Annoying Comments About Natural Childbirth

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 18th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Quote:
If you’re a mom that wants to have natural childbirth, you’ve probably heard a few annoying comments. Here are some of the most annoying comments people make about natural childbirth.
Read more
November 18th, 2010, 01:20 PM
OMG, this one is #1 most annoying! I actually had a snotty receptionist at an OB's office tell me this when I inquired about the natural childbirth rate for that practice. The best response I heard was from my good friend and yoga instructor, who shot back "Of course you do!"
November 19th, 2010, 07:09 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
The one my dh has said to me is why would you want to do that if you don't have to? I don't think he really gets why I want to have natural childbirth this time but he is being supportive. I have never really heard most of these comments from my friends. I think it is because a lot of my friends and family have had natural childbirth.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
November 20th, 2010, 01:22 PM
KeriMomof2's Avatar Veteran
I think anyone can have natural CB if that want too, and its no one elses concern! I mean you are the one havng to deal with what is coming not them.
With my 1st i was scared in to a epi
with my 2nd i was determend to go all natural..i went to 7 c but that was it..he ended up being 10 1/2 pounds so i feel proud of what i did do

I think that trying is all we can hope for..and learning all ways of coping ..knowing your options and just relising in the end that all that matters is a healthy momma and baby <3

~~> what I hated hearing the most was when i walked in the ER to give birth the nurse asked if i was have a C-section ( i was HUGE) i said no im doing a all natural vag birth...She laughed and said YEA right!
Well she was wrong i did have a VAg birth but she was right not all natural
*Keri*I am a Co-sleeping ...Retired-EBF'er "8+years total"...No-circumcision... Non-Vaxing...Home-schooling/Road-schooling ~> College Student Momma, Who loves Blogging<~click to View O' and did I mention I am now a Avon Sales Rep ? www.youravon.com/Keri
June 10th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Super Mommy
As the article (briefly, in a nod towards accuracy)stated...these possibilities are extremely rare. If you use them to discount getting an epidural, you might as well not put your baby in a car to drive home- or take a tyelenol for a headache while pregnant. There are "fine print risks" to everything. I actually think it's fine if a woman decides these risks are too scary and doesn't want to chance it...totally understand! I just don't like how natural childbirth proponents will blow the risks of epidurals out of proportion and use scare tactics to guilt mothers into natural childbirth. To the point where they are forced into by well-meaning family members and often end up in tears and feel like they have "failed" when they ask for an epi.
September 14th, 2012, 07:17 AM
Mrs.Storm's Avatar New mommy
I have never heard or read anything trying to scare moms into a natural childbirth. It has always been the other way around. Usually the severe risks are brought up, but so are the less detrimental ones. I think looking at the whole picture is the best idea. Weighing it all.

I'm not sure about other moms out there but there are also nonmedical reasons why I want a natural birth. I would like to experience it how nature intended for one. Also, I want to encourage the human race to not rely on medical procedures and drugs so much, for fear of one day making them required. (aka, if more and more women on Earth start getting c-sections or using epi's, then I think that years and years ((and years!)) down the road we will become unable to birth children ourselves at all.) So I would just like to do my part in trying to help humans not get to that point.

Sorry for long winded response.

September 15th, 2012, 06:39 AM
What's wrong with natural childbirth?
September 15th, 2012, 09:59 AM
First birth was c section, second was natural. I did not have a choice with either one, just glad I had a healthy baby each time and I think that is the point!
September 15th, 2012, 10:10 AM
I managed to do it with twins, it hurt like hell but totally worth it, I don't know why but.. yeah.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search