Losing Your Mucous Plug

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 2nd, 2010, 05:32 AM
Quote:
What is the mucous plug (or mucus plug)? The mucous plug is a collection of cervical mucus that seals the opening of the cervix. It keeps bacteria and infection from entering into the cervix, providing a protective barrier for the developing baby.
Read more
February 2nd, 2010, 05:32 AM
hey there
What an interesting article. I actually lost my plug just before the onset of labour. I didn't realise that you could lose it that much earlier. Pregnancy is a wonderful thing!
March 8th, 2010, 11:44 AM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I never lost it with my son, but I did with my daughter...about 4 hours before my water broke. I had my daughter about 10 hours later
June 12th, 2010, 03:18 AM
I have a question about an hour ago I lost a chunk of my mucus plug a was wondering if there is any way to tell for sure when labour will start. Like will it be any sooner than if I hadn't lost it?

Last edited by bluebaby6.9; June 12th, 2010 at 03:24 AM.
June 13th, 2010, 09:48 PM
yesterday I lost my mucus plug and now I am having this pinkish brownish discharge and lots of cramping. I was wondering if this is true labor or is this the start of labor?
September 29th, 2010, 09:33 AM
i have been getting a green snot like dishcharge for a couple weeks now does ayone know if this is normal ?? its gotten worse over past couple days and it feels like iv wet myself ?
September 29th, 2010, 01:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
How far along are you? It definitely sounds like your mucus plug - when I lost mine, I was surprised it wasn't more "plug-like". It was just constant snot-like discharge. My OB at the time said it means you could go into labor anytime in the next couple of weeks. For me... I went into labor the next day. Hope this helps! GL!

September 30th, 2010, 05:41 PM
I need help findin out if I lost my mucus plug or not. . It had no pink or brown n it but it looked like a white glob of yoke with think slim. Im only 25 wks. When I had my daughter it was like snot. But im havin a boy now n from the beginnin til yesterday it was like snot n now its like a big change n the discharge. Should wait to call the dr or wait til my next aptmnt n 2wks. Or should i get checked. I dont want to seem like im stupid n it be nothin to worry abt
November 3rd, 2010, 10:21 AM
Yesterday I started having a lot more discharge than normal. It has a bit of a brown-ish color to it but it mostly looks like the mucus that comes from your nose when you have a bad bad cold. Could this be my mucus plug? I was also wondering if I should contact my doctor about the discharge. I am currently 34 weeks pregnant and on bed rest because I started having signs of pre-term labor a little over a week ago. Any help would be great help.
November 3rd, 2010, 11:13 AM
i would defenetly call your ob just in case
November 3rd, 2010, 11:57 AM
I would really apreciated if some one would get back to me well if been contracting sins monda i had dilated 1cm but nw im passing my mucus plug and still contracting im 38 weeks and im so ready for this to happen the tuthis that ive ready had to more babys but ive never been thru this ive always been induced what should i do?
July 21st, 2011, 12:49 PM
I am a first time mom, & i just lost my mucus plug. I am kind of freaking out bc i have no clue whats going to happen next. Does this mean im about to go into labor, i am already dilated 2 & thinning..
March 7th, 2012, 04:35 PM
I'm only 26 weeks pregnant and I'm already loosing my mucus plug. I'm not cramping but ive been having constant back pain... anybody knw if this is okay or should i worry.
May 21st, 2012, 06:15 PM
okay i only have 11 days to go but i have been losing my Mucous Plug for almost 2 months now and friday i only dilated 1cm but i have been in a lot of pain and it hurts sometimes to walk or even get out of bed but this is my second one and i have never had any of this happen with my first so could anyone help me and tell me whats going on?
July 12th, 2012, 11:56 PM
I'm not sure if I lost my mucus plug or not. It wasn't bloody or anything but it was a tiny glob of white "discharge" I'm 34 weeks pregnant with my second child. Help?
August 26th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Im 35 wks 6 days. Tomorrow officially 36 weeks. And this morning I woke up to go to the restroom ans when I wiped I was staring my my mucous plug. Very s'not like, and bloody. Definitely gave me a scare. So I called my doctor and she informed me not to be alarmed. And to keep an eye on my contractions lengths & times. Frequency etc. Im dilated 3 cm mind you.. and this is my first baby! So I am very nervous. I've never been through this with anyone before either.. im the baby or the family and im having the first grandbaby as well! Ill be 24 in october! Mom is in Ethiopia and my sis is in Austin where I am in Houston! My support team of females is pretty spread out and it looks like this little bundled is trying to make his appearance soon! Any tips on staying calm and not having anxiety?!
October 19th, 2013, 02:28 PM
I also recommend the <strong><a href="http://goo.gl/OKjez">PREGNANCY MIRACLE GUIDE</a></strong> for information on losing your mucous plug and pregnancy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search