Very Faint Line on a Pregnancy Test (Pregnant or not pregnant?)

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 24th, 2010, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Taking a home pregnancy test is easy, right? Two pink lines, pregnant; one pink line, not pregnant. How much easier could it get? But here you are at the end of your cycle anxiously waiting to test. You take the test and there is a faint line. Now what does that mean? Are your eyes playing tricks on you or are you pregnant?
Read more
January 24th, 2010, 09:42 AM
I hope someone could help me.My period is late 14 days,I haven't had any light bleeding before my due date of my period not even the brown spotting. But about two days ago I had a light bleeding and brown spotting and now I'm clear of any bleeding and spotting. I keep taken test and test but is negative. Could I be pregnant?

Thank you.
January 28th, 2010, 01:35 PM
It's possible and the best way to know for sure would be to get a blood test taken. However, it sounds like your cycle may be off due to other reasons since the at-home pregnancy tests are coming out negative. If you are experiencing more stress than you're normally used to this could throw off your cycle. Or changes in your environment, eating, exercising, etc.
I would suggest making an appointment with your OB/Gyn as soon as you can to put your mind at ease. Good luck!
January 29th, 2010, 08:36 AM
I agree, it sounds like other factors besides pregnancy are responsible for your late period and unusual test results. It would be best to see your doctor and get a blood test to make sure and put your mind at ease.
- Amy
March 17th, 2010, 11:10 AM
i'm having the same problem she is, the first day of my last period was january 30th and now its march 17th, i havent had any spotting or anything. ive had slight cramping and i get nausios around things that never used to bother me before like my sons poopy diapers, and my boobs and been more tender and the aerolas our huge which their never like that, BUT ive only had 2 prego tests come up barely positive and the others come up negative. could you get a blood test done even if you dont have health insurance? thanks
August 18th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Send a message via AIM to mamalpad08
this is more a question than anything...for about 4 wks now ive been really tired, moody, crampy,bbs are feeling heavy and look bigger, i feel sick all the time but seems that it is easing up, i go to the bathroom every hr...i took a test 2 fridays ago and it said no, took one two days after that it had a faint line, then took one four days after that still a faint line, the doc did blood work and its a -,i was on the shot but i was do on the 12 of this mth for it and started spotting(which i never have ever) could i be pregnant???? please help so confused..i do have one child but had many problems like this before with him that it took 10 wks before i got a + test on both blood and home
August 25th, 2010, 10:03 AM
Is it possible for a women to check or made pregnancy test at home or she have to move to the lab.
October 7th, 2010, 08:50 PM
So i took 6 dollar tree pregnancy test and 5 came back with a very faint positive but it took it awhile to show uo in the 10 minute frame. I have a six month old and i have been feeling a lot of the same symptoms that i had when i was pregnant with him, but are they positive or am i just crazy does anyone have experience with dollar tree pregnancy test???
October 22nd, 2010, 01:33 PM
kanes mommy: I bought the dollar tree tests too. and I am having troubles seeing them lol. the lines are sooo faint. let me know the outcome of yours please
November 3rd, 2010, 02:12 PM
I DONT KNOW WHATS GOING ON WITH THIS CHEAP DOLLAR TEST...I TOOK 2 OF THEM THE FIRST WAS NEGATIVE...THEN I TOOK ANOTHER AND THAT ONE HAD A VERY VERY FAINT LINE..IM CONFUSED..
November 20th, 2010, 05:34 PM
I took one First Response test in the morning 9 and 10 dpo and both were negative. 11dpo I took another in the morning and there was a very faint line - almost like a shadow - I could barely discern if it was pink or not. I then took another test that night and the line was a little darker. The next morning which was 12dpo I took a digital First Response Test and it said YES+! My first baby!
November 24th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Yes when i first found out i was pregnant the second line was really faint on first response then i took a digital clear blue sunday sept 19 and it was positive then i took a normal cheap no name test on the day my period was due and the line was really dark!! Now i am 13 weeks and healthy with my first baby!!
December 19th, 2010, 02:18 PM
my tubes are tied...im 1 week late and i took 2 Answer pregnancy tests and they were both negative...then I took the EPT test and there was a faint positive line...did i mention my tubes were tied!!!!! Can you get pregnant while your tubes are tied?
December 22nd, 2010, 09:17 AM
I have taken 3 PT's so far. I am not sure when my period is supposed to start as each month is a different cycle length. The first one I took was a partial plus (only the top of the plus is very noticeable) The second and third ones I took have very faint lines. I did take them on different days, but I am not sure if I should be excited yet. This is not how I pictured finding out. LOL I am sure I haven't missed my period so I don't want to go get a blood test yet. Any suggestions?
January 2nd, 2011, 09:38 PM
We, my test looked exactly like the picture. I took a very expensive test jokin around, showed one line very quickly, then i sat it down, the second line showed faintly. The next day i took a dollar store test and i got a positive. now i am 4 months pregnant!!!
February 1st, 2011, 08:16 AM
My cycle is Usually 33 days apart I took a pregnancy test from the dollar store sunday and two lines came up the second one lighter than the other , SO i took another two clear blue test and once again lighter second lines but still there according to clear blue that means PREGNANT.. I went to the doctor and they did a urine test which said Negative what do i do should i wait?
February 1st, 2011, 08:17 AM
first off congratulations !!! I just took 3 test on sunday and the lines were very faint but there i went to the doctor yesterday and they said negative ... any advice?
February 20th, 2011, 09:05 PM
I have taken several pregnancy tests and some of them havehad very faint positives and some of them were negative. I have had a child and I didn't have this problem before. I have been nauseated and my tatas are killing me. Could I be pregnant?
March 11th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanes mommy View Post
So i took 6 dollar tree pregnancy test and 5 came back with a very faint positive but it took it awhile to show uo in the 10 minute frame. I have a six month old and i have been feeling a lot of the same symptoms that i had when i was pregnant with him, but are they positive or am i just crazy does anyone have experience with dollar tree pregnancy test???

Kanes Mommy

I have had experiences with Dollar Tree's pregnancy test - and 9 months later I had my little boy - and it had a faint line.... I even took them while I was pregnant just to see if they failed and they didnt - I have never had an issue with them, as long as you dont get them when they are expired they should work just as good as any of the other less expensive tests. =)
March 15th, 2011, 08:58 PM
Hey all! I'm brand new to all this ttc and taking hpt's. The first day of my last period was Jan 24th 2011 and I have always had regular cycles (never missed) I've taken 6 hpt in the last 3 weeks all negative except for tonight I took a cvs early results and it had a VERY faint blue line... Does this mean positive or no? Thanks so much for any answers!! xx

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search