Did you Cry during labor/birth?

Forum: Labor and Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Did you cry during labor or birth?
Yes 38 66.67%
No 19 33.33%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Labor and Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 15th, 2010, 06:27 AM
Snowpeas
If so, for what reasons (pain, fear, happiness, other emotions, etc)
January 15th, 2010, 06:44 AM
~Constance~
Yes, just emotional though. I think it was excitement and feeling overwhelmed. The pain was dealt with by groaning and yelling.
January 15th, 2010, 07:18 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I did not.

but after Nathan had his first check in the delivery room they took him for a heart exam, so he and mike left the room, and then they started to fix my internal tear. and I went off the deep end.

I think it was fear of them fixing me, and the flood of emotions from the delivery. I couldn't stop crying. And all I wanted was someone to hold my hand, but everyone was busy...

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

January 15th, 2010, 09:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I did not. I think it was just the adrenaline... I normally do not cry for happy reasons, just sad so it wouldn't have made sense. haha. DH on the other hand, was sobbing

January 15th, 2010, 12:54 PM
♥womanintheshoe♥'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I cry when transition is hitting as I realize this is it, no turning back, and I freak out a little.

I cry when I'm told I'm "complete" and baby is on its way out; at that time I'm grieving the end of the pregnancy and cry as I feel my pg belly for the last time.

I cry when everyone has left the room and it is finally quiet, leaving just me and my baby. That's when I lose it big time. It's a sweet time of bonding that I cherish.

Also missing 11 precious little ones here with us but for a moment.

VERY cautiously expecting after two losses early 2013. Hoping and praying my Valentine's Day due date baby sticks this time.
January 15th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Mine crying was out of pure emotions...

First was because my MW was leaving at noon and I got the OB that I had butted heads with

Second the OB kept bringing up csection because I was on a time clock

And thirdly because when I broke down and took the epidural I felt like I was letting my daughter down and didn't want to hurt her... I was going for an all natural childbirth... I got the epi and dilated in under 2 hours... if I didn't I would have ended up in a c-section....
January 15th, 2010, 05:31 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I cried when they told me they were going to induce me, but that was it. Not once during the L&D process did I shed a tear - I was too focused on getting the natural birth I'd planned and prepared for. I was more determined to get it than ever because I was being induced so tears were not on my to do list

I didn't cry when she was born either - I was too scared since she was pretty much dead....I actually detached from the situation, since no one would tell me if she was okay. I focused on my midwife, passing the placenta and her putting my stitch in. No one would tell me if Brylie was going to be okay, so I transferred my energy to what was happening with me.

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
January 15th, 2010, 08:27 PM
~Allison~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't. I started to tear up right after he came out when they put him on my chest, but nothing came out.

January 16th, 2010, 09:14 AM
Snowpeas
I did with both of my kids after they were born and I saw them for the first time. It was so emotional.
January 19th, 2010, 07:44 AM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I cried both times when they put the baby up on my stomach. With Cassidy I remember crying a little bit after about 2.5 hours of pushing...I just wanted her out. She came out 1/2 an hour later.

Sara's beautiful children: Cassidy (5y) and Joel (3y 4m) and Timothy (almost 8 months)
Yes, I know I need a new picture .

January 19th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Koti's Avatar Nugget's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Koti Send a message via Yahoo to Koti
I am a crier. I cried on the way to the hospital. I cried out of pain. I cried when they finally told me I could have an epidural. I cried because I had to wait an hour for the epidural. After that, I don't think I cried until I saw my baby. Then ever couple of hours since then...
January 22nd, 2010, 11:39 AM
vincentsmom
I cried from pain of the contractions...but soon after had my epi and did not cry again until my son was born and I saw him for the first time.
February 19th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Veteran
I did with both of my kid - pain
EDD: 07/03/2013

June 23rd, 2010, 11:36 PM
Veteran
I cried from pain of the contractions
Felix was born 01/01/2013
EDD: 09/12/2014

June 24th, 2010, 11:49 PM
4wildflowers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to 4wildflowers
With #1, from the pain of labor and c-section.

With the others, right when I first saw them and heard them cry.

My kids.....
Jake 13
Shane 9
Brynne 6
Claire 4

June 25th, 2010, 05:33 PM
twolips02's Avatar Veteran
No, I was too shocked at how much my DD looked like my mother-in-law and dh's side. I wanted to cry! :-) She is adorable now, of course. ha ha

June 25th, 2010, 05:38 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Not here.

June 28th, 2010, 05:55 PM
I cried before and after. i didn't cry from pain, I cried when they told me I needed a C section, well I calmly made the decision to have a c section as the rational part of me told me after 4 days of labor I needed a c section. But then the fear hit in and then the disappointment of not going through the entire labor process made me feel bad and made me feel like I failed but that only lasted a minute. Then as soon as they pulled him out and I heard him cry I started crying. A rush of adrenalin, a rush of hormones I am sure and it was a 10 year wait for him with two ectopic pregnancies with the second one almost killing me so it was finally my miracle and my dream come true.
July 1st, 2010, 12:16 PM
MommyMelissa's Avatar *Melissa*
oh yes! i cried from pain, cried/groaned/yelled that i was a csection LOL. my dr looked at me like i was crazy. and sure enough, my daughter was born and all pain and painfull tears went byebye!
July 6th, 2010, 12:10 PM
jessi0887's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I cried when my son was delivered and placed on my stomach. It was a very overwhelming feeling of emotions. Everything I went through for nine month and then to deliver this amazing gift of life. It was just soo overwhelming that i couldn't help but cry i guess.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search