Benefits of Soy for Children

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 9th, 2010, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Many moms want to give their children a great start in life by teaching them healthy eating habits.  Exposing your kids to a variety of healthy food and beverage choices while they are young will help them to become healthy adults.  Since children develop food preferences at a young age, the preferences they have now may influence how they eat all the way into adulthood. 
Read more
May 9th, 2010, 08:37 AM
Soy is NOT A HEALTH FOOD!!! It's too bad that this article perpetuates this myth. Research is clearly showing that soy can increase risk for some cancers, decrease iron levels, promote hypothyroid, and a host of other problems. I hope that mothers will NOT give their children or toddlers soy milk.

If you need lactose free options, use almond, rice, or goat's milk!!! Stay away from soy. Here is the research on soy:
http://www.westonaprice.org/Soy-Alert/index.php
http://maverickmom.com/wordpress/2010/04/soy-is-spelled-b-a-d/
July 26th, 2010, 08:18 AM
Soy is Not as harmless as they put it out to be. Where soy does not contain any synthetic hormones, Soy itself acts as a hormone. Estrogen to be exact. Which can be especially harmful for Male children, and can contribute to breast cancer later in life for your females. I love the taste of soy, but understanding the dangers of soy I do not feed it to my children and keep it to a minimum with myself (once every few years). If you would like to see the research of Dr. Michael Lam please check out this link. Soy and Estrogen Dominance . This article only shows the positive aspects of soy, but the negative greatly out weighs the positives. Especially when it comes to the development of your male children, please read the link I posted before serving this to your children.

Last edited by khurtsmom; July 26th, 2010 at 08:40 AM. Reason: trying to link the web address
August 25th, 2010, 10:07 AM
Great information you have provided thanks. I have a question I have 4 years old son but he dont like meal and at the time of meal he runs away. what kind of food may be given to him.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search