Placenta Previa Symptoms and Treatment

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2011, 03:18 AM
Quote:
What is placenta previa? If you've heard the word, you have probably figured out just from the word alone that it has something to do with the placenta. You are exactly right. Placenta previa occurs when the placenta attaches in the lower portion of the uterus instead of in the normal position in the upper more muscular portion of the uterus.
Read more
January 2nd, 2011, 03:18 AM
Im 26 Yrs Old And This Will Be My Third Child... Im worried Because My Secound Child Didn't Make It... I was 26 Weeks Pregnat And My Son Seperated From My Plasenta And His Heart Stopped Beating And The Embilicol Cord Was Wrapped Around His Left Leg When I Gave Birth... I Lost Him July 31 2010...3 Weeks After His Funneral I Got Pregnet And Didn't Let My Body Heal.. Now The Doctor Says I Have Plasenta Previa.. I woke Up Bleeding One Morning After Sex But The Bleeding Stopped Thank God... Im Now 19 Weeks Pregnat And The Baby's Heart Rate Is Between 140 And 160 Which Is Good But I am So Freaked Out Because I Don't Want Anything To Go Wrong I Just Pray Everything Will Be Ok... Any Advice Anyone? I Am Due May 26 2011 But They Said I Prbally Will Have To Have A ceasection And The Baby May Come Early Since My Uterus Never Tilled Back And Im On Moderate Bedrest.
January 4th, 2011, 12:49 PM
First off, I am very sorry to hear of your loss. I had 3 early miscarriages and those were hard enough. I started bleeding at 18 weeks with my third daughter when I found out that I had marginal placenta previa. I had several instances of heavier bleeding and bled persistently for 7 weeks before I started hemorraging and had our third daughter by emergency c section at 25 weeks. She was 2 pounds and 13" long and spent 14 weeks in the NICU. Other than the fact that she's tiny at 7 pounds 11 ounces and 5 months old, 2 months adjusted, you would never know that she endured weeks and weeks of bleeding and a traumatic birth. I had a 4 year old and a 14 month old at home when the bleeding started, so bed rest was not feasible. I took it as easy as I could, but in the end it made no difference. The military doctors kept sending me home when I would come in for heavy bleeding, but the civilian doctors said I should have been admitted at the first sign of blood. I am glad I wasn't admitted until that day I delivered because I think they would have taken her sooner and she may not be with me today. Take it as easy as you can, and pray and believe that everything will work out.
January 29th, 2011, 04:45 PM
I had partial placenta previa with my 2nd child (born in 07) I'm now pregnant again and worried about having placenta previa again...anyone have it once and got pregnant again and not have it? I did luck out anad got to for-go the csection, but I was on bedrest on last 2 months of my pregnancy.
April 11th, 2011, 06:54 AM
This is my first pregnancy and i have a complete previa... The doc said that I have a 25% chance of it moving but that it is more than likely not going anywhere... I just have a question about working with this condition... the doc has not said anything about work but I stand up all day form 6 to 8 hours a day and was wondering if working these shifts for so long could cause more bleeding or a higher risk for problems? I have not had any problems yet but am afraid that work could cause more problems..
Im going to the doc next week to find out more....
September 9th, 2011, 09:11 PM
im21 and 22 weeks with placenta previa and im scared this is my first pregancy i only bleed a hour after sex and havent had sex since and not bleed now im getting tighting n side pains can some1 tell me its normal ???????
November 28th, 2011, 07:23 PM
I'm 35 never had this b4 I have three other children and now this is the last one and I'm 15wks & just found out about me having placenta previa I'm scared as eva thid baby means so much to me thid is me and my husbands first child together and the last I just don't wanna lose our baby we have name it and everything that makes it so much harder reading about it makes me feel hopeless iss there anyone who can put me at ease a little please!!!:
March 25th, 2012, 04:39 PM
i am 24yrs old and 17 weeks pregnant(with my 4th child) and went to the dr because of pain, i was told i have partial placenta previa, to watch for bleeding(which so far none) but they still put me on bedrest for a week,but will the pain stop?and will i have to be on bedrest the whole time? im so confused and the drs keep saying everything will be finebut the whole bedrest thing scares me.... any help is much appretiated
June 16th, 2012, 05:58 PM
I am on vacation and 11 weeks pregnant. Asked two doctors if it was safe for me to fly and they both said yes. The night of arrival I bled tons of blood and huge blood clots, thought I was having a miscarriage and I was in tears. So I went to see a doctor the next night and he did an ultrasound, the baby was fine and there was a strong heartbeat, but said I had a low lined placenta (placenta previa) and the pressure from the flight caused me to bleed....So now I am terrified to fly home, but I have to. The doc gave me progesterone and told me to take Tylenol if I feel the slightest pain. If there were cruise ships that left from here I would take that instead! Does anyone have any similar experiences and/or advice?
October 19th, 2012, 05:02 PM
I am 26 yrs old, first pregnancy and 22 wks. Just got diagnosed with placenta previa (partial) after ultra sound. I have had no symptoms or bleeding but the doc put me on bed rest til my next ultra sound mid December. I am only allowed to be up for 10 min every 3-4 hrs which is basically potty time. This seems rather extreme? Any comments?
June 16th, 2013, 09:48 PM
I also recommend the <strong><a href="http://goo.gl/OKjez">PREGNANCY MIRACLE GUIDE</a></strong> as a WONDERFUL pregnancy/women's health resource!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search