Pregnancy Don'ts

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2011, 07:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Pregnancy can be a time of concern for women. Knowing what to do and what not to do is not always clear. To help you with all the pregnancy don'ts we have created a list of the top 7 things you should avoid during pregnancy.
Read more
February 12th, 2011, 07:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It's not only touching/handling cat feces that can cause toxoplasmosis. Pregnant women should also be careful not to breathe in the fumes, especially when sifting through litter as dust can often cloud up and is easily inhaled. Best solution is not to handle litter at all! But if you have to, wear gloves, but also wear some sort of face protection. Medical masks are cheap to purchase and will work well (though change them out every week or so), or wrap a scarf over the nose and mouth while doing the litter chore - and make sure to wash the scarf frequently!
February 12th, 2011, 07:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Also, the point about all paints being bad is not strictly true! Moms who are wanting to paint a nursery yourself, don't despair!

My husband is in the specialty coatings business. He sells and hand-tints products and trains people in working with just about every coating you can think of. He can hand-match paint colors to shoes and rocks, and if you can paint it, he knows the paint! There actually are several lines that are totally safe for a pregnant lady to be around, even handle herself, without cause for concern to a growing fetus. Some of these, however, are admittedly not very good quality paint!

The best paint brand line that IS safe, as well as very high quality paint that will look good, wash well and last for your money's worth, is called PPG. You will have to find this at a specialty store, most likely, or a privately owned business such as the one my husband manages -- store chains like Home Depot and Sherman Williams won't have it. But using PPG will be far worth the 5 bucks per gallon more than a generic hardware store brand, trust me ladies, and it is available USA-wide.

(No, I promise we don't have stock in this company! I'm just out here to bust some myths and say that you don't have to go crunchy granola with your interior decorating just because you want to put your personal touch on something while you're pregnant.)
January 24th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Dont Kick the Cat for What the Dog Did
Toxoplasmosis is one of the common diseases in dogs. It is a parasitic disease which is caused by parasite called Toxoplasma gondii. The severity of this disease depends upon the number of parasites infested the dog. It a transmissible to humans.

Toxoplasmosis in dogs is caused by Toxoplasma gondii. Your pet dog can acquire this parasite either from rooting in infected soil or from ingesting cat feces, raw meat or raw eggs. Dogs that eat raw or incompletely cooked meat are at a great risk of developing this disease.

Yes this is the same parasite that people run in circles screaming and shouting about with pregnant women and cat litter. It is super annoying to me that cats get blamed. You can catch this from dogs just as easily and from eating Prosciutto, eating raw meat and raw eggs yourself.
August 5th, 2012, 08:41 AM
am a nigerian,like titus and arch fish do they contain mercury
August 5th, 2012, 08:44 AM
am a nigerian,like titus and arch fish do they contain mercury
February 10th, 2014, 04:43 AM
ok this is my question,, my daughter moved back in cuz she is pregnant ,, we try to let her do as little as possible ,, but can she still do little stuff around the house like lundery, dishes, wiping counters with no sprays, take everyday walks,, cuz right she'll sit in front of the tv all day and eat pizza, chips, candy's, pickles and so on,, she does take her vitamins daily, iv try telling her she need to eat more heath foods like fruits and vegges, but she tends to get bugged at me when i tell her stuff lol, (mood swings ) but i do try to make her as comfortable and stress free as possible , thanks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search