Can You Have a Period When You Are Pregnant?

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 10th, 2010, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Although you may have heard of women that had “periods” during pregnancy, the truth is you cannot be pregnant and have a period at the same time. Once a woman conceives her body starts producing hCG and her menstrual cycle stops. This is not to say that a woman cannot have bleeding that resembles a period when she is pregnant, but the bleeding is not actually a period.
Read more
November 10th, 2010, 07:15 AM
when i got pregnant with my other 4 kids i got 2 periods in a month or about three weeks later and i found out i was pg.i got my period in oct the 13th and now again nov 5th could i be pg again?

in july i got my merina out and my period started on the 3 of aug and again in the 27th.
and sep on the 13 and oct the 13 and know the 5th of nov and i have a 31 day cycle.
January 2nd, 2011, 10:48 PM
I have every symptom of pregnancy. Gas, nausea , headaches, sore breasts, hardening stomach, gained 5 pound etc. Well last month I had bleeding a little earlier than my expected period. It was light and mostly brown and light red. All of my pregnancy test say negative. I have had 2 days of blood near my expected period this month. Could I be pregnant? I'm only 16 so please help. Thanks.
make_me_a_momma likes this.
January 20th, 2011, 04:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelneese View Post
I have every symptom of pregnancy. Gas, nausea , headaches, sore breasts, hardening stomach, gained 5 pound etc. Well last month I had bleeding a little earlier than my expected period. It was light and mostly brown and light red. All of my pregnancy test say negative. I have had 2 days of blood near my expected period this month. Could I be pregnant? I'm only 16 so please help. Thanks.
I am not sure. You should talk to your doctor about this fear. I know that I had light spotting during my first month about when my period was due- mainly brown and light red also. I took 2 preg tests and both came back negative, but did a test again a few days later and had 2 very positive tests! I'd re-test in a week or so and see. If still negative, I'd see about talking with a doctor (even if it may be embarrassing to talk with a doctor if may be best).
March 6th, 2011, 08:44 PM
I am confussed, I am only 5 days late & I took two pregnancy test and they came out positive, and I actullay took a blood test too at my doctors to double ckeck & it showed my Hcg was 16 so that meant the blood test was Positive as well, but now I am light bleedingas if I was on my period. Im scared HELP! any sug.
March 17th, 2011, 10:31 PM
I neeed lots of help. Heres the deal, im 18 years old and my bf is 21, a marine. He was home feb 4-18. I was with him every night. We had unprotected sex almost every night besides one. He pulled out well anyways, i wasnt suppose to but i started my period the 6-12 of feb. We were still having sexx. i started my period a week early! the 6th of March. Although i have hyper thyroid im way past exhausted these days & sometimes i have to pee so frequently and badly i pee on myself somewhat before i get to the restroom! anyway, this last period seemed normal, maybe somewhat lighter i honestly wasnt worried until the headaches and nausea began, what do you think the chances of me being pregnant are? i need advice. i took a pregnancy test before this last "period" it was negative so i thought the worry was over, now however im not so sure...
HELP ME PLZZ!
March 18th, 2011, 11:01 PM
Yesterday, i went to the doctor's office and had negative urine test but then in afternoon noticed light bleeding. For the last three weeks, i have been moody, tired, increased appetite and suffering from sinus pressure. Prior to my period starting at least i think i am, my last period was on 2-4-11 and what was weird was the fact that it lasted 4 days, the first and last being very light and the other two days heavy. Typically, my periods last 5-6 days and the 2-3 days are the heaviest. My husband and i have been having unprotected sex since 12-12-10. Am i making a big deal out of nothing? i am 37 with 3 children
April 25th, 2011, 06:06 PM
I am confused last month i had my period March 18 and i am normally 28 days cycle so i am expecting to have my period this month somewhere in 15 or 16 but i didn't have it until 4-23 which started really really light that i didn't used a pad and it just left light brown color on my liner but when i wipe after i urinating i see a blood on the tissue and it's red, i just started using pad on the third day but it's not like the normal period i used to have, this time i don't feel any cramping which i usually get every time i have my period. My husband and i used natural method and this is the first time that my period started really late. Could i be pregnant? I am still bleeding and sometimes i see a small blood clot when i urinate. I also feel nauseous and sometimes i feel like i'm sleepy and tired even when my bleeding/period started? I already had one pregnancy but i never experience this when i had my son so i'm confused and worried at the same time coz i'm not sure if i am having my period, miscarriage or implantation bleeding.
April 26th, 2011, 05:10 PM
I'm confused, needless to say. The last time I was intimate with someone was April 9th, 2011. We didn't use a condom the whole time we were together, & people keep telling me you can get pregnant if he "precummed" also. I don't know if that's the case though. I do kind of think the condom might have tore also, & he never told me. He pulled out to "finish" his business & I couldn't understand that because he was wearing a condom by then. I ovulated 3 days later, & I know sperm can live inside of a woman for up to 7 days. I had what I think was a period last week, but it wasn't normal for me. It was very light, & lasted about 4 days. I have PCOS & my periods are always 7 days long with it only being light the last day. This wasn't the case at all. Could I possibly be pregnant?
May 5th, 2011, 06:27 AM
Don't worry. Do one more test. Finely it will show positive if it is so. But I don't think this signs can mean that if you had your period anyways.
July 11th, 2011, 08:31 PM
My mom had her period for the first 4 months of her pregnancy with me. She was on time, had it for seven days, started light , got heavy , and ended light. this is incorrect. The doctor even told her that she CAN have her period during her pregnancy. i wasn't born premee either. I was actually a week late. therefore, this is incorrect.
July 18th, 2011, 12:35 AM
okay it might get a little confusing but i had unprtected sex on the 1st of this month. and expected my period on the 8th on the same day i took a hpt but it came back negs. (my period is normally on time or a day or 2 off never anymore than that). anyways we did it again on the 13th. i then went to the doctors on the 15th n took a test there it also came back negiative. i've had just bout all the signs i know of; over tiredness, late period, nausea sorta feeling, headaches, n the worst back pain (but i think that ones cause my back is just ****** up). just this moring i noticed like dark red almost brown spots of blood so put a med in n the last 2 times ive changed it they came out with a little blood on like enough to cover it. i never been on or took the moring after pill or any birth control.
is this my period (considering its just under 2 weeks late) or spotting or what im so confused?
PLEASEEEEEEEE HELP !
August 29th, 2011, 05:44 PM
I need advise asap. Look the last three months my periods were only three days long start heavy end light ive had all the symptoms of pregnancy and my belly got quite large this past month but test say negative I hadnt took one this month cause I had a period.. Am I pregnant my periods are normally 5 days along but the last three months were three days.. Plzzz. Any advice will help... Thank u
September 16th, 2011, 08:32 AM
Hi, Is it possible to be pregnant and have regular monthly period flows(sometimes late periods) after which? I'm confused with spotting against regular period flows. Does spotting occurs on a monthly basis as well in the early stage of pregnancy? Example for the first 3 months. Thank You
September 16th, 2011, 11:14 PM
Bleeding as heavy as a light period or more is not normal ever during pregnancy.
It may be a sign of a complication. If you have any bleeding call your docotor right away.
September 20th, 2011, 02:18 PM
With my first pregnancy I had my reg. period for 3 months a full blown period that was heavy from the begining to the end ... I didn't have any complications ,infections or miscarriages... This is incorrect !!!!

This can get confusing But I need help and answers please!

But my issue now is I have never planned a child both my girls were unexpected and my husband and I are trying to conceive ... I started my period on August 8th and ended on the 25th of August .... Well I had my Mirena IUD removed on August 26th and we started trying to conveive right away ... We had sex from the 26th - 31st and then I started what my doctor called a withdrawal period from having the Mirena IUD removed , It ended on Sept.6th . My husband and I started having sex again about every 2 days ... I started what I thought was my period on Sept. 14th and ended on Sept.18th if it was my period it started 3 days early and started light to heavy then just cold turkey it stopped ...Usually my periods last 7-8 days long and are Heavy for the first 5 days and then light the last 2-3 days ... I don't know when to test for preg. or if I should even test?? I don't know what to do? I have had a so called period twice since my actual period on August 17th-25th... Could my last so called "PERIOD" actually be my period ?
October 10th, 2011, 02:51 PM
I don't know about it, but some people say yes, a nurse at the docs office said you can, I feel sick to my stomach but had my period last week. ended the 9th. I've been having sex since 8/24 and here and there when I see my bf. I took a test and it said neg. am I pregnant or am I just comming down with the flu. i don't have any other signs though.
November 28th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Ok im very confused this last period that i got was not as my usual periods it was mostly dark brown and little bit reddish but it was very light i got it around the same time i was supposed to get my period but its been 3 wks that ive been w my bf and yet i dont have any preg symptoms only light cranping right now
November 30th, 2011, 05:04 AM
Im had my period a week before its due and it only lasted for 3 days. My stomach is quite upset especially in the mornings. I am wondering if i might be pregnant.
February 10th, 2012, 04:09 AM
I've been getting serious headache, backache, I've been unusually moody and I've had some abdominal cramps to some extent, however I did a pregnancy test 2 weeks after sex, but it said negative,nevertheless waiting for my period it came 2 days late and it was unusually light, its almost 4 weeks now since I had sex and I am still experiencing headaches, and backache and still is moody.... Can some1 give me advice as to what this can be?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search