Subchorionic Hematoma

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 3rd, 2010, 12:37 AM
Quote:
Decades ago, when a woman presented with early trimester bleeding, doctors assumed it was an impending miscarriage. They had no other information to go on. Now with the help of ultrasound technology, doctors are able to make a more definitive diagnosis.
Read more
March 3rd, 2010, 12:37 AM
hi i have just found out i have a masive sch at the size of 7cm by 3.9cm, i wood like to know if asprin wil help and if this wil heal, im 12 weeks and im very frightened of getting to far then loosing it, someone please help if you have answers
March 4th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Hi, I just found out yesterday that I a SCH. It is small at 3mm by 16mm but I have had 2 miscarriages in the past 2 years and am very nervous as well. Are you having a lot of cramping with yours? I am, which is scary. I only spotted a little and that has seemed to stop. I take a baby asprin every day because of my prior miscarriages. Many doctors advice this. I have done a lot of reading online and it seems that most women with this go on to have a healthy pregnancy. I am on bed rest and go back in for another ultrasound on Monday. What is your latest?
March 13th, 2010, 10:06 AM
I'm 14 weeks pregnant and was diagnosed with SCH at 7 weeks. It appears to be getting better and I go in Wednesday for another check. My husband met someone who also had SCH and now has a healthy baby girl. I'm meeting her next week and will give you more information afterwards. I know we all feel like we're alone in this, so any support is great.
March 13th, 2010, 04:45 PM
I had a SCH. I started bleeing at 4 1/2 weeks and the clot had gone away by 12 weeks gestation. My doctor said there was no evidence to prove it's benefit, but put me on bedrest until 24 hours after the bleeding subsided and progesterone twice a day. My pregnancy carried on with no further complications related to the SCH.
March 16th, 2010, 11:33 AM
I have been diagnosed with a SCH. I started spotting at about 5 or 6 weeks just brown. Then at 8 weeks I had a MAJOR bleed. I was at my sons baseball game and ran to the bathroom because I thought for sure I was miscarrying. Went to the ER and had an US done. They said it was 10cm. The radiologist said I would probably miscarry that night because the amount of blood. The weird thing though is that my DR previously put me on Lovenox a blood thinner because I had a clot 7 years ago from a surgery which might explain the amount of blood loss. Dont know if that is helping me or not.I am now 10 weeks tomorrow and baby is still good as of yesterday. I have been spotting the WHOLE time and have had 3 additional heavy bleeds since then. They are like one a week. My Dr. gave me a 60-70 percent chance of carrying full term. This has been very stressfull but God is in control, and Jesus is in the business of healing. So ladies stay fervent in your prayers. There are PLENTY of women who make it through ok. More often than not.

Last edited by kparker0501; March 16th, 2010 at 11:46 AM.
April 14th, 2010, 01:20 PM
I am 8 weeks pregnant with twins and was diagnosed with SCH at 6 weeks. I am home on bedrest and have had 3 major bleeding episodes. Twins heartbeats are very good. i stil have light staining and feel crampy lately. does anyone else have cramping/pressue? thanks...
April 14th, 2010, 05:36 PM
I actually was eating dinner last night, when all of a sudden I realized I was bleeding. I freaked out. I am 8 weeks and 3 days on, and haven't had any spotting or bleeding at all. I got really scared because I thought it was my period. I went to the ER and they did a US and said everything was normal and that the baby has an excellent heartbeat...so, what now? I read that a small SCH shouldn't have much impact, but I can't help but still be worried.

As of now, I am no longer bleeding, just a bit crampy.
April 15th, 2010, 06:43 PM
hi Michele,

the bleeding can happen whenever and there is really nothing we can do to stop it. You just have to rest and take it easy. No intercourse, no heavy lifting my Dr. said. I have been home from work for 2 weeks to relax. My babies heartbeats are good too, so we just have to keep that in mind. the bleeding is scary but hopefully the hematoma will resolve on its own soon. I do have quite a bit of cramping though which really bothers me.... hang in there! I am in your boat too, also 8 weeks pregnant.
April 18th, 2010, 07:53 AM
Hi Everyone,

At around 12 weeks, I was diagnosed with a SCH. Around 19 weeks, I went to a high risk pregnancy clinic, and they said the hematoma was thinning very well. From 12 weeks to 19 weeks, I had had a lot of brown "old" blood come out. I was told I could still go about my usual routine, just no heavy lifting, jumping and running around, etc. This past Wednesday, I woke up with horrible cramps, which were actually contractions. I went to my OB and she sent me to the hospital. They tried brethene to stop the contractions and sent me home. I was back in less than an hour, the brethene did nothing. The hospital sent me by ambulance to a medical clinic that specializes in high risk pregnancies. I was put on magnesium sulfate for about 48 hours. That really seemed to quiet my uterus, which was contracting to get all the blood out. Once they took me off the magnesium sulfate, I did fine on my own for several hours. April 17th, at about 1:00 in the morning, I woke up with bad contractions. They put me on pain medication so I wouldn't feel the contractions. They said they couldn't do anything else because it was so early in the pregnancy. It didn't feel early in the pregnancy to me. When you see and hear your baby's heartbeat, find out the sex, and feel him kick in you, you aren't early in the pregnancy anymore. I gave birth to a 20 week old baby yesterday morning. He lived for two hours on his own before he left us. I went through the contractions and the normal birthing process only to come home with a keepsake box of his footprints. This is so hard on me and my husband, and it makes me question if I can go through another pregnancy. I loved my little boy, and I wish this didn't have to happen to him. He was perfect - no birth defects, strong heartbeat, always over the weight he should be in the preganncy books I have read. He did nothing wrong. This SCH made me lose my baby.
April 18th, 2010, 05:05 PM
mdickson,
we love you hedah
April 22nd, 2010, 11:24 AM
I am 13 weeks and 5 days and found out this week that I have a SCH. With several ultrasounds the dr has confirmed that the baby is doing excellent and the SCH is not harming the baby at all. I am however on bedrest for the next 3 weeks pending another ultrasound. I have been resting and the bleeding was very heavy and has reduced. At first I had bright red blood and now it is turning a brownish color. The dr told me it is large and that I could bleed for a while but that it is not harming the baby as of right now. I had a miscarriage in December 09 so I am very nervous!
April 29th, 2010, 01:02 AM
Hi all. SCH is new to me, and so I take comfort in knowing that I am not alone with this. I am 15 weeks, with twins, and have had 3 major bleeding episodes so far. Talk about being scared! After every US, I was told that my babies were fine and that I should go on bed rest. I am hanging in there, and praying that everything will be just fine.
April 29th, 2010, 04:03 PM
AliciaF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a SCH with my 3rd pregnancy and started bleeding at 5w6d. I bled almost constantly from then until the end of the pregnancy at 20 weeks.

I started contracting around 12 weeks and bedrest kept me pregnant for another 8 weeks but at 20 weeks I completely abrupted and my son was stillborn.

I have gone on to have another child and that pregnancy was SCH free but it still hurts every day to miss my son.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy Follow us on Facebook

May 14th, 2010, 03:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hope2001r View Post
I am 13 weeks and 5 days and found out this week that I have a SCH. With several ultrasounds the dr has confirmed that the baby is doing excellent and the SCH is not harming the baby at all. I am however on bedrest for the next 3 weeks pending another ultrasound. I have been resting and the bleeding was very heavy and has reduced. At first I had bright red blood and now it is turning a brownish color. The dr told me it is large and that I could bleed for a while but that it is not harming the baby as of right now. I had a miscarriage in December 09 so I am very nervous!
Hi, I just went to doctor yesterday for a ultra sound. I am 15 weeks pregnant. I have been having cramps and a bad back ache. I was told that I have SCH. My baby is doing good but I am worried. I haven't had any vaginal bleeding but my doctor said it might happen to expel the clot. I am to go back in 3 weeks for a follow up ultra sound. In the mean time I am told to take it easy.

Do you have any advice??
May 14th, 2010, 03:49 AM
I went to the doctor yesterday and had an ulta sound. I am 15 weeks pregnant. The doc said that I have SCH. The baby is fine. I have been having cramps and lower back aches but no vaginal bleeding. I go back in 3 weeks to have another ultra sound to check on the SCH. I was told that I could bleed and not to worry if the blood was dark in color, for this would indicate that I am passing the clot.

I am scared and hope this isn't the start of another misscar
for me. I hope that the rest of you are doing better.
May 16th, 2010, 11:58 AM
I went to the doctor last week and confirmed that I am in fact pregnant, he believes I am about 6-8 weeks but have been told that I have a blood clot in my uterus.. I was sent for blood work, but he is not sending me for a ultra sound for two weeks.. Is this normal?? Why would he be waiting to send me for the ultra sound? I have Anticardiolipin and am a high risk pregnancy. Not only is he not sending me for an ultra sound, but he did not give me any instructions to stay off my feet either.. is this normal?
May 23rd, 2010, 10:24 PM
In September of 2009 I was diagnosed with SCH. I was told everything would be just fine I lost my son on Dec 9th the clot had pushed into the sac somehow and busted my water I did well for 3 days finally my body had enough. Though my son was only 5 months in gestation he was so beautiful.He was 9 inches long and 13 ounces.I blamed myself after losing him.It was not my fault but i have not realized it untill now.My only advice for you girls would be to not overdo it relax.Also try to refrain from sex as much as possible .I believe I might have not lost him if I had just done those things. God bless you all in Jesus name.
June 2nd, 2010, 01:49 PM
Super Mommy
I have never heard of such a thing before today. mine started as a light spotting a few days ago, and now its definately blood red with some clots. i went to the doctor panicy today, and they did the ultrasound. im 7w2d, and they said i have a 50/50 shot right now. scary. waiting for the bloodwork to come back and then again on friday to see if the hormone levels are still going up. that being said, both the radiologist and my doctor both have perfectly healthy babies and they had SCH. but he said you can lose a baby with very little bleeding or have a ton of bleed from sch and keep your baby. luck of the draw, i guess. i know friday seems like a loooong way off....
June 3rd, 2010, 08:40 PM
Hi I am currently 12 weeks pregnant today! one week ago slight brownish discharge when I wiped. This morning I took a shower and came downstairs and was on the phone when all of a sudden I had a huge gush of red blood! I went to the emergency room and was told after an ultrasound baby was fine and heartbeat was good. I was also told I to have sch! So scary not knowing what the outcome will be!! On bed rest and I will see my Dr. next week. Scary stuff, god bless and keeping you in my prayers!! Lilbit

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search