Foods to Avoid During Pregnancy

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Quote:
It’s important to eat well-balanced meals and take prenatal vitamins during your pregnancy so that your developing baby can get all the essential nutrients it needs to grow strong.  You should consume about 300 additional calories a day during this time.
Read more
February 24th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Also CIGARETTES ! you miss to write that...Anyways,thanks a lot for the information,its useful
June 20th, 2010, 06:03 PM
Wow thats great!! Thanks for the info Maria T. Pepin..
I love your post..
@LordsGirl CIGARETTES is not a food, but still you are right, cigarettes are very harmful to a pregnant woman...
August 17th, 2010, 07:50 AM
Definitely going to miss my sushi, but it will be soooo worth it
September 6th, 2010, 08:44 AM
I don't really eat seafood but ever since I got pregnant I have been craving but I haven't ate any as yet so now I kno I have to becareful
September 24th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Thanks for the advice Maria. I must admit I wasn't aware of some of the risks from fish products. I always assumed all fish types would be healthy because they were high in protein and fish oils.
September 29th, 2010, 02:37 PM
I really think this article was really useful! I've spoken to many expectant mothers and not many know about what types of fish are ok.
October 7th, 2010, 10:25 AM
I wasn't too surprised about the fish information, but it did spark my curiosity about exactly what kinds of foods I should be staying away from. After searching around on the Internet for a good day or so, I did find some really helpful sites that gave me some great nutritional information.

I think the one food that I was surprised about not being able to eat while pregnant was lunch meat. I am a total sandwich person and would eat one for every meal if I could. But really, the sacrifice is totally worth it.
April 23rd, 2011, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngk02 View Post
Thanks for the advice Maria. I must admit I wasn't aware of some of the risks from fish products. I always assumed all fish types would be healthy because they were high in protein and fish oils.
Fish products can be very high in mercury which is a known neurotoxin. The higher the fish is upon the food chain the more mercury content it may have. I have been using Nordic Natural fish products which I believe to be the most pure on the market. Whole Foods (whole wallet) carries them but I have found a better resource online at momEmineral dot com. It's a vitamin retailer online that focuses on women's health and they only carry the best products. Their site is super cute and really professional. I enjoy supporting other women owned businesses!!

PS. Carlson Labs also makes really good fish oil products. Omega fatty acids, folinic acid, and a good multi vitamin's are what my doctor recommended and my nails, hair, and skin are glowing.
June 9th, 2011, 05:25 PM
1st time mama <3
This article is so useful! I literally just joined this website, and the nutrition questions were one of my biggest concerns. Thanks so much..although I must say a lot of my favourite things are on the "do not" list. Goodbye feta.
April 9th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Ive been eating sushi and its my second trimester now! YIKES
May 11th, 2012, 02:48 AM
hey , i am experiencing pregnancy signs like i feel cramps on left side of lower abdomen and sumtimes in stoimach. i feel sleepy and tired spl in morning nd evening time. food craving is there. frequent urination is der. my breast are heavier than before . my lmp was on 12th apr2012 and i had intercourse b/w 26-4-12 to 2-5-2012 . can any1 plz help me out dat m i pregnant.
July 12th, 2012, 04:48 AM
Thanks for u advice
August 22nd, 2012, 03:59 AM
Im 7weeks pregnant, an i like all the dos and donts. Its awesome!
November 24th, 2012, 05:02 AM
I'm 4 weeks pregnant and I'm really glad for the tips being its my first pregnancy and I really don't have a clue.
February 19th, 2013, 04:47 AM
I'm glad i read this I didnt know about the deli meats and i have been craving roast beef sandwiches
July 9th, 2013, 03:59 AM
Regular
Thanks for sharing such a informative blog on foods to be avoided during pregnancy. Though many of us may be well aware of the above restrictions but they don't seems to get bothered with their outcome & continues to lead a lifestyle as they are used to, hence it is necessary for them to say goodbye to this food habit during initial period or advance period.
July 9th, 2013, 09:30 PM
Wow, some of these foods I didn't avoid. Thankful, my baby turned out okay. Next time around, I'll stay away from them.
October 10th, 2013, 11:26 PM
Nice advise. No doubt these foods should be avoid during pregnancy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search