Lost Tampon: Symptoms of a lost tampon and how to remove

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 13th, 2010, 02:13 AM
JMC1988's Avatar *Summer Loving*
Send a message via Yahoo to JMC1988
Quote:
What?  A lost tampon.  Hey, it happens.  And, it is one of those topics that a woman might be embarrassed to call her doctor about, even if she knows she might need help.  You would think if a tampon was lost you would automatically know about it, but this isn’t always the case.  Occasionally a woman will insert a tampon and either forget it is there or inse
Read more
December 13th, 2010, 02:13 AM
JMC1988's Avatar *Summer Loving*
Send a message via Yahoo to JMC1988
Wow, this is really scary. I have never had this happen and I never hope for it to happen, but the info was very informative and should this ever happen, I will feel a little better about getting it out.

Thanks!
December 13th, 2010, 03:47 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Scary indeed! I don't use them anymore. Good article tho, could be a lifesaver for somebody.
June 16th, 2011, 06:49 PM
First Timer!!!
happened to me before ... weird thing is i had no idea and good thing i had do apt ... embarrassing but glad the doc took it out ...
July 19th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Don't feel bad, this has happened to me more than once in 30 years. I forget when I am changing in the middle of the night half asleep. I also like to flush my system out. And the easiest way is to have a couple of orgasms. It works, I'm just saying.
July 19th, 2011, 05:52 PM
Hopeful
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleQueen View Post
happened to me before ... weird thing is i had no idea and good thing i had do apt ... embarrassing but glad the doc took it out ...
Same here! You would think we would be able to tell but NOPE!
September 7th, 2011, 11:52 AM
I signed up just to say thank you! The other night my husband and I went to have relations. Very uncomfortable and noticed something foul-smelling. Cervical cancer runs in my family. You can imagine my concern. Did a little googling and came across a possible cause. How to remove this possible causing culprit? (Embarrassed). Justmommies told me how! THANK YOU!!!!
October 29th, 2011, 09:23 AM
It does happen. I managed to get a tampon completely lodged in my uterus. I wasn't 100% sure too, so I just waited. Not a good idea. About a week later, I realized my problem. Called the doctor who sent me to the ER. Toxic Shock possibility. After removal, IVs and blood tests I was sent home with antibiotics. BUT everyone at the hospital, insurance company, and doctor's office was really great about it. It happens more often than you'd think. The only thing I did wrong was to WAIT.
October 29th, 2011, 10:21 PM
xoNicolexo's Avatar 3 blues & 1 pink
Send a message via Yahoo to xoNicolexo
I had this happen to me years ago. I went to the
E.R. & they removed it. It was quite embarrassing.

January 14th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Ok, so many months ago I THINK this happened to me and I took the second tampon out and tried to reach for the possible first tampon, but I didn't feel anything there. I did have pelvic pain after, but I was not sure if they were a symptom of my period. I am completely terrified at this point and I have so many questions that have not been answered. Can I in the long-run get some kind of cancer? And can it effect my pregnancy? I was afraid to have sex for a long time after that and now that I do, it feels normal. I'm curious to know what's happening down there. Please answer asap. would appreciate it so much. Thank you
January 30th, 2012, 04:27 AM
I had this happen to me It was the last day of my period and I forgot the tampon in so there was no bleeding so me and my bf had sex and he said he felt something weird but I didn't think that it could be the tampon so I ignored him then when I went to the bathroom there was a lil blood and i remembered I still had a tampon up there so I asked my bf to look and see if he could see anything but he couldn't So I told him to atick his fingers up there and see if he felt anything and he could feel it so I had him pull it out, I would have do it but I have long finger nails and couldn't feel anything up there I think I had just pushed it up on there more..
February 11th, 2012, 07:31 PM
I just totally creeped myself out. I'm so creeped out right now and get a shiver every time I think about it. I lost my tampon, I think I likely tried putting it in and had an applicator fail (its happened before) and didn't notice at the time. So I went to take it out for the night and CRAP I can't find it. So I went spelunking and felt my own CERVIX! UGH and shiver! I'm so creeped out...and didn't find anything. Hopefully its still in the applicator, I'll look when I get home. Uhhh, I'm so creeped out.
March 1st, 2012, 07:15 AM
OMG, i have never had this happen until yesturday...i have the Mirana, so my periods are very light, but i do wear a tampon, usually put in in the morning, and remove at night...but i forgot about it, went to bed with my bf, and had sex, the next morning, i remememberd i had one in so i rushed, and had to dig, it was sideways, and up far...but thank god i got it out, but now Im worried if i should go to the doctor to get checked out....
March 4th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Today, I discovered this same thing! I'm 45 years old, I've been having a period since I was 13, and this is the FIRST time I've had this happen! I was mortified! It has been in me for a little over a week...and I was having the worst odor! I have NEVER had any odor, and was so embarassed! I went to the bathroom, and just happened to feel it. I was so grossed out! Couldn't believe this happened! And, I'm THANKFUL that I do NOT have an infection (to the best of my knowledge!)
March 19th, 2012, 08:11 AM
Help me plz I'm 14 I'm realy embarrassed to tell my mum about this I'm sure I don't remember take my tampon out
March 26th, 2012, 05:16 AM
I just wanted to thank this site for this article. Not wanting to call my doctor (embarrassing), I read this article and followed the instructions--sure enough, there was a tampon. This article may have saved me from a serious operation, infection, or worse. Many, many thanks!
June 12th, 2012, 06:32 AM
Glad I read this article before I went to the doctor. I was able to fish/push it out while squatting in the shower; quite the ordeal. Anyway, thank you for the info, all clear!
August 24th, 2012, 02:38 AM
It's cray!! But it really happens thank god i found this site!! I had a very foul odor and discharge disgusting I know!! So I went to the emergency room gotta a pelvic exam and she found the tampon inside my vagina side ways I was sooooo embarrassed but she made me feel very comfortable and tld me I wasn't the first and definitely won't b the last so try not b embarrassed ladies bc it will b much more embarrassing and dangerous if it disintegrates inside of u!!! I'm very thankful for this site!!
September 6th, 2012, 09:41 AM
So glad I found this post! This happened to me last Saturday after drinking a bit too much and having sex with my boyfriend the tampon got stuck and I'd presumed I'd already taken it out so put a fresh one in and carried on as usual. It wasn't until I started to get a couple of the symptoms hat I realise something was wrong. I tried to take it out myself but just couldn't get at the right angle as it had turned sideways! Luckily I found this threa and took myself off to my walk in centre, they were fantastic, I obviously wasn't the first person this has happened to! I have a course of antibiotics too just to remove the risk of TSS.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search