c-section?

Forum: Labor and Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Labor and Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 8th, 2010, 09:04 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Did your induction result in a c-section?

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
April 8th, 2010, 11:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
No, thankfully
April 9th, 2010, 06:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Not for me, but that is one of my biggest fears with childbirth. I've never had any type of surgery (besides oral surgery to remove wisdom teeth) and am TERRIFIED about the possibility of 'going under the knife' and being knocked out. When they told me I had to be knocked out to have my wisdom teeth out, I was so scared I made myself sick.

Many Many Thanks to GraysMama (Chelsea) for my AMAZING Siggy!!!

April 9th, 2010, 09:22 AM
Mine almost did, I was very close several times, but thankfully it was avoided

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
April 9th, 2010, 09:43 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
Mine came way to close to a c-section when they became really concerned about Savannah's heartrate plunging with each contraction (and side note: they weren't telling me how concerned they were to avoid panicking me...which irked me post-delivery, but I had known something was wrong because alarms went off and a bunch of nurses would rush in and turn me side to side constantly). But we avoided the c-section...and after she was delivered I found out they were concerned thinking the cord was around her neck...but it wasn't - the little stinker had it wrapped around her waist but was holding it in her hand (Dr joked she came out looking like a fashion girl with a belt on) and apparently squeezing it periodically which may have caused the decel problem during labor....

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
April 9th, 2010, 10:47 AM
silverlife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My son was having decelerations, but it was because the contractions were rotating him so the external monitor wasn't picking up his heart rate. Once they got the internal monitor in, they were able to see that he was just fine. I stalled at 9cm for 5 hours, but no one ever mentioned "failure to progress", "CPD" (where they say the baby won't fit through the pelvis), or "c-section".

So I didn't get one, but I know that some women in the same situation (just a different hospital or doctor) may have wound up with one.
April 9th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverlife View Post
My son was having decelerations, but it was because the contractions were rotating him so the external monitor wasn't picking up his heart rate. Once they got the internal monitor in, they were able to see that he was just fine. I stalled at 9cm for 5 hours, but no one ever mentioned "failure to progress", "CPD" (where they say the baby won't fit through the pelvis), or "c-section".

So I didn't get one, but I know that some women in the same situation (just a different hospital or doctor) may have wound up with one.

I stalled at 4cm for 4 hours and then 6cm for 9 hours and feel VERY blessed not to have been dx as FTP as well. I know almost any other provider would've sent me immediately to the OR (the stalling + the scary low decels)...I am glad we both have good providers!!!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
April 9th, 2010, 01:52 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yep.

I had a bad reaction to pit. after 15 minutes on the pit the contractions hit hard and heavy.

lasting 15 minutes with only a minute or 2 of a break. The doctor and nurse tried to figure out for an hour what was going on.

It came very apparent that my uterus was crushing Adam to death. Only 1 hour into my induction I was rushed for an emergency c/s. and no time for a spinal block.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

April 10th, 2010, 06:20 AM
WhoaMomma!'s Avatar Danielle
I sure did. I had a horrible reaction to pitocin and was given an epidural and terbutaline to try and stop the hyperstimulation. I had a rare reaction to the epidural which resulted in severe fetal hypoxia and my dd had to be delivered via ER cesarean to save her life.

My daughter is perfect, but her birth was not. If you or someone you love is struggling to cope with a traumatic childbirth experience, please visit http://www.solaceformothers.org/
May 5th, 2010, 08:57 PM
IamMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nope - both my babies came shooting out like champs! My second was out within 12 minutes I think of me starting to push....

"Children too are a gift from the LORD, the fruit of the womb, a reward."
Psalm 127:3

May 6th, 2010, 08:53 AM
Belalith's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, actually. I was induced due to Pre-E and I was stalled at a 4 for over 12 hours. My doctor was willing to let me go longer, but being that I had been in hyper-labor for 18 hours, I was the one asking for a c-section. Begged for it, actually and I'm not ashamed in the least. Considering I had been on bedrest for 12 weeks and in the hospital for 29 days, I was DONE.

May 8th, 2010, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belalith View Post
Yes, actually. I was induced due to Pre-E and I was stalled at a 4 for over 12 hours. My doctor was willing to let me go longer, but being that I had been in hyper-labor for 18 hours, I was the one asking for a c-section. Begged for it, actually and I'm not ashamed in the least. Considering I had been on bedrest for 12 weeks and in the hospital for 29 days, I was DONE.

welcome to the board

your little man is beautiful!!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
May 12th, 2010, 01:10 AM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
lurker here..i was induced with dd and in labor for 36 hours and i believe dr said i was only at a two (started not dialated at all, eek!) so off to csection i went. i was attempting vbac with ds but he was breech and had to do section because my dr doesnt allow breech vaginal births, especially vbacs like that. i was knocked out with ds birth.
May 13th, 2010, 04:40 AM
WhoaMomma!'s Avatar Danielle
to the new mommies I see here! Please stick around and get to know us! We are looking to expand our community of BTDT and preggo Moms!

My daughter is perfect, but her birth was not. If you or someone you love is struggling to cope with a traumatic childbirth experience, please visit http://www.solaceformothers.org/
June 1st, 2010, 02:00 PM
ashleyjo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
no, i din't end up with a c-section, and i feel very blessed for it.. i was 1-2cm for over 15 hours, and had i not had the OB i have, and for how well Colin tolerated the labor, I'm sure I would have had a c-section. I just wasn't able to relax and therefore I wasn't able to dilate like I should have until after I had my epidural.

June 6th, 2010, 05:48 AM
babi_lovin11's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to babi_lovin11
No thank god!
June 11th, 2010, 04:35 PM
Yes, it did, unfortunately. My body just wasn't ready to have a baby and no amount of cervidil or pitocin was going to convince it otherwise. Fifty-something hours later, I started having major complications (in addition to the complications which lead up to the induction) and finally had to consent to the c/s.
July 5th, 2010, 11:08 AM
AliciaF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No. I delivered vaginally 4 1/2 hours after the pit was started.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy Follow us on Facebook

July 26th, 2010, 02:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Nope. She was born after 27 hours of labor, at about 25.5 hours the doc told me that he would try upping the pit over the next hour, but if I was not where I needed to be by then we would have to seriously talk section. That hour did the trick!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search