Conceiving a Rainbow Baby: 10 Tips to Help You Get Pregnant After a Miscarriage

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 17th, 2011, 11:27 PM
Quote:
A rainbow, the beauty that comes after a storm and a symbol of hope, is a description women lovingly use for their babies that are born after a miscarriage, still birth, or infant loss. For women who have experienced a loss, conceiving a “rainbow baby” doesn’t make them forget the loss, take it away or diminish it, but it does give them hope for a new chance at motherhood.
Read more
September 17th, 2011, 11:27 PM
My husband and I got pregnant after three years of TTC and we experienced an ectopic pregnancy almost three weeks ago. We found out we were pregnant by going in for a preauthorization appt. before having a laperoscopy. My doctor found out I was pregant through a blood test, but found my pogesterone levels to be exteremly low. I was put on bed rest and was given pogesterone shots daily. After almost a week of shots my levels were rising very slowly, and it was determined to be an eptopic pregnancy. I am still waiting for my HCG level to go to zero before scheduling the laperoscopy again. My doctor wants to perform the surgery before allowing us to TTC since my right tube was shown to be blocked through a hydero. Going through this experience has been sad and confusing. I am so eager to get the surgery over with and to start trying again, but there is another part of me that is afraid we could experience this type of an pregancy again. I want a baby so bad and I am going to be devastated if I have another ectopic preganacy.
October 4th, 2011, 01:12 AM
Sending you the biggest hug right now! I went through an eptopic about 4 years ago... we ended up in Emergancy Surgery and Lost a tube... but we remain hopeful that the remaining one is enough to give us the miricle we hope for. Nothing can be said to ease the pain, but talking about it and letting yourself grieve is a good way to heal and look forward. I just wanted to say "Hi" "Stay positive" and let you know that someone in cyber space it thinking of you and understands how it feels. x
October 12th, 2011, 10:23 AM
I went thorugh an ectopic pregnancy a year ago and i lost a tube in the process. Me and my husband were very sad and it does scare you because you dont wanna go through that experience again but having and ectopic preg does get higher after you had one but does not mean that you will have another one. I had the ectopic a year ago and on aug 11 of this year i had a positive preg test and by the end of the month i had a miscarriage and today i saw my period for the first time in months and i plan on trying again after my menstral. I am sorry you had to experience that and my prayers are with you and your husband. I hope you get good news soon.
December 26th, 2011, 08:27 PM
All together I have been pregnant 9 times, here is a lil about my history; 1993-abortion, 1997-baby boy, 1998-abortion, 2001-baby girl, 2002-missed miscarriage, 2003-ectopic, 2004-baby girl, 2005-missed miscarriage, December 6th, 2011-chemical pregnancy. Ok so that's my history and I'm currently ttc with my fiancée, we've been trying for a year so I was so excited when we got pregnant last month only to have it end a couple days later. Has anyone else had a successful pregnancy after a history similar to mine? Any success stories would really lift my hopes! S/n I currently have a few symptoms of being pregnant again but it's too soon to know.
January 18th, 2012, 07:08 AM
I totally understand what you have been through I had an Eptopic pregnancy in June 2011 it was the 1st time i have planned to be come pregnant me and my partner were so chuffed.
I was 2 months pregnant and discovered that something wasn't right. due to the hospital leaving me for 4 days till they operated on me, i ruptured and had internal bleeding so not only did I nearly die I lost 1 of my tubes when they advised that they would just remove the baby and i would have both fully functional tubes. So I’m hoping that things are successful with one tube.
we want a child sooooo much but I’m also scared that I will have the same again. we have both decided to give it another go. so fingers crossed i have always said what is for you wont go passed you.
Good luck and a big hug :0)
April 23rd, 2012, 01:17 PM
I had 4 m/c last one was on the 4th of feb 2010,I wanna try to get pregnant again my heart is very heavy
June 3rd, 2012, 06:53 PM
I know exactly what you are going through! I was 16 wks when I lost my son on April 24, 2012. He was my first pregnancy and I was so excited to be his mom. I went through a natural m/c with him and ended up with a D&C in order to have my placenta removed. I finally got the ok from the doctor that me and my hubby could try again. And now I'm feeling like I'm having pregnancy symptoms but I'm not sure exactly. I still haven't gotten a period yet and it's been 6 weeks since my m/c. I took a home pregnancy test a couple days ago but it came back negative. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if I'm just getting period signs or if I could actually be pregnant. I haven't had a period since Christmas and honestly I forgot what it was like to have a period.
June 13th, 2012, 07:56 AM
On October 28th, 2011 i gave birth to my baby girl, Raegan Harlow. I was 37 weeks along and she was stillborn. It is a very hard thing to go through but like ive always said, as long as you have great family and friends, they can help you through anything! My fiance and i have been TTC ever since we were given the go ahead. I know everyone says to NOT STRESS and that will help you but HOW do you NOT stress when you have been through such a tragic experience and all you want is to hold your own baby?
December 18th, 2012, 05:05 AM
my fiance and i have just went threw a twin miscarriage and its been devastating on me.. i lost my twins at 21 weeks and the worse of it all i had to name them. my fiance and i are both young I'm only 18 and hes 20 but |'m about ready to throw in the towel on having babies.. is that normal and at 13 i had a little girl who was born with sever heart problems and she past away just 6 days before i lost my twins
May 29th, 2013, 05:26 AM
hai iam new to this wonderful world of just mommies
iam happy to have you all to guide me to have pregnecy
by your valuble messages.
iam wating to see soon byeeeeeeeee new mom's,
& congratulations to all who r going to be mom's soon
June 16th, 2013, 11:46 PM
I also recommend the <strong><a href="http://goo.gl/OKjez">PREGNANCY MIRACLE METHOD</a></strong> to get pregnant fast and naturally!
July 31st, 2013, 11:56 AM
My partner and I have been trying for a baby for over two years now, We were going to a fertility clinic for about 5 months before somebody told us to contact this spell caster who is so powerful, We contacted him at this email; mokospellcaster@gmail.com , for him to help us, then we told him our problem, he told us that she we either conceive in January 2013 or February 2013,but after two years of trying we were at a point where we were willing to try anything. And I'm glad we came to Dr Moko, Because he predictions put us at ease, and I honestly believe him, and his gods really helped us as well, I am thankful for all he has done.
November 25th, 2013, 12:06 PM
i recently contacted a doctor named GBOCO i find his email: gbocotemple@yahoo.com on the internet so i decided to contact him for help in my relationship he ask me to send him my details which i did after that he told me that the gods reveled something to him and he told me everything that was reveled to him and he told me what he was going to do which he did and after three days my relationship became sweet again and the person that was behind my problem came to begin me for forgiveness which my mother in-law now i and my love are happy again including my mother in-law.... thanks to Dr. GBOCO
November 29th, 2013, 06:17 PM
I also recommend the <strong><a href="http://goo.gl/OKjez">PREGNANCY MIRACLE GUIDE</a></strong> as a healthy pregnancy and fertility guide!
January 1st, 2014, 11:37 AM
Hi everyone. I was looking for some help. Last month I had an early miscarriage/chemical pregnancy at 4 weeks 4 days. This was my second pregnancy (I also have a beautiful little boy who is nearly 2). I had a scan and my body seemed to have recovered quickly but the doctor advised waiting for at least one full cycle but couldn't really give me a reason why. Having read up on it the main reason is that a pregnancy is hard to date without a period between so (maybe foolishly) my husband and I have been ttc again this month. I am very regular and have never used OPK as both times we have tried to conceive, we have done straight away. I use my EWCM as a guide which appears on day 12 of my cycle. My issue is that this month, 13 days after my miscarriage bleeding started, EWCM appeared. I had slight cramps and we thought that by DTD the day before and day of, we had a good chance of conceiving. However, two days later I had more EWCM, then more the day after with more severe cramps. I am really confused and worried. I only ever have one day of EWCM normally accompanied by slight cramps. Could my body be trying to ovulate without success? My mother went through the menopause 4 years older than I am now. Any help would be really appreciated? Thank you
January 17th, 2014, 09:25 AM
Hi ladies!

Bridget1982, dont worry too much about the EWCM, especially as it is the first AF after your miscarriage. I miscarried two weeks ago and the doctor told me to expect my first AF within 4-8 weeks. I have been researching about what to expect in first period and talk to ladies who have been in our situation. They all have different stories.

Basically all bodies are different, and yours is still adjusting from mc. I know it is hard but keep calm and wait to see what happens. Although i would consult the doc about the cramps. I was given 2 week pain medication after mc, but havent had to use it as no pain, only bleeding.

Be positive and happy and your body will soon get back to normal.

xxx
March 3rd, 2014, 09:32 AM
Hi All -

I'm new to this group. At the age of 37, my husband and I started trying last year. Within two months I got pregnant but two months later I had a miscarriage in June. No D&C was needed as my period resumed regularly the following month.

It's now March and I haven't been able to get pregnant again.

Desperately seeking advice... any experience this before?

Elsie

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search