Can You Have a Period When You Are Pregnant?

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2012, 12:27 PM
I've read that it's possible for a woman to be pregnant but still get her period. R their any ladies here that have experienced this?
I'm curious because my period this month was 5 days late..
Me and my partner had sex during the days i was ovulating that month and the condom broke. I was so sure i was pregnant. I had this "feeling". I "felt" pregnant. Even though that may sound weird.
My period was late and with every passing day I was more and more sure i was pregnant.
But then I had my period and I was so surprised.!! Also, it wasn't like my normal periods. Usually, my tummy cramps up a few minutes before i see my first spots of blood. But this time, I started cramping on and off for about 2 days before my period. Plus i usually get a lot of blood on my first day. But this time I had hardly any blood on the first day. But my period DID last 4 days like it normally does. Sorry to go into so much detail.

So, is it possible for me to have my period but be pregnant?
March 13th, 2012, 11:27 PM
Hi i'm kind of confused about this but i thought someone could help me .
um i stoped taking birth control a few days before having un protected sex and then a few days after i started bleeding and i did for 5days ...my monthly wasnt due for 2more weeks and its never been irregular like that before , ive had some of the early pregnancy symptoms but im not sure if i am or not :/
April 20th, 2012, 01:03 AM
I had unprotected sex last jan.22 and that was the 3days of my menstruation and then at days 5 suddenly stop.At days 7 there is still blood spotting.Is there possible to get pregnant?
http://www.whatisall.com/health/what-is-heavy-implantation-bleeding.html
May 2nd, 2012, 01:48 AM
<a href="http://www.whatisall.com/health/what-is-implantation-bleeding.html">Implantation Bleeding</a> - As a veteran IF, you would think I’d know better. How has it become such a habit to search the tp every time, no matter which CD it is? I mean, my period might have just ended, and there I go looking… Ridiculously hilarious! If only DH knew……… I doubt he would be surprised.

May 31st, 2012, 05:01 PM
myself and my partner have being trying for a baby for a number of months now and for the last 5-6 months or so I've gotten my normal heavyish period on exactly the 20th of the month, but this month I was late and got my period on the 28th of the month and my period is light unlike my usual period . What could this mean? Please help, thank you . ps I was on birth control pill for approx. 4 months before I decided to try for a baby.
June 21st, 2012, 01:39 PM
i need to know if im pregnant. i havent been feeling that well lately, but im not sure if its because of my working out. i had what i thought was my period but then my fiance said that when his mom was pregnant she experianced the same thing...im lost and need answers..
August 3rd, 2012, 10:38 AM
I had my normal period last month. Same time, but then not even 10 days later I have started spotting. Like really dark blood, sometimes light but mostly dark. I am very hormonal. tired and have horrible headaches. the problem is I am still spotting. Is there anyway I could be pregnant. I feel just like I did the pregnancys before.. hungry all the time, sore, and tired. but again I had my some what normal period and then I started spotting, then heavier spotting about 10 days later. I would love some feed back. Thank you so much,
August 3rd, 2012, 10:38 AM
I had my normal period last month. Same time, but then not even 10 days later I have started spotting. Like really dark blood, sometimes light but mostly dark. I am very hormonal. tired and have horrible headaches. the problem is I am still spotting. Is there anyway I could be pregnant. I feel just like I did the pregnancys before.. hungry all the time, sore, and tired. but again I had my some what normal period and then I started spotting, then heavier spotting about 10 days later. I would love some feed back. Thank you so much,
September 2nd, 2012, 08:58 PM
Last month I never had a period and I was supposed to start the 13th and yesterday 9/1/12 I started spotting and then today the spotting got a little heavy but not as heavy as a normal period and I cramped a little but it wasn't unbareable like normal period cramps. I've had morning and night sickness, and vomited, my breasts are super sensitive and sore, I've had butterflies in my stomach, and I'm exhausted all the time and I get mood swing often, and the area around my nipples are darker and I have bumps on them. Could I be pregnant?
September 4th, 2012, 12:30 AM
Hey I am 21 years old and have a 21 month old daughter..Okay I have always been the type to have normal periods even after I had her but the last five months have been confusing to me..Okay so April 21 i get my normal period, may I get no period,June 23 ii get a period and its normal,July I skip,august03 I started to spot pink (only when I wiped) and it turned red but only lasted a hour(only when I wiped) and turned brown(all of this lasted a day and a half) so august23 come and I'm spotting again but eventually I start bleeding like my normal period so my period end the 28 or 29. It's September03 and I go to the bathroom and notice pink discharge on the tissue(only when I wiped) and lasted 2 or 3 hours. I'm a bit confused. I have had cramping sore breast back pains and these wierd white bumps on my nipple..what's going on can I be pregnant and don't know..

??
September 4th, 2012, 03:12 AM
ok, so me and my hb have been trying for a baby and this month my period was 4 days late then when it did arrive (late friday night) it only lasted a couple of days (stopped yesterday) it normally lasts 5-6 days and was also ALOT lighter and less 'crampy' than normal. could i be pregnant? should i take a test? of so when? may seem a bit of a daft question but i miscarried in april and am very on edge but dont really want to take a test and get my hopes up if theres no chance
please help
October 7th, 2012, 10:20 AM
I haven't been taking birth control since March of this year, my husband is in the military and I just saw him for the first time since March for 2 weeks. We had unprotected sex the entire time he was here. I expected to get pregnant but started my period 2 days after he left, but it was a week early. Could there be a problem with him or I...? I'm neutral about the situation but it got me thinking something could be wrong since I did not get pregnant. I have twin girls from a previous relationship so Im not sure it's me. Just looking for some words of wisdom or a little advice. Thanks
June 16th, 2013, 09:32 PM
I also recommend the <strong><a href="http://goo.gl/OKjez">PREGNANCY MIRACLE GUIDE</a></strong> as a WONDERFUL pregnancy/women's health resource!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search