1 of my friends cud c it 1 cudnt it was that faint!!! then waited till 3 days late an used cheap amazon testing strips an got my bfp done 2 more tests since just 2 b sure an im preg!!! so im not a beliver that these early tests pick up on evry pregnancy even at 1 day past af 4 me so as hard as it is i no!!! wait 2 be a few days late or try the test strips that 2 very cheap so better 4 every day testing...gud luck 2 u all.xxx
March 17th, 2012, 01:37 AM
New to this site. I have a ? And would really like to hear from someone about very faint blue lines had a really abnormal period not sure if it was Implantion bleeding or period but it started a day early very light n only lasted 3.5 days turned brownish no cramps which is really strange fir me 5days later had brownish discharge took a hpt came out neg then 45mins later had a very faint postive blue line if anyone had this before would like to hear feed back thanks
April 8th, 2012, 09:05 PM
I'm having issues too. I spotted for one day of March (it didn't even last the entire day) and for the past 3 days ive been super neasuated around 2am on the dot. I took a test about a week after my last period and it came out negative. Second time I saw a super faint line. Took another today and it was negative. So confused! If I'm pregnant this will be my first child. Need advice.
April 12th, 2012, 03:56 AM
i have had a regular cycle 28 days for aslong as i can remember it has been 28 days i have never had a problem with my previous children
i am now 2 days late and hpt is coming up with a very very very faint line i dont know if its just as me and my partiner want a line to be there we can see a line i have just came off the evra patch
xx
May 4th, 2012, 08:41 AM
With my first child I had a "period" for the first two months. I kept re-testing and it would say negative, but I knew something was wrong. Finally after the third month I got a positive test result, but it was faint. My body doesn't produce much of the HCG hormone. With my second child my husband and I planned very carefully and as soon as I missed my period I took a dollar store test. It was a clear positive, no question about it. We have been trying now for 8 months. I was diagnosed with PCOS and told my chances were slim. I was on Metformin for about 4 months, but it made me so sick I stopped taking it almost three months ago. It seemed like it was making my periods closer together and no ovulation. Then this month I believed I had ovulated due to cervical fluid. I was 2 days late for my period yesterday, and took a test. It was a Safeway brand, two blue lines your pregnant, one line no pregnancy. Well, I got a very faint line. This had happened to me before so I went to my doctor that afternoon and he got the same results. He did a blood test and I will find out later today. I have been anxious though, so I took the second test this morning and it was a definite second blue line, just as dark as the control line. From my experience even a faint blue line probably means your pregnant. Even with my second test being a clear positive I am still anxious to hear from my Doc, just to make sure.
May 7th, 2012, 08:22 AM
Blood test came back positive! I am only a few weeks along, so its amazing the HPT picked up anything at all. Good luck to all you other ladies. When in doubt a blood test will set your mind at ease.
May 29th, 2012, 08:07 PM
my periods have been pretty regular since being put on thyroid medication. I had my last period April 17th , my husband and I bd'd 1-4 and the 7th. I decided to take a pregnancy test yesterday cycle day 42 and got a faint positive line. I tested again a few hours later with a digital and got 'Not Pregnant' I'm not sure what to think, this is the first time I've ever seen anything come out of a pregnancy test. So does it mean I'm pregnant or is what I was seeing an evaporation line???? I did see the plus sign within the time period....
June 20th, 2012, 03:44 PM
I am 8 days late. Though I have been off of birth control 2 months, I stayed very regular on my period start time. Monday morning (6/18/12)I took 2 separate tests, only because 1. My husband didn't see line #2 and 2. I thought I had wishful thinking. The second test showed a more prominent line than the first test and was very happy. We then went to our local health department where they did not do a blood test but a simple urine test, which told it was a negative reading. The nurse however said that it could still be too early to tell, and that most home tests, which can give false positives, but to be 2 different boxes and give the same result could be that I am pregnant. I have a wonderful friend who has never been wrong in "seeing" someone who is pregnant, and took one look at me and told me, I was pregnant.

My goal is to try and be patient, give it another week and see what happens. Then that will be the time I go back to the doctor and get the confirmation
June 25th, 2012, 07:25 AM
Well i did a home pregnancy test today and it was CLEARBLUE,One window was a line going across and the other window was a line going down,But in the first window i can see a faint shadow like line going downwards but across the line, Does this mean i am pregant?
June 25th, 2012, 07:40 AM
I did a home pregnancy test this morning, and i used "clearblue",In one of the windows there was a blue line going across&in the other window there was a line going downwards but was darker than the other line in the other window, then like ten minutes later i noticed that in the first window there is a line going downwards but across the other line so now it looks like a faint cross, so does this mean that i am pregant cause there is defintly a faint line but noone else can see it only me,, please help im starting to worry.!
July 24th, 2012, 02:15 AM
hai.. im paula 20years of age,

and i am confused if i am pregnant or not. i had my period june 24 for 3 days, and this month my period is not normal like i had b4. and this month i have my period at 16 and until now there is tiny blood it more than a week now... and i feel sleepy everytime. im always hungry.. and i try pregnancy test but it said negative... so i am confuse what is this..?? am i pregnant?

anyone there pls kindly advice me.. thank u in advance

god bless u all..!!
July 24th, 2012, 06:03 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
To the last couple of posters - welcome to JM! You will probably get more answers about your specific situation if you head over to Am I Pregnant with your questions. Good luck on your journeys!

August 18th, 2012, 10:43 AM
New here and just looking for some answers.

My last period date was July 12th, and I am late by over a week now. I've taken 2 HPT but both have come back negative. I've been feeling tired and going to bed considerably earlier than normal plus I've been having headaches more than normal. I've gotten up a few times in the morning not feeling well and things that I normally eat have tasted terrible to me. Could I be pregnant??
August 30th, 2012, 05:19 PM
hi im new here, im very confused, my last period was july 4,2012 i had took hpt 3x and it shows negative, i took hpt again this day and it shows two lines but the 2nd line is very faint, i took it this 4:00 am, when i saw that it was a one line again i just ignore it, and when my husband look at it this morning around 7:00 am he notice the 2nd line but very faint. what does it mean?
September 30th, 2012, 05:50 PM
I just had a faint line on my test this morning. I woke my husband up to see if he could see it too, in case it was just my imagination. What to do? Wait? Nothing to do but wait. But 6 days late.
If my period comes I the meantime, I will be upset.
October 31st, 2012, 03:56 PM
Hi I'm new here, I had my last depo shot in may 2012, haven't had my period since, the last 3weeks I felt some changes in my body, bigger breasts, nausea but not vommiting, lite cramps on the left, I decided 2take a hpt about a week ago, I got a very very faint line but yet visible, took another test the following day it came back negative, took the 3rd test the day after that and still negative, could I possibly b pregnant or am I just feeling things coz I want 2 b? Haven't been to the doc yet but could use some help in the meantime

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search