The Good Side

Forum: Labor and Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Labor and Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 10th, 2010, 07:46 AM
WhoaMomma!'s Avatar Danielle
What was the best thing about your induction?

For me - even as awful as my experience was - it showed me a reserve of strength I didn't know I had. I was afraid going into labor that I might "punk out" and be "that girl" whining about the pain before the hard stuff even hits. But my DH, my CNM, and the nurses were all completely dumbfounded that I never asked for pain meds through 17 hours of hyperstimulated intense labor. And I'm very proud of that. And no matter what else happens in future deliveries, that's something that can't be taken away from me.

My daughter is perfect, but her birth was not. If you or someone you love is struggling to cope with a traumatic childbirth experience, please visit http://www.solaceformothers.org/
April 10th, 2010, 08:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The best thing about the inductions for me was not having to rush to the hospital with my husband's crazy driving with our 14 month old and 2 1/2 year old in tow. haha Otherwise it was the fact that by being induced the pregnancy was over and I quit throwing up everything I ate.

Many Many Thanks to GraysMama (Chelsea) for my AMAZING Siggy!!!

April 10th, 2010, 09:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have a couple things...

I am proud that I labored for close to 14hrs on Pitocin without pain meds... I'm also proud that I was able to deliver vaginally but it was sucessful due to getting the epidural... I am also thankfull I had the epi for less than 2hrs so my DD wasn't exposed to the meds for long...
April 10th, 2010, 09:09 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
I didn't like much about my induction (other than the successful outcome) but knowing when you're going to start labor definitely allowed me to mentally prepare myself - both for the labor & birth...and for meeting my daughter. And I think that was great; I was more focused than I might have been if it had caught me by surprise in the middle of the night.

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
April 11th, 2010, 09:36 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ummmmmm, that I didnt have to clean up my water at home? my induction was pretty traumatic to me. I mean, I was sitting at my NST with a headache, and then BAM everyone thought I was going to die and I was getting induced.

I am pretty proud of going 19 hours on Pitocin without a single drop of pain medication, even when I stalled at 6cm for 9 hours and was very discouraged

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
April 11th, 2010, 10:44 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
for the most part i see my induction as a bad thing, but I usually do forget that Adam's water was dangerously low. Since the doctor didn't do late term u/s it wouldn't have been discovered until he was born.

So in a way I do think the induction was a life saver, but I Think it could have gone a lot differently.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

April 24th, 2010, 04:42 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Without my induction I wouldn't have opted for the epi and might have ended up with an emergency C section instead. So the best part for me was that I got to deliver vaginally.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

May 16th, 2010, 07:48 AM
Amanda_Marie's Avatar Mommy to Owen
Although my induction was odd and extremely painful, especially because no one knew I was in labor or believed me for that matter. Before giving birth I was set on pain meds of any sort, I believed I couldn't handle pain. Well I ended up having an all natural childbirth and showed me the strength I truely had and kinda proved all those nurses and Dr's wrong...cervadil can make a women go into full blown labor

Thank you Tasha_Mae for my beautiful siggy!
July 10th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Regular
I'm so sorry you all had bad induction experiences.

But this board TERRIFIED me when I found out I was being induced. Like...made me want to curl up and cry I was so scared. So I really want to let other women who are being induced know that it can be a positive thing.

I loved my induction experience and wouldn't want to have done it any other way. I really don't have time to tell my birth story right now. But I just want to encourage any other mommies that are being induced. It can be great!

July 18th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Induction made everything quick for me. I broke my water bag first so I was in for induction. I don't know what would have happened if I wasn't. It was the Demerol I regret.

Last edited by Believe_it; September 1st, 2010 at 07:03 PM.
July 26th, 2010, 03:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
There was very little that was negative about my induction, other than I really wanted to experience going into labor on my own. I guess the highligh (other than the end result) was that my water did break on its own, so I got to experience that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search