Am I Pregnant? I just turned 17 and I'm so worried.

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 2nd, 2012, 08:30 AM
About a month and a half ago, probably in the middle of May, I stopped taking birth control due to reactions I was having and June 17- June 20, I had a really bad period, my first period off of of BC. I had sex on June 21st right after it and I didn't use protection, so I'm worried I may have gotten pregnant from that. I've been having really bad mood swings, I'm hungry ALL the time, I have to pee like Sea Biscuit every 5 minutes, and I've had this weird burning/aching feeling in my lower abdomen area for about a week now. I've been more tired then usual and my boobs don't hurt, but they are swollen and my nipple/ side of the boob area feels kinds numb and tingly. And I'm kinda getting this pouch thing in my lower stomach area and it's not squishy like fat or anything. It's more on the firm side. It's not huge or anything, but it's enough to bother me and some of my clothes are a lot tighter then usual, I've been having to wear really baggy stretchy clothes otheriwse you see it. Also, in some occasions my fingers and feet/ankles swell up a lot. so this all worries me and my family is extremely fertile, it seems like almost all the girls in my family get pregnant anytime they have unprotected sex.
I'm also worried because I searched if you could get pregnant the day right after your period ended and everything I've read said that they got pregnant everytime after their period and it's freaking me out because I'm definitely not looking to get pregnant.
I've had sex since then about 5 or 6 times and once again I didn't use protection due to stupidity. I just am wondering if it's worth taking a test or not to find out. I know I should, but I have this feeling that a test won't be doing me any good and that I should probably start saving my money instead of spending it. And if I am pregnant, when should I see a doctor because I have that one blood type where your body tries to kill your baby. I have O- or something like that and I want to make sure I do everything right.
July 3rd, 2012, 08:39 AM
Test sweetie, its not worth freaking out until then. BUT unless you were ovulating your most likely NOT pregnant....but it might be too early to test technically you'd only be CD 17, and most likely you were just ovulating.....did you have sex within the last 7 days?
July 4th, 2012, 12:30 AM
Yes, I did on Monday, July 2nd. :/ And I'm scared that I was ovulating cause I've kinda had a lot of discharge. I'm not sure if thats a for sure sign of ovulating.
July 4th, 2012, 11:29 AM
First, stay calm. Whether you are or you aren't pregnant, freaking out isn't going to change it one way another. When you go off birth control it can do some pretty funky things to your body. Could you be pregnant? Yes. You had sex, so that means there's a chance you could be pregnant. But you won't know for sure until you take a test. It'll be worth the $10 to just get the test so you'll know for sure.

If it's positive, the next step is to contact your doctor to setup an appointment. They'll go over everything with you, draw blood, check your health and answer any questions you might have.

As for your blood type, that's not what kills a baby. It's something called the Rh Factor. If you're Rh negative and the baby is Rh positive, your body can begin to create antibodies that attack the fetus. That's the issue, not your blood type. And you won't know if it's a risk unless a doctor checks for it. The good news is, there are ways to keep a mother's body from attacking the fetus.

It's REALLY not something you should be worrying about right now.

Just get a pregnancy test and find out for sure. If you aren't, use this scare as a lesson to practice safer sex. If you are, call your doctor and make an appointment.
July 5th, 2012, 08:40 AM
I went and bought a box of the Clear Blue Early tests last night and it came out positive, but the + sign looked like it was smeared. Not the horizontal line, but the vertical line, so I think that something might have not worked right. I saved the other test to use it when I see if I do miss my period or not. So, I'll take that one next week or weekend.
July 5th, 2012, 07:52 PM
I'm not sure if this normal or not, but my GYN told me that I should look out for nausea or diarrhea and I have both now. Is diarrhea normal?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search