The Bed Rest Debate: Is Bed Rest During Pregnancy Effective?

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 19th, 2013, 05:52 AM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Approximately 20 percent of women are put on bed rest at some point in their pregnancies (either complete bed rest, or partial bed rest, such as restrictions from work or household activities, or restrictions from sex).
Read more
August 19th, 2013, 05:52 AM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think the most logical explanation is that the women who were put on bedrest were put on bedrest BECAUSE they were more likely to deliver early. Unless they controlled for the underlying reason the women were prescribed bedrest, this article isn't really giving us much good information.
August 22nd, 2013, 04:06 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
I find this article useless......it states that women put on bed rest are more likely to give birth prematurely...well of COURSE!!!! That is why they are put on bed rest to try to prevent that! and of COURSE women who remain active (aka not put on bed rest because of problems) are less likely...well of course cause they had no reason to be put on bed rest! I for one was on bedrest with my oldest due to high blood pressure and early contractions....I went on and carried her til 40+ weeks! I do not think that would have happened had they not put me on bed rest

*Kristy wife to Karl, mom to Raianna(13) Elyse(11) and Helena(6) stepmom to Frankie(16)*
click me!---> Come Join us at Stay At Home Mommies!!! <---click me!
click me!---> Come Join us at Mommy Weightloss and Fitness!!! <---click me!
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

September 2nd, 2013, 03:28 AM
Regular
According to my experience women put on bed rest are likely to have painful labor.If one is active throughout the labor then the labor will be less painful.But everyone is not put on bed rest only those needed are advised.
November 14th, 2013, 04:49 AM
I agree with childtocherish. My older sister would take a 30 minute walk every morning a month before she gave birth. My niece was born without any hassle.
November 14th, 2013, 05:54 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
I don't know about the less painful...my oldest was way less painful than my second labor (both drug free) I was on bedrest with the first and the second was WAY more painful IMO. I do not think you can judge a pregnancy by how much you move, how many you've had, by other peoples experiences...every pregnancy is different.

*Kristy wife to Karl, mom to Raianna(13) Elyse(11) and Helena(6) stepmom to Frankie(16)*
click me!---> Come Join us at Stay At Home Mommies!!! <---click me!
click me!---> Come Join us at Mommy Weightloss and Fitness!!! <---click me!
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search