When Did I Conceive? How to Calculate Your Conception Date

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 17th, 2010, 08:22 AM
Quote:
 You’re pregnant! Now that you’ve received the wonderful news, one of the first questions you’ll want to know is “When is the baby due?” There are several key dates at the beginning of your pregnancy that can help you calculate your due date, including the first day of your last menstrual period and the date of conception.
Read more
May 17th, 2010, 08:22 AM
Hi,

I need some answers if possible, it might sound a bit complicating but i will try and make sense ha ha. I was with my ex boyfriend for a year and a half, we split up BUT i slept with him on the 6th Nov, and i came on my period on the saturday/sunday morning. On the following week 14th Nov i slept with this lad ( my bf now ) and then on the 11th Dec i found out i was pregnant,.But when i went for my 12 week scan they told me i was 12 weeks 5 days, which means i got pregnant on the 13th Nov. I am so confused please help
June 8th, 2010, 09:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
EmmaOxx, has anyone helped you with your question?

First of all, congratulations. The gift of life is a blessing from God.

It sounds to me that the medical professionals are relying on their typical calendar wheel -- which isn't actually very accurate. The first half of your cycle, from period to ovulation, is called the follicular phase. The second half, from ovulation to period again, is the luteal phase. While the luteal phase is almost always around 13-15 days, the follicular phase varies in length from woman to woman, even sometimes by as much as weeks, according to when ovulation takes place in the body.

I would need more information from you (period dates) to get a better idea, but it sounds to me that you ovulated later than the medically prescribed day 14 of the follicular phase (which most women do). This could be why the doctor says you conceived on the 13th, which by your calculation is one day too early to be possible! Also bear in mind that, during your fertile phase in the days leading up to ovulation, your body creates cervical fluid that can keep sperm still living for up to 5 days in order to give sperm the best chance of reaching their goal in the hour or so that the egg is finally in place. Once ovulation has occurred, it is no longer possible to get pregnant until the next cycle.

So... IF the doctor is assuming that 13th November was the day you ovulated, but in fact you did not ovulate until a more typical few days after that, it is highly possible that 1) you were in your fertile phase on 14th November, 2) your body kept the sperm alive, and 3) you ovulated and conceived in the day or several days later.

The medical professional practice of calculating all ovulation at day 14 of the follicular phase is incredibly unhelpful, inaccurate, and results in many more "emergency" c-sections and induced labor than is necessary. Every woman's body is different. Every cycle may be different, too, and it is a rarely blessed woman who can rely on a closely consistent cycle length from one month to the next! Most of us vary at least a day or two, the unluckier varying sometimes even by weeks. This means that a woman who ovulated later would be told that she were due on such-and-such a date, when in actuality she might not be due for another 3 to 10 days after that date!! Do you see how she and her baby could both be in perfect health and time, but the doctors would be pressing an induction on her on the basis that she is 10 days "late"?

I suggest that you do some research on your rights as a mother and a woman. Decide what care is best for you and your baby, and don't be bullied into a procedure that might not be the right thing for you -- whether that is in hospital or at home, with an OBGYN or with a midwife, with an induction or naturally, in water or in the stirrups, with medication or with massage or nothing. You have the rights to say what happens to your body. How comfortable and informed you are with the steps of labor, or how uncomfortable and invaded and confused you feel, can have a great impact on your post-natal physical recovery as well as emotional, the success of natural birth or whether your stress requires unplanned medical intervention, and how you bond with your child. Make an informed decision.
July 12th, 2010, 09:00 PM
hello to every one i have a question and i was wounding i somebody can help me ok i just receive news that i was serval days Pregnant and i decide to get the iud was that a rite thing to do im in my 30 with three kids and 1 miscarrage i was wounding if it too late did i lose the baby PLEASE HELP ON July 13 i surpose to go back for more blood work can somebody give me a response A>S>A>P oh yea did I tell you my tubes is Tie thanks for the reponse
June 22nd, 2011, 07:30 AM
i was with my partner for 2years, but near the end of our relationship i hade a 1 night stand (june 5th) i now have a son and cant worked out if hes my expartners.. my son was born on the 3rd febuary..? x
August 29th, 2011, 11:48 PM
hey can some1 help me plz,,,
in need of help badly
im 20 weeks my last period was on the 8th of april
it only went 4 about 3days the doctor and my mid wife have 2 diffrent dates that iam due 13jan 2012 or the 10jan 2012 i was with my partner for 9months we had sex the night we broke up then i had a sex with someone else 4days later can u help me with a date so the date i had sex was 15and the 18 with same person then 21 with some1 else please help
September 7th, 2011, 02:42 AM
hello my last period was 31st may - 5June on the 3rd i had sex with my ex (although he didnt ejaculate inside of me), i also slept with my current partner i think on 12 june but defo on 18th june and he did... my due date is 4th March 2011 my head is all over the place trying to work out when i would of conceived ? can anyone help me? please
October 6th, 2011, 08:58 PM
I need help!! please!! Ok... I had sex with a guy in nov. he said the last time we did anything was Nov. 24th. I had my period dec. 7th. had sex with whom was my boyfriend at the time in dec. in jan. i found out i was pregnant. my due date was sept. 18th. who could be my daughters father???? please, please help me out. i'm rly scared to have the guy who was my boyfriend at the time take a dna test.
October 6th, 2011, 09:09 PM
I need help!!! Had sex with a guy in Nov. He said the last time him and I did anything was on the 24th. had my period i believe I had my period dec 7th had sex with whom was my boyfriend at the time tht month. in jan. i found out i was pregnant. and my due date was sept. 18th. Who is the father of my daughter?? i'm struggling to figure it out. and i'm scared to to have the guy whom was my boyfriend at that time have a DNA test done. Will somebody please help me out??? it's got me so stressed. I made a mistake and i hope i'm not paying the price for it. please help me
November 17th, 2011, 07:35 PM
I am now 23 weeks pregnant and been surfing the web a lot lately trying to find out when I conceived I'm due on March 12, 2012 and very concerned about who might be the father of my child. Me and my boyfriend of 2 years broke up in June we had intercourse a lot never pulled out then on June 9th I had sex with a another guy we did use protection and after that that same weekend my and my current boyfriend got back together and been together since. Is it possible that my current boyfriend may not be the father it says my date I conceived was between June 13 to June 20th
November 20th, 2011, 10:14 PM
I need some help! Opinion! Anything, so I have been with my bf for 5 years now I had a one night stand on October 23 it was unprotected sex he used the pull out method well like 2-3 days later I had UN protected sex with my bf he did not pull well I am 1 week late I'm scared I'm PG if I am PG who's baby do you think it is I'm scared and need help. Oh and I was high firtil then too
November 21st, 2011, 05:37 PM
Hello, I need advise opinion something anything will help I had my last period on 10/17/11 and I had unprotected sex with this one Guy he pulled out before he went and then like 2 days later I had sex with my bf he did not pull out he went in me. I am a week or so late took 4 tests all negative well my question is who's baby is it most likley to be? Thank you
December 16th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Okay so i had a bf last year on november and we were on and off. We broke up this year 2011 on july 10. We last had unprotected sex on the last week of june but he took it out before he came inside me. After we broke up, a couple of days later i had sex with other guy. We use two condoms but they broke. He said that he didnt came. After i had sex with that guy on that same month i got my period. It was like around july 27, but my period wasnt normal. It only lasted 3 days and it was super light. Now im pergnant and im 24weeks today. My due date is on april 8, 2012. I need your help ! I dont know who the father could be.
January 17th, 2012, 11:27 PM
SMH - I can't stand when people stated that you are pregnant for 40 weeks which equals 10 months. Pathetic. Let's do a simple math problem shall we?

1 year = 365 days
365 days/12months= 30.4166days

so there are on average 30.4166 days in each month.

30.4166 days in a month / 7 days in a week = 4.3452 weeks in a month

(Look at a calendar... how many months can YOU find that are exactly 4 weeks (28 days).. 11 out of 12 are more aren't they?)

So 280 days DOES equal 40 weeks. (280/7days=40weeks)

But is 40 weeks REALLY 10 months as this site and a few other misleading sites claim?

Let's see:

280/30.4166 (b/c we saw earlier that this is the average of how many days there are in each month) =9.2 months

And the .2 just about another week. .2*30.4166=6days. So you are pregnant for about 9 months and one week. (or atleast SCHEDULED DUE DATE for that length of time, the baby decides on his own when he is ready, lol)

Think about it.
For example, MY LMP is June 22.
9 months later is March 22.
10 months later is April 22.
Guess when my due date is? MARCH 28!
That's 9 months and 6 days AFTER my LMP.. 40 Weeks after my LMP.

I wish people would get this right. Your due date is about 9.2 months after LMP NOT 10. Stop assuming months are 4 weeks. Because that is rounding TOO severely and it REALLY throws it off. smh. The math is not that hard.

(These numbers are rounded off so it is still not EXACT - but it sure is a whole lot closer than misleading people and saying 10 months! smh. Pull out a calculator and fiddle with the numbers yourself.)
May 11th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Hello, I need help I had sex on march 20,2012 the same day I took a plan B on April 1,2012 I received my period now the month of may I didn't receive my period so I took a pregnacy test on may 7th 2012 and it came out positive I went for an ultrasound to see how far I am and they couldn't see anything. So I have no clue how far Iam, can you help?
May 11th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Hello, I need help I had sex on march 20,2012 the same day I took a plan B on April 1,2012 I received my period now the month of may I didn't receive my period so I took a pregnacy test on may 7th 2012 and it came out positive I went for an ultrasound to see how far I am and they couldn't see anything. So I have no clue how far Iam, can you help?
May 16th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens View Post
The same EXACT thing happened to me... I'm 22 and just found out I'm pregnant and am going crazy, good luck & let me know if you figure anything out!
May 24th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Hello I need HELP.Im going through hardships its my First Time Pregnancy and its all new dealing with the Pregnancy Symtoms.Whats worse is that my Doctor is so hopeless.My last periods was from the 12 of March 2012 till the 17 of March.I am so confused at the moment.I had sex with my Ex on the 18 of March while my Boyfriend was out of town.My Boyfriend and I had sex on the 23 of March when he got back and things felt apart I had sex again with my Ex on the 24 of March.My First scan was done on the 20 of April confirming I was 5 Weeks Pregnant then my Hopeless Doctor got me to scan again on the 10 of May it was confirmed Im 9 Weeks.Ever since that I havent been to the Doctor, I dont know my Due Date yet either Conception Date.Please HELP me.I NEED to make sure who the Father of my Child is.My Ex or my Boyfriend.
June 18th, 2012, 01:53 AM
if i had sex on friday the 1st of jun and on the friday 15th of jun found out im 3wk + (clear blue digital pregnancy test) does that mean i conceved that early hours in the morning or was i already pregnant before that?
July 22nd, 2012, 03:54 PM
Hi everyone! I need some help! I think I might be pregnant and I am about 10 days late from my period! I cheated on my boyfriend on july 6 2012 and we did not use a condom! Would it be possible to be pregnant by this other man when I was suppose to get my period betwen july 11 - 12! And my ovulation window was from june 23 thru the 28th! I need some help! Please and thank you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search