Slow Rising hCG Levels

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 21st, 2010, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Human Chorionic Gonadotropin or hCG is more commonly known as “the Pregnancy Hormone” – unless hCG is injected into the body or taken in a pill form, the only way hCG can be found in a woman’s body is when she is pregnant.  HCG is produced by a growing placenta and can be detected by a urine test (simple home pregnancy test) or a blood test.  HCG level tes
Read more
October 21st, 2010, 08:26 AM
I have'nt had my period for nearly 2 months now since my partner and have decided to try for a baby. I have been feeling dizzy and generally feeling tired, I have tested twice now using a home pregnancy test but showed negative, what does this mean I am 42 yrs old could I possibly be menopausal? pls help
October 28th, 2010, 06:57 AM
Im am also 2 months late and having pregnancy symptoms, my tummy and uterus r growing even...i am unsure what to do...
January 13th, 2011, 06:38 AM
I took a pregnancy test last week, and it came out positive. I took another one this monday (1/10/11) and it was also positive. I had my first prenatal appointment Tuesday where they drew blood.

My midwife called back today with the results of the test. She says my hCG levels are low. About 241 or something like that. I have to go in next Monday to take another blood test. I'm beginning to worry about what this means.
February 7th, 2011, 11:21 PM
i just got back from the ER b/c of slight spotting and found out my HcG levels are lower than they should be. have any of you had this issue early on. i'm aproximately 6 weeks pregnant and have had 2 miscarriages in the past. i'm so scared that it's happening again and my poor husband is at his wits end. i just need a little reassurance or help in trying to deal with this. the other 2 pregnancies were only found out about AFTER i had miscarried. i'm extremely worried.
February 9th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
Michi and Bannana19 - I would recommend going in and talking to your doctor. A blood test might better confirm if you are pregnant or not, and they would also have advice for you on what's going on.

Saebaby1029 - I'm sorry to hear your hcg levels are low. This can mean that you might need to take a prescription to help prevent miscarriage or that you are not as far along as you thought. When the blood is drawn the second time, they compare the two and based on how much the levels rise, they can tell you more about what needs to be done and what might be going on. Try not to worry, I know that's easier said than done.

Have you visited your Due Date Club yet? You might want to chat with other moms due around the same time there to see if anyone else is going through a similar experience.

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
May 6th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Hi,
I have been feeling and looking pregnant for 2 weeks now but both the home urine tests and the blood tests come negative.
just like with my first child, I can tell if I'm pregnant a much before my expected period.Two weeks ago I got some cramping and more felt some 'weird' things in mmy uterus (just like when I was pregnant with my first child). Since then, my belly has grown to an 'obvious pegrant belly - this actually surprises me because when I had my daughter people could only tell I was pregnant on my 4th month.

Knowing the symptoms all too well, I took a urine pregancy test but it came negative. I went to the doctor and did my blood test on the exact day I was supposed to get my period. It also came negative. But I do not have my period, I have been feeling very pregnant for 2 weeks now. Plus my belly shows and is hard has when a woman is pregant.

I can only ask for an ultrasound on monday, so I was wondering if anyone had some knowledge of this weird situation?
May 20th, 2011, 11:33 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I fell pregnant in 2007 & the levels were slow rising - upon further investigation it turned out I had an ectopic pregnancy... I didn't suspect this because I had NO pain whatsoever. Other than being unable to see a pregnancy on 3 ultrasounds, my only sign was the slow rising HCG

May 26th, 2011, 08:09 PM
I just found out i was having a baby but my HCG was low it was only 87so now i have to get blood taken every 3days its hard for me because this is pregnancy 5 out of the 4 before i have 1 little girl.
May 27th, 2011, 03:05 AM
Sorry to hear. probably not what you want to hear, but I have very low HCG that was slow but steady to rise, resulting in a miscarriage at 8 weeks.

I hope your experiences are much better.
July 14th, 2011, 06:45 PM
HI, I had an iui last month and the upt gave a positive result, so ddi the blood test. But somehow my hcg levels should have been atleast 1000 at this stage, i.e 4 weeks. Its just 240. What does it mean? Can anybody please help?
Also since the last couple of days, I have been having spotting etc.
November 9th, 2011, 06:18 AM
I'm new to this website, but i'm so nervous! I'm 7w4d, 3 weeks ago, I had blood drawn and my levels were 2720(i was 4 weeks at the time) last week my levels were over 6000, 2 days later they only rose to a little over 7000! my Dr. put me on progesterone meds, My Dr. seems very unhappy about my levels. Yesterday i went in for an ultrasound and we saw the heart beat and it looked great 150BPM! I just don't understand! Can someone try to tell me whats going on?
November 28th, 2011, 11:38 AM
i'm new at this. i'm 19 and am very confussed. my hcg levels are slowly dropping and dr.'s aren't sure where my fetus is. many say it's in my womb and many say it's not. i have gone to the hospital about 3 times in two weeks. and the first time i went was due to bleeding and and sharp cramps. i then went to the dr.'s the day after that and we saw a heart beat. a week later we didn't notice a heart beat. i'm in the boarder line of having a threatened abortion. i have not bleed in almost a week but i keep having brown mucous coming out when i wipe. when i went back to the hosptial this past friday [today is monday] they said my hcg levels went down. then yesterday i went back since i had to go every 2-3 days to check my levels they went down just a bit. not as much as they thought they would. can anyone please help me???? i'm going crazy and don't know what to think anymore.
February 8th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Hello, iI have been following your stories after I found out I was preg. 2 Sundays. The next day on Monday, I went to the doc and my Hcg level was 461. That same night I began spotting. I spotted and had menstual like cramps all week. On Friday night, I went to the ER and the level was 691. It only went up 230 in 4 days. Not close to doubling. ER sent me to my doc on Monday morning and the level was 971, still not close to doubling. And they told me that even though they are going up, something could be wrong. I went back 2 days later, which is today, and my levels went from 971 to 2021. So finally, it is starting to double. I have an Ultra Sound scheduled for this afternoon to check the placement of the sac.... wish me luck.

I hope that this encourages someone. Don't be discouraged...many people have slow rising hgc levels and end up fine.
brandylopez likes this.
February 23rd, 2012, 04:10 PM
hello all I just found out that I was pregnant on 2/18/2012. I first took a preg test 2/13 and neg. then repeated 2/16 neg. was roughly suppose to start period 2/14. the next day 2/17 had faint line to indicate positive. repeated 2/18 barly positive. then 2/19 took digital test and confirmed positive. the entire week from 2/10 to 2/18 I had lower abd cramping no other symptoms like bleeding or anything. then 2/20 had sharp pain very low in groin area and went to hospital. they stated I had a muscle strain and did an ultrasound. the ultrasound showed what they said a very early tiny gestational sac in the inuterine. they also did a beta HCG to see rougly were my levels were mine was at 54.3 on 2/20 doctor was concerned because my last menstral was 1/14/12. so I should have a level higher and be further along then showing. I believe I felt that I ovulated around 2/4-2/6 because I had sharp pain on right side that I dismissed as a ruptured cyst b/c I had one 3-4 wks prior that ruptured. repeated HCG 2/22 and was 71.7 only went up 30%. I go back 2/24 to repeat. I am very stressed and worried that something is wrong. I have read everyones post. do you thing that I could of just ovulated late and my body is slow rising HCG. I will update when get next results. I am praying and hoping everything works out. praying and hoping for all of you too!
February 23rd, 2012, 05:48 PM
i have done alot of research and learned that everyone's body is different and every pregancy is different. I read what they call the Normal rise is 2-3 days in early preg but have been cases where it takes 4 days. hoping this is true in my case.....seems like everyone around me i know lately is having problems with their pregnancies.
February 24th, 2012, 02:06 PM
today 2/24 got results back and not good. been crying all day my hcg has dropped but only a little went from 71.7 to 70.3 today. have cramping very mild and pain on right side. dr said that i am in the process of miscarrying and i should probably start bleeding this weekend or next week. i am really upset and alot of people dont understand how i feel. i get it is for the best. ok maybe but i dont want to hear that now. i feel like my heart is breaking and something is being torn from me. i dont know how i am even going to explain to my little daughter that mommy not having a baby any more. not sure if she understands.
February 27th, 2012, 12:02 PM
I just found out i was pregnant last friday 2/23/12 confirmed from urine and blood tests. This will be my 2nd pregnancy after 6 years. Due to some ovulation problems. Nwys, i have been having this constant lower abdomen crampings for several days now id say 5 days. No bleeding tho. I got concern esp. Finding out im pregnant.went to urgent care saturday a.m. Did my HCG level it was 17,700+ then they also did transvaginal ultrasound. Alarmingly to find out, they couldnt find a baby nor a yolk nor a sac at all ( i cant really tell how far long i am since i dont recall my last menstrual period) - . All they found was an acumulation of fluids and a cyst on my left ovary. I am so worried and scared right now..esp hearing from the doc that this'll be an " abnormal pregnancy " ... Not sure what exactly tht means...right now theyre gonna have to monitor my hcg level and do another US. The case mgr said HCG level should increase to 60% by the 48th hr. which will be later this p.m. Then will go from there..... I wonder how can my HCG level be up then not finding any signs of baby from the Ultrasound? How is that possible? Btw, no signs of ectopic pregnancy from the US they did last sat.
March 5th, 2012, 07:49 PM
TO Lolliethan 12
Hope everything is going ok. I had the lower abd pain and pressure. Like i previously said my hcg was low however. I did end up misscarrying on 2/27. started bleeding and lasted for the entire week. Lolliethan hope everything works out keep me posted. I am praying for you. stay positive i know it is hard but everything happens for a reason and I know that is hard to say right now. I am saying that to myself everyday and it is slowly helping me with my sadness and pain but I know there is a reason for everything. I would definetly recommend another ultrasound to be done and blood work. a positive sign would be the levels increasing. I would not be too worried about the cyst on your left ovary. I had one on my right ovary which was seen on my ultrasound. this cyst is commonly known as a corpus lutem cyst which helps produce hormones to help the fetus/embryo to survive and develop.---my doctor told me this. well good luck with everything! keep me posted! I will keep everyone posted on here. my husband and I have decided that we were going to see what happens!
March 20th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by taboo1922 View Post
Hello, iI have been following your stories after I found out I was preg. 2 Sundays. The next day on Monday, I went to the doc and my Hcg level was 461. That same night I began spotting. I spotted and had menstual like cramps all week. On Friday night, I went to the ER and the level was 691. It only went up 230 in 4 days. Not close to doubling. ER sent me to my doc on Monday morning and the level was 971, still not close to doubling. And they told me that even though they are going up, something could be wrong. I went back 2 days later, which is today, and my levels went from 971 to 2021. So finally, it is starting to double. I have an Ultra Sound scheduled for this afternoon to check the placement of the sac.... wish me luck.

I hope that this encourages someone. Don't be discouraged...many people have slow rising hgc levels and end up fine.
Hello Taboo1922, I have a similar situation. I found out I was pregnant 9 days ago with 2 urine tests at HOME. and the day after I started bleeding with light cramps, so doc checked my Hcg on 3/13 which came as 310, then again in 3/16 level was 369. I was really worry because I wasnt increasing as expected, and also on 3/15 night had severe cramps and heavy bleeding. honestly at that moment I was absolutely convince that it was a MC. but bleeding continued lightly the following days and on 3/19 HcG level was 691. that levels looks much better but not as doc would expect. now it is 1 week and 1 day of bleeding. Today doc did a US and didnt find anything, they take more blood test tomorrow morning.
i wonder want happen during your Ultra Sound, where you able to see the sac? did HCG kept increasing ?
I wish your pregnancy is doing fine, since I feel in the same situation as you and doctor was unable to give me answer, I'll have to wait but I would like to hear about similar cases to get a better idea of what I can expect.

Thanks for sharing, it brings me hope.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search