Friday Five

Forum: Labor and Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Labor and Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 19th, 2010, 03:54 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. How far did you drive to give birth?
2. Did the doctor/midwife you saw throughout your pregnancy deliver babe?
3. How did your DH/SO handle the actual birth?
4. What time was babe born?
5. How soon do you plan on doing it again?

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
March 19th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
10 miles on interstate

Nope. Had I gone a day before she would have been there, but she wasn't on call that night.

Just fine.

4:47am

Hopefully not for another 2-3 years.
March 19th, 2010, 10:15 PM
WhoaMomma!'s Avatar Danielle
We drove 15 minutes. A backup OB with my regular midwife as first assist performed my cesarean. But my midwife did all my care during labor. My DH was awesome through everything. He was my knight in shining armor. Claire was born at 4:23am. I want to be pregnant yesterday. But when I think of actually having two babies to take care of I think we'd better wait a bit. I'd like to have the next one due when Claire is 2-3. Definitely no longer!!

My daughter is perfect, but her birth was not. If you or someone you love is struggling to cope with a traumatic childbirth experience, please visit http://www.solaceformothers.org/
March 20th, 2010, 07:44 AM
Aeterna's Avatar Super Speshil
My answers are from my last birth.

Quote:
Homebirth.

Quote:
She caught him. Didn't deliver him.

Quote:
He was shocked. We all were.

Quote:
11:51 pm.

Quote:
No sooner than 12 months pp. As far as actively TTC goes.

March 20th, 2010, 09:48 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. How far did you drive to give birth? about 45 minutes
2. Did the doctor/midwife you saw throughout your pregnancy deliver babe? yes
3. How did your DH/SO handle the actual birth? he was great!
4. What time was babe born? 3:17 pm
5. How soon do you plan on doing it again? about 9 months after conception! LOL I am hoping we will have 1 or 2 more kiddos, but with our fertility issues I don't know when/if it will happen

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

March 20th, 2010, 12:18 PM
~Allison~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. How far did you drive to give birth? 45 minutes

2. Did the doctor/midwife you saw throughout your pregnancy deliver babe? No. The practice I go to is made up of 4 doctors. They're office is in the hospital I delivered at, and you're required to see each doctor throughout your pregnancy. One of the doctors comes to the hospital (which doesn't deliver babies) in my town one day a week to see patients, so I saw him the most. The day I was induced was the day he was in my town seeing patients. I was happy with the doctor that delivered Aaden, because she was the one I had seen the 2nd most, and I really liked her.

3. How did your DH/SO handle the actual birth? He was pretty amazed by the whole process.

4. What time was babe born? 1:08 p.m.

5. How soon do you plan on doing it again? Right after he was born, we talked about TTC around now. But his crappy sleeping, and the terrible toddlerhood have put those plans on hold.

March 20th, 2010, 12:51 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. How far did you drive to give birth? 75.2 miles - we have been known to make it it under 20 minutes though thank God for back country highways
2. Did the doctor/midwife you saw throughout your pregnancy deliver babe? My midwife group was set up similiar to Alison's OB practice. I saw 5 midwives (and there were 6 that could potentially be there, one worked at a different office so I never met her) but we had a favorite - Heather - and she happened to be the one on call the day I got induced, only because she knocked the midwife who was supossed to be on call off her bike and broke her arm! Thank God, the one that was supossed to be on call has the highest c-section rate (I just found that out yesterday!)
3. How did your DH/SO handle the actual birth? like a rock. he was fantastic.
4. What time was babe born? Official birth time is 10:30PM, but I looked at the clock the second she was out and it was 10:22PM. 10:30 is when she actually cried
5. How soon do you plan on doing it again? We didn't prevent until Feb and we are preventing until August (no winter baby please!) and we will resume MA in September. I WILL be pregnant by the end of the year

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
March 20th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Like 6-8 miles.. it was about a 15min drive
The OB that I didn't like or want delivered Noelle, the MW I had earlier in the day I wanted to deliver Noelle got off shift at noon... grrrr
Fine, he was half watching... and when it came to the birthing he was actually very supportive and started crying when Noelle was born...
10:30pm
If I had my way, I would do it again now... but I am BFing have no AF, and want to wait til Noelle is at least 2yrs old
March 21st, 2010, 02:46 AM
aussie_mama22's Avatar Brooke
Send a message via AIM to aussie_mama22
Literally 1 minute.

No, I saw 3 different midwives because of shift changes (i was induced) and a doctor ended up delivering her.

Surprisingly well, he said he was staying away from the business end but when it came down to it he said he just had to look and was glad he did.

9.25am

Its almost 5 years later and we are doing it again.

Thankyou *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

March 21st, 2010, 04:06 PM
gctattoo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. How far did you drive to give birth? It took about 15-20 minutes.

2. Did the doctor/midwife you saw throughout your pregnancy deliver babe? No, I ended up with the only male doctor out of four possible OB's. And I'd never met him before.

3. How did your DH/SO handle the actual birth? He did great. He was right down there the whole time and he was excited to cut the cord.

4. What time was babe born? 5:23 am

5. How soon do you plan on doing it again? Uh...never.
March 21st, 2010, 11:14 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
#1 - less than a mile
#2 - less than a mile (not the same facility as the first)
#3 - nowhere, homebirth

Yes for all (different midwife for each pregnancy)

He kinda just watches in awe then dances around like a schoolboy for half an hour after the baby is born

#1 - 1:03pm
#2 - 7:29am
#3 - 9:17am

probably start TTC later this year - around Kya's 1st bday

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

March 22nd, 2010, 06:12 AM
Isaeph's Avatar Jennifer the Momma
For ds1, I think like 8mi maybe? Not too far. Dd and ds2 were uc, so no driving.

With ds1-no. Had one doctor up until 24 weeks...saw his nurse at every appt until my 24 week appt and met him. He made me cry-it was my first appt that dh couldn't make, and we switched to another ob after that. She didn't deliver me either, it was the on call doctor at the hospital who was also a JERK. With dd I saw my ob for the first 12 weeks and then no one until 28 weeks, then I went to a birth center and saw 5 mw's + 1 student mw and didn't really mesh with anyone. Uc'd instead. Ds2 was a up/uc. All future pg's will be too.

With ds1 he was pretty freaked out. We got treated horribly in the hospital and had both of our moms there bossing us around too. He was pretty scared, but my dad helped him through some of it. He had sworn he wouldn't watch the actual delivery, but he did and was really glad. With dd he was abolutely amazing. I woke him up about halfway through labor and he was everything to me during labor and birth. With ds2 he was a great support too, though it wore on him more and I think he's a little nervous for next time. I don't yell during labor, I cry, and I think he was really scared last time, so I'm planning on laboring mostly alone next time while he plays with the kids, I'll just call him in when it's time to push I think. He was amazing though and pushed on my hips with every contraction.

Ds1 4:04am
Dd 7:50am
Ds2 4:25pm

Hoping to get pg this cycle, though we don't ttc. We're a ntnp family, so we'll see what happens!

Crunchy, conservative, Christian, homeschooling, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, not-vaccinating, cloth-diapering, baby-wearing, ec-ing, unassisted-birthing, breastmilk donating, Momma to 7yo, 4yo, 2yo, 2mo.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search