Who are the Most Controversial Celebrity Moms?

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2010, 08:58 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Quote:
Babble.com has just released their list of the most controversial celebrity moms.In position number one is Octomom Nadya Suleman. Although we aren't sure why she is in the "celebrity" category, we can't argue with her ranking.
Read more
March 26th, 2010, 08:58 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Some of these ladies I have a very easy time seeing on there, and others I wonder how they made the list. I personally don't like Kate Gosselin, but it seems to me that she is very attentive to her children, and how can anyone complain about Michelle Duggar? If their kids were running around all crazy like, and they were living off the government, sure, but they aren't. They really deserve to be called "blessed."
March 28th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Amy B.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with you about Michelle Duggar. I think she's doing a fantastic job!

Thank you, peimum, for my beautiful siggy!

March 30th, 2010, 08:37 PM
Jean Grey's Avatar Veteran
I don't think controversial means "bad". I agree that the Duggars appear to be caring and attentive parents, but you can't deny that their family stirs up a lot of debates--especially on parenting boards!

April 19th, 2010, 08:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I actually really like the Duggars. They work hard for what they have, they do really seem to be good parents, their kids are extremely well behaved and they don't seem to let the fame of their show go to their head. I can see why they are considered controversial though, their family is not at all the norm and I think it's hard for people to accept their lifestyle. Also, I think that maybe since the family does seem to be so well adjusted, people just want to look for something negative to say about them and the only thing they can come up with is to comment on the number of children.
April 21st, 2010, 09:38 AM
Mis-Bis
My issue with the Duggars is that they seem to just be having kids for the attention. When the daughter-in-law was pregnant and they announced the gender on tv, the mom was holding her only a few months old little girl. When the daughter-in-law had the baby, the mom announced that she was pregnant. It was like she couldn't be one upped by the daughter-in-law. Even though her littlest was like 5 or 6 months old she just had to get pregnant again. I don't think it's fair to the oldest to have so many children because inevitably they have to help out with raising them and that usually steals their childhood.

Anyway, I'm just really surprised that Jenny McCarthy is on the list. What she campaigns for is controversial, not how she mothers her son. She is a wonderful mother who has done a lot for Evan. He wouldn't have progressed as much as he has without all of the work she put in. She shouldn't be on the list.
April 21st, 2010, 10:28 AM
I have to agree I am split on some of the people on the list. Of COURSE I understand the octomom and somewhat Kate Gosselin. I think with octomom she wants to be the person that Kate is and I think the women is very unstable. Kate (although not a fan) does seem to have a level head on her shoulders and I think a lot of the controversy comes from all the shows, ect. that she is doing taking away from her kids. But it is harder now (I wish they would have just did the one special in the beginning) and Jon kept his job obviously they were doing just fine then but they got a little of the fame and I think now they dont know how to live the normal life they used to live.
I agree with the above post that Jenny McCarthy may have some contoversy with the campaigning but she seems to be a great mom.
May 22nd, 2010, 09:29 AM
isthereabunintheoven's Avatar Regular
I totally agree with you Docsmama. I think the Duggars should stop having sex around ovulation time! Just because they dont want to use any kind of birth control dosent mean you cant be a little careful. She is getting old too...her body cant handle having that many pregnancies...what is she going to do when she is like 50,60,70...still be popping out a kid a year?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search