Clomid and Twins: What are your chances of having twins if you take Clomid?

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By read baby

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 9th, 2010, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Almost everyone has heard of Clomid.  It is one of the most commonly prescribed fertility medications and it has a great reputation for increasing a woman’s fertility.  In fact, it has such a great reputation for boosting fertility that many women assume that taking Clomid will greatly increase your chances of having twins.  While it certainly can increase your odds of
Read more
May 9th, 2010, 11:10 PM
can clomid be bought over the counter or even without prescription?
May 10th, 2010, 07:11 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgeous_28 View Post
It is illegal to buy Clomid without a prescription.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
December 31st, 2010, 01:53 PM
My husband and I have been trying to convieve for the last year and have had no luck so far so we went to the Dr. I started On December 10th and began taking 50mg Clomid on cd's 3-7. On CD 11 I had a ultra sound that showed two really good follicles ( around 20-24 in size) and they gave me a shot of HCG , the following day CD12 was my OVD and we did a IUI, My husbands sperm count was 70 million with 90% mibilty. Does this mean I have a higher chance of concieve? And if I do concieve does it raise my chances of having twins?
tmac likes this.
December 31st, 2010, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgeous_28 View Post
I have read and seen that you can buy it over the counter but its hard to say if I is safe or as reliable ??
December 31st, 2010, 03:29 PM
Delekatala's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Delekatala
I am gonna be the party pooper who chimes in and says Please do not take clomid just to try to have multiples.

A multiple pregnancy is no picnic, it is a risk to both mother and babies. It is 4 times harder than a singleton.

I took clomid because I do not ovulate on my own, got pregnant with twins. Gave birth 3 months early, and one of my twins suffered from a painful disease caused by prematurity and subsequently passed away at 16 days old.

Ask anyone on the moms of multiples board, We love our babies, but would tell anyone NOT to try for twins.

One big fat healthy baby is plenty of joy!
January 3rd, 2011, 05:53 PM
Im so sorry to hear that. I am only trying for one that would be great! I also dont ovulate becuase I have pcos. it is very frustrating. I will be very happy if I could just get pregnant soon!
April 20th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Is it in cvs store,how much?
April 23rd, 2012, 04:47 PM
My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for about 5 months. My doc just mentioned taking clomid....I'm on the fence about taking it because I think I would feel like a "failure" as a woman by not being able to conceive on our own. We ar both healthy and have no medical issues, should I wait or just try?
May 16th, 2012, 11:04 AM
I had to take Clomid and due to that, I am now watching my beautiful 7 and a half month old play. I don't think I'm a failure at all for needing a little help. Besides, how could I be a failure when I have an amazing baby to show for it?
June 9th, 2012, 10:03 AM
I am a fraternal twin myself and I am about to start taking clomid, my only question is if anyone has heard if you are a twin your chances of having twins are even higher?
January 22nd, 2013, 06:06 AM
Hi I am just starting my first cycle on clomid I don't have ovulation problems though and my husbands sperm count is great according to his lab results we have been trying to conceive for 11 years with no success. So the doctor gave me clomid and metaphormine. What do u guys think will it work for me am so scared cause we have waited so long. Any suggestions??
August 16th, 2013, 06:16 PM
I did 1 round of clomid due to low progesterone levels and conceived the first month. I found out at my 12 week sonogram i was having twins! We have no twins in either side of our families so it is very possible to conceive multiples on clomid.
October 19th, 2013, 01:56 PM
I also recommend the <strong><a href="http://goo.gl/OKjez">PREGNANCY MIRACLE METHOD</a></strong> to increase fertility and have twins naturally!
February 27th, 2014, 12:07 AM
Yes you can if you buy at a online pharmacy that doesn't ask for a prescription. I personally buy at saferonlinepharmacy.com

Last edited by derisan; February 28th, 2014 at 01:58 AM.
April 16th, 2014, 01:27 AM

Hi all. I have been on clomid or 4 years. Found out I was pregnant lastweek. WOW . I do think clomid is a goodway of helping when you have a problem, but i won’t recommend buying it withoutconsulting your doc first. I am a little bit scared as I am 6 weeks now andalready have a stomach..lol After waiting so long Ireally do pray for twins cause walking this road again is emotionally draining.Good luck to all the TTC mommies

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search