Subchorionic Hematoma

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 27th, 2010, 08:30 PM
I'm glad to have found this site..i'm currently 12 weeks and 5 days ago i spent the nite awake because i was feeling really uncomfortable with what i thought was gas pain. At 6:30 am i went to pass urine and when i got up there was a small amount of blood in the toilet i immediatly assumed I was misscarrying and freaked out. Me and my husband have been trying to get pregnant for over 5 years and this is our first ever pregnancy. My hubby took me to my OB since I had an apptmt. with him that very morning anyway. He did a pelvic exam and said my cervix was closed which he said was good news he then did a vaginal sono and we saw our healthy baby moving around with a very strong heartbeat. Right at that moment I felt something warm just pouring out of me it turns out I was gushing blood. The tech tried to act like it was nothing but I could see in my hubby's face it was a whole lot of blood. After examining me again, taking blood to determine my blood type, giving me a shot and explaining to me my condition the doc said to just go home and stay in bed and come back the next day. That day I was in soo much pain all day but the blood slowed down throughout the day and night by the time i went back the next day there was only blood when i wiped and it was not red anymore but more wine brownish color the doc told me to stay on bed rest until he sees me again next week. I'm soo scared of loosing this baby...I'm trying to stay optimistic but then I'm afraid of being unprepared to handle the worst if it comes I'm trying to rely on my faith and just believe in the power of prayer...I appreciate all the stories I've read here it has made me feel more informed and prepared.
August 29th, 2010, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRISTE View Post
I am so sorry Rljohnson8. I too lost my little one on July 3rd. It was just last week, so the wound in my heart is still so fresh. I first visited this site about 6 weeks ago. I found it while searching for info on SCH. I had never heard of it. I started bleeding at about 11 weeks. It was only spotting but I freaked out as I don't normally bleed during pregnancy. I went to an emergency Gynae dept. They scanned me and told me I had a blood clot under the placenta and thats the cause of the bleed and that I would bleed for a while until the clot cleared. The bleeding was light, no pain. It cleared after 2 weeks and then started again. By this time I had gone for my proper scan. The clot was still there but my baby was fine and I saw baby for the first time! The bleeding started again, slight brownish blood. I read entries on this site and most moms were quite positive and so I did not worry too much!
However last week on Wednesday I started bleeding at night, bright fresh blood with clots and slight discomfort. I was scared. My hubby took me to hospital. I had a check up, they picked up baby's heartbeat and then the Gyn/Ob did a scan and reassured me that my baby was fine. We went home. I spent Thursday resting and no bleeding all day. However at night I felt unsettled. I woke up around 3am in pain and I was bleeding quite heavily and I passed some really large clots which I bagged to show at the hospital. We went back to the hospital at about 8am. I was checked out, the doctor told me my cervix was closed and it didnt look like I had miscarried. She requested a scan. At about 11am I had a scan, I saw my little one alive, waving little arms and feet about. I was filled with joy. The doctor advised me to go home, rest and just monitor the bleeding. I went home but I felt tired and a little feverish. I went to bed early on Friday night. I was woken up around midnight by pain in my lower abdomen. It was really bad, like really painful period pains. It got worse and worse. I eventually took some ibuprofen - it didnt help. After about 2 hours of excruciating pain, I felt like i needed the bathroom. I went in, had a bowel action - then I felt some warm liquid followed by something solid. I didnt want to think the worst. Surely it couldnt be my baby - I had seen baby just a few hours earlier on the scan. I screamed and my husband came in. i told him but said to him I was scared to look. He looked in the toilet, there was nothing but blood. He then wore some gloves and felt around. Next thing I heard was a hertbreaking moan from him. I was hysterical, asked him if it was the baby. My hubby looked really pained and advised me not to look! Anyway I was taken to hospital at about 3am on Sat 3 July, I was in shock and spent the rest of the day crying. I had a fever, no appetite! The next day I asked if I could see my baby. I don't know how I did it, I had earlier refused-I didnt think I had the strength. But I know now it was therapeutic. It was tiny, but perfectly formed, weirdly beautiful. So why, why couldn't my baby stay in my belly until it was full term? I have lost count of the number of time people have said, "maybe it wasnt meant to be"; or "its just one of those things" .

I am sorry for rambling, but I am still in so much pain. I can't believe my little angel gone. I have other kids, this was meant to be our last. I know I have to be strong for my other kids, but its so hard. To everyone who is pregnant and has a SCH, I wish you all the best. I really wouldnt want any of you wonderful mommies to go thru what I am going thru. I suppose it is good news that only a minority of SCH pregnancies will end in miscarriage.
Your story made me cry because I had two miscarriages and had a similar situation happen to me. My heart goes out to you and at some point you will feel better but it takes a long time. I suffered two miscarriages back to back before I had my son and I felt like my world was coming to an end. It is like a knife went through your heart and no one is there to help remove it!
I am pregnant again now almost 8 wks and I just had bleeding yesterday. I thought for sure I was having a miscarriage (which I may still be having one) but this site has given me hope. I will be calling the dr. tomorrow (Monday) so I can get an us and find out what is going on. I don't know how I will handle a third miscarriage but I thank God for my 13 month old son- my angel.
September 16th, 2010, 01:36 PM
i was also told i have a subchorionic hematoma. i have no bleeding at all. i was told this 2 weeks after i had gone to the er over lower stomach pain. they did the us and said the babys heartbeat was wonderful and i had nothing to worry about. they did not give me any restrictions at all. should i be worryed even though i am not bleeding and they told me everything was great with no restrictions?
September 24th, 2010, 09:01 AM
I found out when i was 6 weeks that i had a SCH i was terrified because i read all the comments on here and other internet sites, it made me feel like i was for sure going to loose my baby.. Which I am now 23 weeks perfectly healthy baby and NO sign of my SCH in my ultrasound and NO bleeding.. So ladies it is very possible to have a perectly healthy baby and pregnancy with a SCH.
September 26th, 2010, 08:12 AM
I am 19 weeks and found out I have an sch. It is scary! I have had no bleeding or spotting for 4 days, then this morning I had a little spotting while going to the bathroom. Has anyone had an SCh at the same stage I am?
October 2nd, 2010, 12:06 PM
I am 40 years old, I've had three c sections. I am on my fourth child and just found out that there is a massive clot in the uteris with the child. There has been 2 different occasions when I have had large amounts of bleeding and a large amount of pain. I want to know if this is a dangerous situation and if I can get any kind of information sent to me on what not to do and what to do.
October 3rd, 2010, 04:50 PM
Hi KSolly,
I was just diagnosed with SCH too. I didn't even ask the size but it looked pretty big a week ago and then just yesterday the Dr. said it appeared to be smaller but that he couldn't really tell. I am also not bleeding (knock o wood and praying all the time).
Did you wind up healing easily or did you bleed? I hope everything went very well for you - I just haven't found anyones else yet who has a SCH but no bleeding.
Thanks for sharing,
angelle
October 7th, 2010, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommychelle View Post
I am 19 weeks and found out I have an sch. It is scary! I have had no bleeding or spotting for 4 days, then this morning I had a little spotting while going to the bathroom. Has anyone had an SCh at the same stage I am?
Hi there,
I am 20wks and 4 days pregnant and I was diagnosed with a large SCH at 14.5 wks. I have had 3 u/s and it is just starting to clot. I think the later it happens, the longer it takes to resolve (depending on the size) and if it actually does resolve. I am trying to stay positive but it is so scary. I have been spotting for weeks but just stopped yesterday. The baby is measuring larger than expected so the SCH hasn't restricted growth but I am so worried that I am going to lose my baby. I have another u/s in 4 wks to check the status and I pray that the SCH is getting smaller and that my baby makes it.
I feel so worried for everyone going through this. I know how difficult this is and I wish everyone the best of luck. Let's hope we all are fortunate enough to carry our little ones to term or as close as possible so they have a fighting chance at life. Take care.
October 8th, 2010, 09:05 AM
I am also 19 weeks along and have had bleeding & clotting off and on for about 6 weeks. I just found out 2 days ago that I have SCH. My doctors say they usually go away with no harm to baby or mom, but this is one of the scariest things I've had to deal with. I would gush blood sometimes. Other times (including the past few days) i just pass what feels like big clots while i go to the bathroom. I've had 5 u/s in the past 2 months. Thank GOD my baby is doing ok. He is growing at a normal rate and everything esle seems fine. I'm just scared and everytime i pass a clot, i start to freak out. Anyone with this condition, i hope you and your baby make it thru without any other complications and i pray that you and baby are healty when this is all over!!!
October 8th, 2010, 06:42 PM
MamaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was diagnosed with SCH at 6 weeks after spotting at home with my second pregnancy this past spring. I was followed with several ultrasounds that showed a healthy baby with a strong heartbeat but I continued to have heavy bleeding episodes at home. Finally at 8 weeks I hemorrhaged at home and my ultrasound the following morning showed the baby had died.

I have read this affects less than 1% of pregnancies, and that in that 1% only 3 % or so lose the baby, but it seems like I have read SO MANY stories of losing the baby, even on this thread. It is hard to believe those reassuring statistics, especially when I am in the minority and my baby died.

I'm currently newly pregnant with # 3 and hoping I won't have a repeat SCH, I have an ultrasound in 3 weeks and am waiting and praying until then.

October 11th, 2010, 06:17 AM
I am currently 20 weeks 4 days. I was diagnosed with a SCH at 12 weeks after going to the ER after a very heavy bleed. We thought we lost the baby because of the large amounts of blood clots luckily baby was still there waving away at the scan. Unforturately my DR disagreed with the ER and said I had a large fibriod which may have bled out. I kept bleeding for a few weeks and had a further two more scans to check on baby. Then 6 weeks later at 18 weeks I had a scan to check on my fibroid, 2 hours later after the scan I am bleeding and being rushed to the ER. They scanned me the following morning and baby was still there kicking away but yet again no mention of the SCH. FINALLY at my 20 week scan they noticed my large 7cm blood clot that is inbetween the uterus and placenta. The baby at the moment measures normal except the legs are smaller than average due to the thick placenta and lack of nutrients baby is receiving. What makes me angry is that I could have been on a blood thinner since 12 weeks which may have reduced the hematoma. Long story short there IS a reason why you are bleeding and do not ever except that some women just bleed during pregnancy. About baby I get a scan in three weeks to see if baby is ok but most likely our little one is going to be born premature if she can make it a few more weeks.
October 26th, 2010, 09:56 PM
Hello I am 8 1/2 weeks pregnant and i have been diagnosed with with sch. i have had 2 previous miscarriages and im really scared about this pregnacy.At 6 weeks i went into the ER bleeding and i had 2 boodclot i was forsure that i had lost my baby but to my surprise they heard a heartbeat. Even though i have not been cramping im still spotting on and off, Somedays lighter then others. I was now told to take it easy and be on bedrest until i finish my first trimester. Although I am very nervous I just pray and put everything in God's Hands. I wish the best of luck to everyone. We will soon have healthy babies!
October 31st, 2010, 08:07 PM
im 13 weeks pregnant and i have sch. when i was 9 weeks pregnant i was spotting with very light blood and decided to go to the er. on my way there i felt a huge gush of fluid and when i looked down it looked like water with a little bit of blood. while i was in the er the gusging happened about 2 more times. i had an ultrasound and the baby was fine. it had a normal heartbeat and normal fluid. the doctors could not explain what happened and told me to go home and make a doctors appt. the next day the outpatient services called me and told me i needed to go back to the er to do more ultrasound pictures. They found a large mass of blood and told me it was a large blood clot (sch). At 12 weeks 6 days i woke up with a heavy dark red almost brown bleeding. i rushed to the er they told me the blood clot is ever bigger and it looks like the baby is detaching from the uterus. while i was at the er the bleeding mostly went away and i only see a light spotting when i wipe. i am also having cramps. it looks like the odds are against my little baby but im trying to keep the faith.

Last edited by mmy2times; November 1st, 2010 at 09:05 PM. Reason: typo
November 1st, 2010, 09:00 PM
im just so happy there are people who i can talk to. i felt so lost as if i was the only one with this because ive never heard about it. my next appointment is 11/09 i will keep you all posted. my blood clot is 7.1cm so im really praying for a miracle. we all need to have faith. i wish everyone the best! to all the moms that have lost their babies im so sorry and may god bless all of you.
November 1st, 2010, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaRN View Post
I was diagnosed with SCH at 6 weeks after spotting at home with my second pregnancy this past spring. I was followed with several ultrasounds that showed a healthy baby with a strong heartbeat but I continued to have heavy bleeding episodes at home. Finally at 8 weeks I hemorrhaged at home and my ultrasound the following morning showed the baby had died.

I have read this affects less than 1% of pregnancies, and that in that 1% only 3 % or so lose the baby, but it seems like I have read SO MANY stories of losing the baby, even on this thread. It is hard to believe those reassuring statistics, especially when I am in the minority and my baby died.

I'm currently newly pregnant with # 3 and hoping I won't have a repeat SCH, I have an ultrasound in 3 weeks and am waiting and praying until then.
I feel the same way. I think I have only read about 3 moms who carried and delivered a healthy live baby. At the same time I will not give up and Im happy you are still trying. Dont give up the hope we are all in the same boat.
November 2nd, 2010, 07:11 AM
MamaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just wanted to update, I am now 7 weeks along and I unfortunately do have another SCH with this pregnancy. As of last week it was as big as the baby and it's sac. I go back tomorrow for another ultrasound and hopefully to discuss a plan for this pregnancy. I am not having bleeding or spotting yet with this pregnancy, and I am praying that I do not lose this baby also.

November 3rd, 2010, 09:39 AM
Im also happy to know I can share this experience...time seems to go by really slowlly and my doctors is from the "wait and see" school.
I also found the information on this page to be very accurate and similar to what my doctor said.
Im 8 weeks pregnant and had no bleeding for the past two days. I found out I had SCH on week 6 and had a new US on week 7 were no changes were detected, still had the same size but the good thing was the baby was fine and growing.
I have one more week of bed-sofa-bathroom until my next US.Hope everything is fine.

Im now collecting Us with not only my new baby but also my hematoma.I hope soon enough I will be able to say goodby to it and just enjoy my baby on the screen...

Im posting these weeks on my blog:
http://2ourbaby.blogspot.com/search/label/COMPLICATIONS
November 8th, 2010, 07:54 PM
I am currently 13 weeks pregnant, and have a "moderately large" subchorionic hematoma. This is my second pregnancy and my second SCH. My last preg I was Dx with a SCH @ 13 weeks and it was gone by the time I was 19 weeks and I have a beautiful and healthy baby boy - now 17 months old The last SCH was dx as small. With this SCH I started bleeding at almost 7 weeks, and really haven't stopped..always some sort of spotting or bleeding going on. The SCH is 5inches by 4 inches by like 2 or 3... and not getting any smaller. I just keep thinking that it will go away like the last one, and our baby will be ok. I wish all the best of luck!! and people do have success stories with SCH.
November 10th, 2010, 01:27 AM
I am about 26 weeks along. I was originally diagnosed with a SCH when I was 12 weeks. I started to bleed soon after and my doctor convinced me that meant it was "shrinking". When they first seen it the tech told me it was around 2.4cm long. at my 20 week ultrasound I seen a larger dark area and knew it had not gone away. At 20 weeks it measured 8.9 cm long and was about 3.2 cm in diameter. I am 26 weeks now and it has yet to "go away" I havnt bleed but I have stomach cramps, and my whole stomach feels like one big bruise. The doctor is worried that I wont make it passed 32 weeks, something about fetal growth restriction. I am a nervous wreck and would like to just have someone who may have experienced the same thing to help ease my mind.
November 17th, 2010, 08:08 PM
After trying for 6 months to get pregnant after I stopped taking the birth control shot we finally go pregnant with our Son. I started bleeding very heavily at 7 weeks. It was the most blood I have ever seen in my life! I called my husband who rushed home to find our master bathroom covered in blood and me doubled over on the floor in pain. He rushed me to the hospital and they didn't a blood test to see how much of the pregnancy hormone was in my blood. My pregnancy hormone was over 66,000 which is off the charts for a single fetus pregnancy so they ordered a emergency ultrasound and discovered that our baby still had a heartbeat. I was told that I had a SCH that was 1.2mm and it was a common thing and some women don't have any bleeding some do that it should clear up on its own. The next day my OB told me it had grown to 1cm. (In a matter of 8 hours) I was put on light bedrest. At 14 weeks my bleed had grown to 8cm and I was told if my cervix wasn't in good shape that a number of different things could happen and I might want to end my pregnancy. With out a question we were not ending this pregnancy. A 16 week we were sent to a specialist because our son had a cyst in his brain and it looked like he had a blockage in his bowel. He had swallowed a piece of my SCH and it was making his bowel look blocked but they told us it would hurt anything and that his cyst was in a part of his brain were it could never bother him. At 20 weeks my bleeding picked up and I was put on full bedrest. At 26 weeks the ultrasound showed that our son's cyst had disappeared. At 30 weeks I began having contractions every 20 minutes and was ordered to keep with the bedrest. At 37 weeks I delivered our son he was 5lbs 02oz but perfect. I was not. 17 min after our son was born I was rushed into the OR for a emergency D&C to remove my placenta that attached itself to the scar tissue my bleed had left behind when it started to reduce. My son is now 15 months old and we are both healthy. I just went in for my yearly and was told that I still had signs of my SCH being there. We would like to have another baby and I scared that the SCH is going to return with my next pregnancy. We have been off birth control for 6 months now and no baby yet.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search