What to Look for in a Childcare Program

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 20th, 2013, 12:18 AM
Quote:
Whether you are expecting a baby or your child is already in school, if you are going back to work you will be needing childcare. The choices can be overwhelming.
Read more
June 20th, 2013, 12:18 AM
I read also from a certain article that most of all states have a program subsidized childcare. It is an income based eligibility program to help families with child care. There are also childcare tax credits if you pay over a certain <a href="http://personalmoneynetwork.com/moneyblog/2012/08/17/child-care-costs/">amount</a> for child care. Also, many childcare programs are part of the school lunch program. They provide meals for kids including formula for infants. Then, they are reimbursed for the meals. Federal guidelines must be followed for meals.
August 6th, 2013, 03:46 PM
<em>"Whether your child is with a nanny or at a daycare, you want to make sure you ask the right questions to ensure the best match"</em>

This is really the biggest factor in my opinion. As a child care provider I want to be matched with the right parents as well! We need to ensure that we have the same general philosophy for raising children before we commit to one another. If you you, as a parent, have certain expectations that I am not comfortable with, it's vital to know that before proceeding.

Excellent article, I will be sharing this!

- Terre
http://www.terrestots.com/
August 7th, 2013, 03:58 AM
Little Kingdom Childcare
The choices indeed can be overwhelming. If one is going to be back at work, maybe a pickup and drop provided by the childcare should be great. Meals served there should be welcome too. And yes not to forget potty training. Caretakers to children ratio shouldn't be neglected.
August 7th, 2013, 05:10 PM
I posted this in the comments but will share here as well.

Quote:
"Whether your child is with a nanny or at a daycare, you want to make sure you ask the right questions to ensure the best match"
This is really the biggest factor in my opinion. As a child care provider I want to be matched with the right parents as well! We need to ensure that we have the same general philosophy for raising children before we commit to one another. If you you, as a parent, have certain expectations that I am not comfortable with, it's vital to know that before proceeding.
August 12th, 2013, 03:08 AM
Regular
First and most important thing is safety of the child .The child is with nanny or daycare they should be safe. If the child is in day care the place should be clean and hygiene should be maintained. One should make proper esquires before leaving the child their If you have to go back to work.
August 14th, 2013, 05:45 AM
A child's mind is blank paper, Its very easy to write anything here. So every parents must know 3 things.
1.what their child going to learn.
2.What they want them to learn.
3.What are the interest of their child

Tags
child care , daycare

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search