Moms and Internet Addiction

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 23rd, 2010, 01:55 AM
Quote:
While your kids eat lunch, you’re checking your email. You let them watch TV so that you can chat on your favorite message boards. When everyone else goes to bed, you’re checking your Twitter account to see if you have any new followers. Does any of this sound familiar?
Read more
July 23rd, 2010, 01:55 AM
Internet offers a good knowledge for moms. But at the same time, working hours should not disturb family duties and responsibilities. So you need to organise yourself.
July 25th, 2010, 01:52 AM
Jacobbbsmommy's Avatar Happy but Lost
pretty sad that i know i fit into that category and i hate it but its like smoking was for me... addicting and i know i should quit caz its bad for me but i dont want to... took me getting pregnant to quit smoking and i think it would take me getting a second child to quit this addiction which is just as sad...
July 25th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Veteran
Wow. So true what this article points out. The Internet, Facebook, discussion forums are all great but we have to watch how much time we spend using them - and also what we end up taking time from.
I had a Facebook account but signed off a while ago because I realized I had spent more time checking on it than I should have. In the meantime, other important things - like writing an e-mail to a good friend or organizing the family photo album- got put off.
I do not regret my decision. Not for a moment.
July 26th, 2010, 12:18 PM
niema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to niema
OMG...I'm addicted!
July 27th, 2010, 06:12 AM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
This is a nice article, and I truly believe that I am too, addicted. I'm trying, slowly to stop, but when you are at home w/ 4 kids, it can be the only escape to the normal of it all. Sadly, some of my time could be spent playing w/ my boys, coloring, playdoh, anything else, I know I have to stop. My iPhone doesn't helps as it enables me to do exactly what I do on my desktop. For today's society, it makes it impossible NOT to be connected to the web. And if I am going to have an addiction to something, I'd rather it be the computer than drugs, alcohol or shopping (debt). Still, an addiction is an addiction. So I suppose I have to replace my "addiction" w/ something else more productive? Another addiction?

August 5th, 2010, 12:50 AM
This is so true...I should be sleeping, but what am I doing? Surfing the net and my favorite boards.

As a stay at home mom, I do feel lonely and isolated, esp since a lot of the time when my husband is home, after our son goes to bed he automatically turns on the xbox and spends the rest of the night there. Heck, half the time we don't even go to bed at the same time anymore.

Something's gotta give and this was a real eye opener.
June 26th, 2011, 09:20 PM
The internet really has a magical effect. I simply love it.

August 21st, 2011, 07:38 AM
peggums27's Avatar Luv my girls
Thanks for the article I think I may have an internet addiction lol
July 5th, 2013, 04:53 AM
We live in an age of digital addiction. From televisions and computers to cell phones and tablets, we're in front of a video screen for many of our waking lives. Child psychology Dr. Bruce Perry has suggested that the “digital nanny” epidemic has been one of the leading reasons for the drop in children's collective attention span. It doesn't have to be that way, however, and adults must set the best instance. Here are a few tips for breaking your electronic habit. Break your electronic addiction with some common-sense tactics. They aren't hard, and require no special drugs or resort therapy.
September 10th, 2013, 05:18 AM
Weight Loss Expert
i am not an internet addict,but because of the technology now a days,i don't wanna be behind.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search