Pregnancy Etiquette - The Do's and Don'ts of Announcing Your Pregnancy

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 7th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Once you find out you are pregnant you may be bursting at the seams to tell all your friends and family. Find out more about the do's and don'ts of announcing your pregnancy.
Read more
January 7th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Do tell infertile friends and family:

I agree 100% with this one. In 08, my husband and I experienced a miscarriage with twins (one at 16 weeks and one at 18 weeks) and a few months later we received a baby shower invitation from one of my husbands relatives. We didn't even know she was pregnant. I have to admit, this stabbed me in the heart, not only because she was having a baby, but because her shower was around the same time mine would have been. Please have respect for others around you that have either found out they are infertile or had a miscarriage, it may be hard to find the right words, but they will respect you for caring about their feelings.
March 31st, 2011, 06:30 AM
acchickpea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by adventuregirl14 View Post
Do tell infertile friends and family:

I agree 100% with this one. In 08, my husband and I experienced a miscarriage with twins (one at 16 weeks and one at 18 weeks) and a few months later we received a baby shower invitation from one of my husbands relatives. We didn't even know she was pregnant. I have to admit, this stabbed me in the heart, not only because she was having a baby, but because her shower was around the same time mine would have been. Please have respect for others around you that have either found out they are infertile or had a miscarriage, it may be hard to find the right words, but they will respect you for caring about their feelings.
Those are my exact words "...stabbed me in the heart..." when my SIL told the family in the same room that she was about 6weeks pregnant! It is very hurtful to hear when I had just miscarried about 2 weeks ago and everyone knew about it. I would have appreciated that she went up to me to tell me privately so that I could absorb it and be excited when she announced the news to the whole family at the same time. I was in so much shock I probably didn't seem as excited at the time that I should have been for her. Please be considerate and think about how others who are experiencing a loss or are infertile are feeling before you break the exciting news....
May 5th, 2011, 04:00 PM
LeslieTum's Avatar Veteran

Last edited by LeslieTum; December 29th, 2011 at 11:27 AM.
June 16th, 2013, 11:54 PM
I also recommend the <strong><a href="http://goo.gl/OKjez">PREGNANCY MIRACLE GUIDE</a></strong> as a WONDERFUL pregnancy/women's health resource!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search